Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Indiana Pacers Forum

Indiana Pacers Forum Indiana Pacers message board - pacers fan forum

Old 05-18-2009, 04:32 PM   #1
HylianNightmare
The Magic are a trash

Default Roy Hibbert

what does everyone think of him?a good sized big with good inside presence shot blocking.
he will never be a star
(70 games, 42 starts, 14.4 minutes, 7.1 points, 3.5 rebounds, 1.09 blocks, .471 FG)
but he is a good big that can be kept to grow.
with jeff foster
(74 games, 26 starts, 24.7 minutes, 6.1 points, 6.9 rebounds, .501 FG)
coming off the bench behind him. maybe we can trade Rasho Nesterovic for something now that Hibbert is start to develop. If he can keep his fouls down as he learns the defensive foot work more i think he can be good starter for years to come and anchor down the middle for the Pacers

Last edited by HylianNightmare : 05-18-2009 at 04:41 PM.
HylianNightmare is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 06:47 PM   #2
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

Default Re: Roy Hibbert

Rasho's a FA, he's gone.

I like Roy a lot, once he learns to quit fouling he'll be very solid. Most of his fouls are just dumb things, leaning forward instead of straight up on defense sort of stuff. Stuff that's easily correctable. I could see him putting up some 12/8/2 type years. He'll be the fulltime starter, maybe as soon as next year, but I don't ever see him topping 30mpg or so.

He seems like a quick leaner (compared to your average big), very coachable. That sweeping hook he developed is a lot of fun to watch, and he added in a little fake to the inside turnaround, just needs to get the footwork down, still a pretty awkward athlete.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 10:31 PM   #3
Big_Dogg
Dunktacular

My friend is a Pacers fan and I keep up with all things pacers so we can discuss our teams.

I think Hibbert is a good fit for your roster and system, he needed to work on his strength and footwork this off season, if he can do that he will be a good starting C for you guys, he has the good size and IQ, he is just lacking some polishing as far as rebounding and defensive positioning is concerned, this will cut down on his fouling and keep him in games longer to be more productive..

He is good on the offensive low post for a guy of his age, and with more strength he will be a good option on the low post in your offence, I think he is the right fit for your system and if he keeps working he will prove to be a good strating C for you guys for years to come.
Big_Dogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 01:39 AM   #4
mateo31
Go ahead, make my day.

I am a big fan of big Roy Hibbert. He has got a crafty touch around the basket, can block shots on defense, and is an excellent passer from the high post. I have heard great things about his work ethic and with some more hard work in the offseason he can become an even better player.
mateo31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 02:04 AM   #5
haggard
Learning to shoot layups

Roy looks like he will be solid in the NBA. he has a smooth touch inside and is a big body.

He appears to have a good work ethic when it comes to conditioning when you see is body from college to the NBA. He has to bulk up a little and work on positioning to cut down on fouls (most bigs need to learn this).

Other than that he is generally a smart player and will fit the team very well.
haggard is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: