Page 59 of 65 FirstFirst ... 94956575859606162 ... LastLast
Results 871 to 885 of 968
  1. #871
    ... on a leash ArbitraryWater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    I walk a higher path, son
    Posts
    42,096

    Default Re: The Soccer Discussion Thread

    When was the last time a league was as good as current Premier League?


    The top 4 of Chelsea / City / Liverpool / United might be the strongest top 4 since, the Premier League back in 2008 / 2009...

    all 4 are not just among the top 7-8 CL contenders but brutally elite.

    Could truly be one of the most amazing seasons title races of all time.

  2. #872
    d-y-n-a-s-t-y hold this L's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    9,722

    Default Re: The Soccer Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post
    I cant believe Lewa's replacement scored 2 goals and you still say Lewa's injury made the reason for the loss


    I dont care about standards applied by the casual.

    Haaland is better at football than Lewandowski.

    There isnt a single thing Lewa does better.

    He only gets more frequent higher chance opportunities.
    Well the main reason was defense, it was garbage last season and Flick never bothered to fix it. But Lewy on the field is a whole different story. Bayern should have scored 6-7 goals in the first leg but ended up with only 2. CM scored the goals, but that's why you sound like a ****ing casual. Lewy on the field means there are 2 players on him at all times, giving more space to Mueller and the wingers, which was the only time both wingers were bad that entire season. The whole season. They had a less space to operate and it shows. Lewy also has the best build up if someone gives him the ball and everyone pushes forward, while CM trips and falls over his own self. You can cry about Lewy all you want but the facts are there baby boi, 18-0-0 with Lewy on the field in the last 3 CL campaigns, 20-1-1 including games he didn't play.

    And your argument for Haaland is idiotic. Only things Haaland is actually better than Lewy is speed, strength and shot power. That's it. Lewy is a better finisher, better composure, technical skill, hold up play, two footed, and has the best header in the game.

  3. #873
    ... on a leash ArbitraryWater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    I walk a higher path, son
    Posts
    42,096

    Default Re: The Soccer Discussion Thread

    Lewa indeed has a better header.. thats it. weaker foot marginal difference at best.

    Technical skill? What are you talking about?

    Haaland is a better dribbler and more well versed in 1 vi 1, using body etc..

    Hold up play lol.

    Haaland doesnt do hold up play.

    He drives the ball forward.

    He dominates a superior part of the game because he can.

    Lewy can not be used like that.

    Lewa is just a product finisher.

    The head of the monster.

    If Haaland had the luxury of the Bayern team, they could just stick him upfront and all of a sudden you'd think Haaland was the better finisher.

    Haaland creates goals.

    Lewandowski doesnt create anything.

  4. #874
    d-y-n-a-s-t-y hold this L's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    9,722

    Default Re: The Soccer Discussion Thread

    We will end it at you being a retard and not knowing anything about football. Have a good day continuing to get angry while you cry like a little bitch every time he has success. I can't argue with idiots.


    In other news, Lewy's BDor is loading and he had a special conference for his legendary 41 goals from last season, despite missing 5 games due to injury.


  5. #875
    ... on a leash ArbitraryWater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    I walk a higher path, son
    Posts
    42,096

    Default Re: The Soccer Discussion Thread

    His last 2 games / goals were particularly epic.

    Missing every thing there was to miss, but then sealing it with the penalty and 90+3 tap-in


    how you break a record in style.


    we are privileged

  6. #876
    d-y-n-a-s-t-y hold this L's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    9,722

    Default Re: The Soccer Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post
    Lewy..


  7. #877
    Good college starter dankok8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,467

    Default Re: The Soccer Discussion Thread

    Messi has a knee contusion missing today's match and probably more.

  8. #878
    Good college starter dankok8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,467

    Default Re: The Soccer Discussion Thread

    Barca already 7 points behind Real. Albeit they do have a game in hand but I remember a certain poster was predicting that we would thrive without Messi. This season is exactly the dumpster fire I expected. I still think we'll get into the CL but it could be a dogfight.

  9. #879
    ... on a leash ArbitraryWater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    I walk a higher path, son
    Posts
    42,096

    Default Re: The Soccer Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by dankok8 View Post
    Barca already 7 points behind Real. Albeit they do have a game in hand but I remember a certain poster was predicting that we would thrive without Messi. This season is exactly the dumpster fire I expected. I still think we'll get into the CL but it could be a dogfight.

    Do you seriously want to go into estimation of teams after you predicted Juventus to win the title when they just got their first win (3-2 at Spezia) in week 5 while Barca without Griezman, Aguero, Dembele and Fati are about to be in the top 5 still unbeaten?



    Whats wrong with you bre?

    Do you have no awareness?

  10. #880
    d-y-n-a-s-t-y hold this L's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    9,722

    Default Re: The Soccer Discussion Thread

    I still think Barca finishes top 4 comfortably. I need to see how they are once all their offensive players outside of DeGarbage are back from injury though. Guy looks lost out there, he might look much better once Dembele and Fati are back because they won't double team him all game.

  11. #881
    Good college starter dankok8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,467

    Default Re: The Soccer Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by hold this L View Post
    I still think Barca finishes top 4 comfortably. I need to see how they are once all their offensive players outside of DeGarbage are back from injury though. Guy looks lost out there, he might look much better once Dembele and Fati are back because they won't double team him all game.
    Obviously when Fati starts playing we'll be better but Fati also missed most of last season as well.

  12. #882
    Local High School Star LeCola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    1,000

    Default Re: The Soccer Discussion Thread

    Guys, tomorrow, a very weird match will be played. Ajax vs Beşiktaş. 2 things make the match weird:

    1-) Beşiktaş left 11 players in Turkey due to injuries. Also, two players could probably play with injuries.

    11 players: Domagoj Vida, Welinton, Atiba Hutchinson, Georges-Kevin N'Koudou, Rachid Ghezzal, Mehmet Topal, Miralem Pjanic, Cyle Larin, Francisco Montero, Alex Teixeira, Necip Uysal. Bold ones are their starting eleven players.

    Also, Kenan Karaman will play with a broken finger. Michy Batshuayi was questionable but he would probably play.

    They went to the Netherlands with 17 players. 2 of them are injured as I said, 4 of them from the youth team and 2 GK's.

    Their possible starting line up is:

    Ersin
    Rosier-Serdar*-N'Sakala**-Umut
    Josef
    Kenan***-Oğuzhan-Salih-Rıdvan****
    Batshuayi*****

    Bold ones are from their best stating 11.
    *18 years old youth team player. He has no experience.
    **His original position is LB.
    ***His finger is broken
    ****His original position is LB.
    *****He missed the last game because of a knee injury.

    2-) Ajax beaten Sporting 5-1 in the first CL match. They scored 30 goals and conceded only 1 goal in 7 matches in Erivedise.

    The highest defeat in CL was 8-0, it was Beşiktaş Against Liverpool in 2007.

    Do you think that record could be broken tomorrow? Or just 2-3 goals margin?

  13. #883
    ... on a leash ArbitraryWater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    I walk a higher path, son
    Posts
    42,096

    Default Re: The Soccer Discussion Thread

    Thats very interesting information.


    Brb heading to my bookie


    A win by 3 or more goals goes for doubling your money.



    It almost sounds like a lock according to this information..

  14. #884
    d-y-n-a-s-t-y hold this L's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    9,722

    Default Re: The Soccer Discussion Thread

    You make the bet?

  15. #885
    ... on a leash ArbitraryWater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    I walk a higher path, son
    Posts
    42,096

    Default Re: The Soccer Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by hold this L View Post
    You make the bet?
    yea, unloaded.


    2-0 at halftime and cant make a third.... yea right

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •