Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-02-2013, 12:50 AM   #1
Scholar
Gawdbe GOATsol Nashty

Default What would be your decision for these scenarios?

Now before anybody says, "Get a life," I have one. I'm just bored at work and thought this would be a cool thread to start. Why not? If you don't like it or just want to post "didn't read," good for you. Hopefully there will be enough who do enjoy it, so I won't have wasted time making it.

(Im)Moral Decisions

Scenario #1
You've won tickets for two for a one week vacation to any major city in the USA. On the last day, your companion decides to sleep in at the hotel, so you decide to go sight seeing solo. While roaming about town, you enter an empty alley and stumble across the body of a man. From the looks of it, it's an apparent suicide. More likely than not, he jumped off the top of a building & died.
There's a slightly open briefcase near his body. A note is taped on it that reads: "I can't live in this corrupt world any longer. In this briefcase lay $1 million cash. Please donate it to charity."
Curiosity gets the best of you and you open the briefcase to discover it's loaded with cash.

What do you do?

A) Fulfill the dead man's wish
B) Take the money for yourself
C) Call the police without tampering with the briefcase any further & simply allowing them to decide what to do with it

Scenario #2
You've recently become friends with an extremely attractive female. She is the most gorgeous woman you've ever seen (looks exactly like whoever is your current dream girl). From the getgo, you know you're friend-zoned. She's not attracted to you in the slightest, but she does trust you very much. Over time, you come to appreciate the friendship you two share. It's almost like she's just another one of your boys, albeit "one of the boys" who just happens to be a very sexy girl. One day, she has a terrible day-- her b/f cheated on her, a relative died, and she was laid off from her job-- and invites you over to talk. While talking, she's drinking heavily. After a good few minutes she becomes visibly drunk.
As the night progresses a bit, the conversation changes from her woes to how she knows you're attracted to her. You admit you are attracted to her and that's when the conversation becomes a bit sexual. She admits she just thinks of you as a friend but she also isn't sure of herself. Before you can say anything, she leans in and kisses you for a long time. Just as you think this might move on to actual sex, she passes out. You know she isn't attracted to you and that whatever she did just now was all due to being drunk and emotionally vulnerable. You're horny, though.

What do you do?

A) Go ahead and f*ck her. Why not? She led you on. You didn't ask for it
B) Let her sleep without f*cking her. She trusts you with her life. You don't want to ruin the friendship, and besides it'd be rape since technically she didn't consent, even while drunk

Scenario #3
Your closest relative has been acting strangely recently since losing his job. Every morning, he washes the clothes he wore the night before; he sleeps throughout the day, and when he wakes up later on, he leaves his home all night and doesn't return until the next day. You question the behavior, but he confidently reassures you he isn't up to anything, but he also doesn't tell you what he is really doing.
One morning, he is so exhausted that he passes out on his couch without washing his clothes. You decide to watch tv. The news is on, but right before you change the channel, the news anchor reveals a breaking story about a woman who had been attacked in the wee hours of the morning by a (enter the ethnicity/race of your relative here) who wore a dark blue shirt (possibly navy) with dark pants and black work boots. Apparently, police believe this suspect is also responsible for a string of rapes + murders over the course of the past 2-3 weeks. The unknown attacker is suspected of carrying a sharp blade on him, possibly a small kitchen knife.
You notice your relative is wearing a navy colored shirt with dark grey pants and black work boots. He also has a few cuts and scratches on his arms as well as what looks like a small cut across his face.
The news network then post a sketched drawing of the suspect. It holds very little resemblance to your relative. Hmm.. Maybe he isn't the attacker.
You wake your relative up and question him about the cuts/scratches. He claims he got them from playing football with friends you've never heard of in a field you haven't seen in town with sharp blades of grass.
You then notice he has small drops what looks to be blood on his clothes. He is very nervous and runs upstairs to wash his clothes. You see he left an item on the couch that must've fallen out of his pocket. It's a small, bloodied knife.

What do you do?

A) Call the police immediately. The sketch on the news may have been different from your relative's appearance, but it was drawn through the details of a hospitalized woman.
B) Pretend you didn't find the knife. Sure, your relative has all the aforementioned features of the suspect, but he isn't a murderer/rapist. You've known him forever. He's probably doing other shady things that he's too ashamed to tell you. You can't ruin his life and his trust/relationship with you over suspicions
C) Confront him about the knife and the news story. If he comes clean, you'll call the cops.
D) Confront him about the knife and the news story. If he comes clean, you'll talk to him about it and let him decide his own fate. Maybe he wants to be arrested, or maybe he'll ask you to turn a blind eye. Either way, you're choosing to move forward with his best interests at heart.
Scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 01:02 AM   #2
Jameerthefear
Paid shill

Default Re: What would be your decision for these scenarios?

A - I would feel way too guilty and paranoid if I didn't do what he asked.
B - Rape is wrong man. No matter what. I would never take advantage of a girl like that no matter how horny I was
C - Even if he were close to me his victims might have been even closer to their families. I'd get him to confess and turn him in. That's the best way to do it for me I think.
Jameerthefear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 01:03 AM   #3
CeltsGarlic
Uday Hussein

Oh man, why you ruined second scenario... shoe.. I would not fvck her like that.

On first one I would call cops in real life. I mean. I couldnt live other way.

Last one is D.

Safe ones.
CeltsGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 01:28 AM   #4
Segatti
Local High School Star

#1: C
#2: B (Anyone here would rape her? Seriously?
#3: A or C
Segatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 03:57 AM   #5
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

1. I would use the newfound fortune to invest a charitable business that helps people and also get rich myself. If it fails oh well I tried to do something positive with the money.

2. I would never waste my time being friend zoned by a girl. Done it once and never again. The hotter they are the more sexually frustrating it would be anyway.

3. I'd choose D. I would never turn in someone I am really close to matter what... those are my people and I'm sorry but my people are more important than anyone else. That being said, I would be completely shocked and urge him to stop the insane rampage.
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 04:14 AM   #6
HarryCallahan
Banned

1. B) Take the money. Charity would get a couple hunna k though.

2. B) No, I wouldn't rape someone...

3. C)/D) Depends on how many he killed, and if I thought he might do it again. If its was more than two people or if I thought he might do it again, then C.
HarryCallahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 04:36 AM   #7
iamgine

1. Take the cash and note. Call police anonymously.

2. Just sniff her panties and touch her boobs.

3. Take a blood sample from the knife and go to the police. If the blood match, then I'll report him.
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 05:57 AM   #8
MMM
877-954-1893

1. Most people would be too freaked out by the dead body to realize the briefcase. So in a real life situation i would probably just call the policed due to being freaked out. However, if I did notice the money I would probably take it.

2. B but the amount of drunk girls i see get taken advantage of every weekend it surprises me that nobody has mentioned A

3. I wouldn't turn in my relative, probably get the fams to send him back home so he is under constant watch.
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 07:44 AM   #9
KobesFinger
Laker Gang #COYG

B, B, A

In the first one I'd invest the money and then if I make a million I'd give that to charity
In the second one I'd leave her in peace
In the third one I'd report him. I don't consider it switching or disloyal to report a serial rapist just because he's family. If he's innocent they'll let him go
KobesFinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 08:19 AM   #10
TheReturn
Local High School Star

I'll take the money, leave the girl alone and call the police.
TheReturn is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: