Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4111213141516 LastLast
Results 196 to 210 of 233
  1. #196
    2.0 patch Phoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    8,241

    Default Re: There has never been a more mind****ed ATG player than Kevin Durant

    Quote Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn View Post
    He might go back to the Warriors


    Bleacher Report
    @BleacherReport
    Warriors have interest in trading for Kevin Durant, per
    @MarcJSpears


    Golden State could offer the best package for both sides: Jordan Poole, Andrew Wiggins, Jonathan Kuminga & James Wiseman


    Someone will probably say 'well it's a good thing you're not a GM' but..... I wouldn't make that trade. Durant may be at this level for 2 more years and he's never going to give you a 70 game season again (and maybe not even a 60 game one). Guys like Wiggins are either in their prime now, or emerging like Poole and will only get better coming off a chip. Gutting your supporting cast for an aging superstar that you literally proved you don't 'need' to win a title based on this past season is too much. And let's not forget Steph himself is 34, and Dray/Klay 32. These guys are at the age where being a 'year older' doesn't mean a year better. Wiggins and Poole will be better players next year than last.
    Last edited by Phoenix; 07-04-2022 at 05:41 AM.

  2. #197
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    31,401

    Default Re: There has never been a more mind****ed ATG player than Kevin Durant

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post


    Someone will probably say 'well it's a good thing you're not a GM' but..... I wouldn't make that trade. Durant may be at this level for 2 more years and he's never going to give you a 70 game season again (and maybe not even a 60 game one). Guys like Wiggins are either in their prime now, or emerging like Poole and will only get better coming off a chip. Gutting your supporting cast for an aging superstar that you literally proved you don't 'need' to win a title based on this past season is too much. And let's not forget Steph himself is 34, and Dray/Klay 32. These guys are at the age where being a 'year older' doesn't mean a year better. Wiggins and Poole will be better players next year than last.
    Yes. Warriors say no.

  3. #198
    College superstar Baller789's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    4,522

    Default Re: There has never been a more mind****ed ATG player than Kevin Durant

    The media has to push the narrative of KD to the Lakers or GSW for the ratings.

    And the sheep lap it up.

  4. #199
    Professor Objectivity 8Ball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Location
    Correcting the Jordan Record
    Posts
    7,243

    Default Re: There has never been a more mind****ed ATG player than Kevin Durant

    Quote Originally Posted by rmt View Post
    Designated Rookie rule allows only 1 per team to be traded. Wiggins cannot be traded to Nets because Nets already have Simmons with Designated Rookie rule (only 1 team's non-drafted player per team).

    Then, could only use Klay's contract and GSW will never trade Klay.
    They will trade Klay for KD.

  5. #200
    College superstar rmt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,374

    Default Re: There has never been a more mind****ed ATG player than Kevin Durant

    Quote Originally Posted by 8Ball View Post
    They will trade Klay for KD.
    With the history that's gone down? I don't think Draymond, Steph and Kerr would stand for that. Or more importantly, the GSW FANS.

    Besides, Nets would not do that.
    Last edited by rmt; 07-04-2022 at 10:18 AM.

  6. #201
    NO KLAY, NO PLAY AlternativeAcc.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    6,071

    Default Re: There has never been a more mind****ed ATG player than Kevin Durant

    Quote Originally Posted by rmt View Post
    With the history that's gone down? I don't think Draymond, Steph and Kerr would stand for that. Or more importantly, the GSW FANS.

    Besides, Nets would not do that.
    Nobody cares what you think

  7. #202
    wet brain highwhey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    30,852

    Default Re: There has never been a more mind****ed ATG player than Kevin Durant


  8. #203
    College superstar Baller789's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    4,522

    Default Re: There has never been a more mind****ed ATG player than Kevin Durant

    Quote Originally Posted by highwhey View Post
    You can say the same about Lebron when he sucks the life out of a team.

  9. #204
    Local High School Star houston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,432

    Default Re: There has never been a more mind****ed ATG player than Kevin Durant

    Quote Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn View Post
    The Brooklyn Nets paid Kevin Durant to sit on the sidelines and rehab for an entire season on the understanding that he was in it for the long haul.

    Instead, Durant demanded a trade after playing just 90 games for the Nets.

    Durant was also the one who urged Brooklyn to sign Kyrie Irving, the man who pushed James Harden away and set the wheels in motion for this whole thing to fall apart.

    KD also played a major role in pushing Brooklyn to sign a completely washed Deandre Jordan to a ridiculous $40 million contract.

    The Nets did everything Durant asked for, and he repaid them by setting the team up for failure and then quitting on them.


    This the truth right here

  10. #205
    3-time NBA All-Star
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    10,823

    Default Re: There has never been a more mind****ed ATG player than Kevin Durant

    Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41 View Post
    I understand you think that… and that is a fine opinion to have.

    I think the exact opposite. I think Curry is the better and more impactful player when I evaluate them and it is the KD resume arguments that are used against Curry….

    Meaning KD’s two titles and fmvps while on the Warriors.

    I don’t really care much about perception… people on here act like KD didn’t have help and Russ wasn’t better than Iggy.
    Maybe this was the case before Steph's 4th title, but the current resume arguments are all on Curry's side.

    I don't know if I've heard anyone say he had no help at all. His help was overrated. Russ is clearly better then Iggy at his best, at his worst he's arguably the worst player to have.

    Russ is equally likely to the be primary reason to win a game as he is to lose a game. Thats a terrible dynamic for a player to have. Which means yes with him as your best teammate a guy like KD could win 50-60 games in the regular season and win multiple playoff series but he's going to screw something up eventually to prevent them from winning 4 series in a row. So you can point to playoff series where he was great and series where KD was not great, that's not really the point. I can't think of any player as ball-dominant, bone-headed and erratic as him to ever win a championship. Its a whole other level from just having a bad series. McHale, Pippen, Kobe, Gasol, Wade, Kyrie, Klay have all had bad series but they weren't costing games/series as in literally being net negatives for their team. There's literally been games where the Thunder would've been better off just sitting him out.

  11. #206
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    32,653

    Default Re: There has never been a more mind****ed ATG player than Kevin Durant

    Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post
    Maybe this was the case before Steph's 4th title, but the current resume arguments are all on Curry's side.

    I don't know if I've heard anyone say he had no help at all. His help was overrated. Russ is clearly better then Iggy at his best, at his worst he's arguably the worst player to have.

    Russ is equally likely to the be primary reason to win a game as he is to lose a game. Thats a terrible dynamic for a player to have. Which means yes with him as your best teammate a guy like KD could win 50-60 games in the regular season and win multiple playoff series but he's going to screw something up eventually to prevent them from winning 4 series in a row. So you can point to playoff series where he was great and series where KD was not great, that's not really the point. I can't think of any player as ball-dominant, bone-headed and erratic as him to ever win a championship. Its a whole other level from just having a bad series. McHale, Pippen, Kobe, Gasol, Wade, Kyrie, Klay have all had bad series but they weren't costing games/series as in literally being net negatives for their team. There's literally been games where the Thunder would've been better off just sitting him out.
    Russ has his ups and downs...no doubt...but I think people tend to forget how great he actually was. He was consistently a great player during most of Durant's time with him starting in 2011.

    In addition, Russ played as well as or better than Durant in both the 2014 series and 2016 series...both years the Thunder had real chances to win. You list other number 2 guys...some of the best ever mind you, and only a small number of them could ever equal or outplay guys like Jordan / Bird / Shaq / Lebron overall in a series.

    You just don't get to complain much about your robin if he's a deservedly first or second team all-nba player that is putting up series like...

    27/6/7 in the 12 series against the Heat

    27/6/7 in the 14 series against the Spurs.

    27/7/11 in the 16 series against the Warriors.

    Yes, his efficiency at times wasn't perfect, but he was a force on the court and one could easily make the argument he played as well as Durant in both the 14 and 16 series.

    There are a lot of guys in history that would have given a lot to play with a player capable of that during their primes.

    End of the day...Durant couldn't get it done as the leader of a franchise...left to join a team for easy titles...then left and went back to not getting it done again.

    Is what it is...maybe he goes to another team and wins...but it obviously isn't a good look when he clearly can't handle the pressure of being the leader for a franchise and carrying that burden...even though he had legit championship level help most of his prime on the Thunder.

  12. #207
    Goatbrook SouBeachTalents's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    24,470

    Default Re: There has never been a more mind****ed ATG player than Kevin Durant

    Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41 View Post
    Russ has his ups and downs...no doubt...but I think people tend to forget how great he actually was. He was consistently a great player during most of Durant's time with him starting in 2011.

    In addition, Russ played as well as or better than Durant in both the 2014 series and 2016 series...both years the Thunder had real chances to win. You list other number 2 guys...some of the best ever mind you, and only a small number of them could ever equal or outplay guys like Jordan / Bird / Shaq / Lebron overall in a series.

    You just don't get to complain much about your robin if he's a deservedly first or second team all-nba player that is putting up series like...

    27/6/7 in the 12 series against the Heat

    27/6/7 in the 14 series against the Spurs.

    27/7/11 in the 16 series against the Warriors.

    Yes, his efficiency at times wasn't perfect, but he was a force on the court and one could easily make the argument he played as well as Durant in both the 14 and 16 series.

    There are a lot of guys in history that would have given a lot to play with a player capable of that during their primes.

    End of the day...Durant couldn't get it done as the leader of a franchise...left to join a team for easy titles...then left and went back to not getting it done again.

    Is what it is...maybe he goes to another team and wins...but it obviously isn't a good look when he clearly can't handle the pressure of being the leader for a franchise and carrying that burden...even though he had legit championship level help most of his prime on the Thunder.
    Would you say he’s had the most help for someone who never won as the teams best player/leader?

  13. #208
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    32,653

    Default Re: There has never been a more mind****ed ATG player than Kevin Durant

    Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    Would you say he’s had the most help for someone who never won as the teams best player/leader?
    Probably not, but I don't know NBA history pre 1980 all that well...so I can't really say much about Elgin Baylor.

    I think I would take Malone's help over KD's, for example.

  14. #209
    Good college starter paksat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    3,218

    Default Re: There has never been a more mind****ed ATG player than Kevin Durant

    we're talking about a 7 footer with zero post game

  15. #210
    3-time NBA All-Star
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    10,823

    Default Re: There has never been a more mind****ed ATG player than Kevin Durant

    Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41 View Post
    Russ has his ups and downs...no doubt...but I think people tend to forget how great he actually was. He was consistently a great player during most of Durant's time with him starting in 2011.

    In addition, Russ played as well as or better than Durant in both the 2014 series and 2016 series...both years the Thunder had real chances to win. You list other number 2 guys...some of the best ever mind you, and only a small number of them could ever equal or outplay guys like Jordan / Bird / Shaq / Lebron overall in a series.

    You just don't get to complain much about your robin if he's a deservedly first or second team all-nba player that is putting up series like...

    27/6/7 in the 12 series against the Heat

    27/6/7 in the 14 series against the Spurs.

    27/7/11 in the 16 series against the Warriors.

    Yes, his efficiency at times wasn't perfect, but he was a force on the court and one could easily make the argument he played as well as Durant in both the 14 and 16 series.

    There are a lot of guys in history that would have given a lot to play with a player capable of that during their primes.

    End of the day...Durant couldn't get it done as the leader of a franchise...left to join a team for easy titles...then left and went back to not getting it done again.

    Is what it is...maybe he goes to another team and wins...but it obviously isn't a good look when he clearly can't handle the pressure of being the leader for a franchise and carrying that burden...even though he had legit championship level help most of his prime on the Thunder.
    You're highlighting these Westbrook performances when like I said, its not really the point. I never said the guy was trash and didn't have great performances. But his boneheaded decision-making and erratic style of play would always be their downfall if not for something else. He's a very unique "great" player in that regard in that it made him a net negative in situations more often then other great players. You can't get through 4 playoff series that way and win championships with dumb basketball. It lowered their ceiling much more then their talent would indicate.

    We can agree to disagree on Westbrook. Like I said, I just don't think we need to resort to resumes when comparing players when careers basically overlap. Before Steph's MVP season, Durant was clearly on another level, arguably multiple levels above. I'll give Steph 2015 and 2016, but when they played together, maybe you always felt the way you mentioned, but the vast majority of people watched those playoff runs coming away with Durant clearly being the better player - its become revisionist history by some that Steph was always considered their best player. I'd give Steph this year as well.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •