Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 11-03-2007, 11:15 AM   #16
TarHeelBorn
Local High School Star

Default Re: Official Gamecast: Bucks @ Bobcats, 11/2, 7:00 PM EST, Charlotte Bobcats Arena

I'm really glad to see that Felton took over the game. It's incredibly important for the PG to control the game on a team with the talent that we have (JRich, Crash, Mek). This trend should continue all season.

We are gonna need more minutes out of the bench though. We won't last long with our Big Four (we have four, others just have three) averaging 39 minutes a game a piece.
TarHeelBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 12:17 PM   #17
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!

Default Re: Official Gamecast: Bucks @ Bobcats, 11/2, 7:00 PM EST, Charlotte Bobcats Arena

Good stuff from those in attendence...man I wish I could have been there!

Did catch it on the tube and don't really have much to add, but I will throw in a couple points:

Felts...best all around game I think I've seen of him in the pros. Great vision, control...and great man D on Williams. This was the most exciting thing to me; in the past we'd try to switch off on screens, usually ending up with Primoz trailing the guard to the rim for a layup. Not last night...Felts fought thru the screens and the other guys stayed home.

Little more agression from Mek. Still not a max contract performance, but definitely much better than the norm. It was dowright worrisome when he sat though...but the backups actually held their own.

JRich...the 2 quick fouls messed him up a little, but once he got pissed on the noncall he came in and did what we pay him for...making shots late in the game. He also has the honor of "NBA's Steal of the Night"...chk on NBA.com, look to the upper right.

Crash! I wish he'd drove more, esp. in the 2nd half...but there's no doubt he was what kept us ahead early...guy went 6 of 6 in the 1st quarter.

Touche'...I am NOT a fan, but there's no denying he played some good man D on Redd. This wasn't Bernie's two PG lineup; Touche' just crossed the court and pretty much threw it straight to Felts to set the offense up. I'd still prefer less PT for him...but I can't really complain about last night.

FTs...enoughs been touched on that...nasty.

A darn fine game to watch, and I enjoyed every minute of it. First in the Southeast!!!!!
~spectre~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 12:33 PM   #18
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Wow, thanks for the well-wishes and stuff. Must say that a Cats win to open the season is very good. I got NBA 2k8 so at least my Cats team will make the playoffs for sure.

So did anyone who went to the game get to meet each other?
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 06:34 PM   #19
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Question Re: Official Gamecast: Bucks @ Bobcats, 11/2, 7:00 PM EST, Charlotte Bobcats Arena

Who's doing the official game cast for tonights' game scheduled to begin in 22 minutes?
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 11:56 PM   #20
BobCatsFanInTx
Saw a basketball once

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
Thoughts on last nights game:
Positives:
Felton was awsome, draining threes, using the penetrating dribble to get the ball to crash or jrich, and controlling the offense even when Vincent went with the 2 pg format.

Jrich was a little hesitent in the first half, but showed some great moves in the 2nd. Hopefully shades of things to come.

We crashed the boards on both ends all night. Is this the same Bobcats team I've been watching these past few years?

Our bench wasn't stellar, but were able to give the starters rest at crucial times.

Five blocked shots from mek. What more can you say?

Crash was Crash. He seemed to mesh well with jrich in the 2nd half.

We didn't give the game away in the 3rd quarter.

Negatives:
We couldn't shoot a free throw to save our butts. We left something like 21 points on the floor.

Attendance was disappointing, although the crowd was enthusiastic.

Adam Morrison looked absolutely pathetic limping around on the sidelines.

Overall a solid performance from our cats. I hope this is a good omen for the season.
Did George Shin upset the state and city so bad that North Carolinians may never support a team in Charlotte again? When I see this kind of reaction to this team I have to wonder if George was right in leaving the state and city. Why was it not until the Hornets "who were and are among my favorite teams," left Charlotte that a new basketball arena was built? I never did understand why y'all divorced the Hornets after being such great fans and avid followers of the home team. On the outside looking in it seemed to me that North Carolinians dropped the ball.

Many support Seattle and Washington in their fight with the owner of the Sonics but in my opinion Seattle needs to pony up some dough to keep the Sonics a big part of their economy and states entertainment. Unlike the Hornets who were not a big part of North Carolina for a lot of years the Sonics had avid followers for many many years. I guess that is why it puzzles me that the city and state leaders won't agree to help build a new antiquated top tier stadium.

I may be off base but it seems like a mistake may have been made in adding a new franchise to Charlotte NC. I will reserve judgment on that until at least after November. Please help me understand why North Carolinians divorced the Hornets and why it seems the people have lacked the kind of support one would expect for a young team making improvements every year and who made an intelligent move to pick up J-Rich this year?

This team seems dedicated to winning and doing it the right way. The fact that they started this team with youth and have added some solid players with experience to build unity and chemistry really impresses me.

I never have lived in North Carolina in this lifetime but when the NBA expanded for the first time in my young life back in 88 I was drawn to the Hornets and the excitement of something new. I liked the Magic as well but my main team was the Hornets. I remember the few games I got to watch living here in Tx and thinking how awesome the fans and atmosphere was in Charlotte. Then almost like it was over night the team was being divorced. I never really understood anything other than George Shin wanting a new arena and a disagreement on doing so. With that, I was shocked when after the Hornets left, the city built a new arena and was offered a expansion team. Once again I got behind a new team with the excitement of watching the organization grow.

I like the character of this team and seeing that even when they lose, they usually lay it all on the line and fight hard. Bernie Bickerstaff may not have made the best basketball decisions but he had his players respect and he built a nice foundation in a team who most times came to work and gave their best effort. I hope the people of North Carolina will support this team cause it is a team with a dedicated owner and players who deserve support.
BobCatsFanInTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 11:21 PM   #21
liverpooty
Local High School Star

Charlotte will be top 10 in attendance this year. Tomorrow nights game should be a sellout, and the crowd should be rocking against Phoenix.
liverpooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 12:33 PM   #22
Felton in '08
I don't get picked last at the park anymore

i hope you're right. they have gotten some good run thanks to their start and the panthers laying another egg. however, its a tuesday night, so i have my doubts.

wish i was going. i can't wait!!
Felton in '08 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: