Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-04-2011, 06:45 PM   #16
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Al Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Nas is the best rapper ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-unit
Love his raps, sometimes love his beats. Just can't make consistent music; songs sound like a guy rapping over a beat-True artists make it sound more special than just that.

he was capable of it on his first two albums, but post it was written yeah i agree completely.
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 06:45 PM   #17
MakeHistory78
I hit open 5-footers

MakeHistory78 has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBeasley08
This n*ggah is the best to ever spit in a mike imo

First off, remember Illmatic! Greatest rap album ever
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKjj4hk0pV4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qjd7E...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXBFG...eature=related

he cooled down for a bit but still managed to put out some nice tracks
Biggie and Pac were good but didn't have the same combination of flow and lyrics that God's son has

Jay-Z is the king of NY gtfo.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inyoiKjVe0I
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gYPi...eature=related

Still puts out good songs for us to hear.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2K5rNGO0h8

Some dumbs*** was tellin me Eminem is better than Nas

Nas da bess
Well it's debatable.
Illmatic is one of the best albums ever.Rakim's(Eric.B's)Paid in Full is also a candidate.Biggie's Live after Death also.Eminem's MMLP,LL Cool J's Mama said knock you out..A lot of albums are Best ever candidates...
In my book Eminem is the greatest ever and Nas is in my Top-10

My Top-10

1.Eminem
2.Rakim
3.Tupac
4.Biggie
5.Nas
6.Jay-Z
7.Big Daddy Kane
8.Kool G Rap
9.LL Cool J
10.KRS-One

As about the King of New York again it's debatable.Rakim was the first who had that title,then Big Daddy Kane,then Biggie,Nas,Jay-Z...
But Jay-Z love him or hate has that title for many years and the most success.

As about Eminem you kidding yourself if you think that Eminem isn't in the same class with Nas,If you ask 1.000.000 people 900.000 will tell you that Eminem>Nas.Do you remember Vibes voting last year?Nas wasn't even in the Semifinals.Eminem was the winner of Vibes best rapper ever contest.Eminem was up against 2pac in the finals, and won with 67% after 1.000.000 people votes
Semis
Eminem 75%
Jay-Z 25%

2Pac 63%
Biggie 37%

Finals

Eminem 67%
2pac 33%

Eminem has the most fans than any other rapper in History.Call them Stans or whatever you want but the reality is that Eminem has by far the most fans worldwide.
Nas is Great and I don't have a problem if you consider him the GOAT but don't dispute Eminem because Legends like Rakim and Nas respect him a lot.

"Em is nasty man, I tell people to this day...if Em was black...hed be the next Muhammad Ali. - Rakim

"I think that's one of the most exciting things hip hop can look forward to. He contributes so much lyrically and musically, he's amazing,"-Nas on Eminem's album release

Eminem with Rakim

Eminem with Nas

MakeHistory78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 05:28 PM   #18
MakeHistory78
I hit open 5-footers

MakeHistory78 has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
This sums it up for me. A descriptive analysis and a hesitation to show off a clean rank and file list.

Nas' image is in the conversation for GOAT. Same as Pac and Big and Rakim and Jay and occasionally Eminem and BDK and a few others, pioneers or otherwise. People feel comfortable giving Nas that label, and it's not completely misplaced, because he's a really talented dude. As mentioned, he The problem is that too often, real discussion of the question is overwhelmed by waves of endlessly perpetuating popular opinions, with the same old routine back-up argument (Pac had real emotion, Big's flow was untouchable, Rakim blazed the trails, etc, etc, etc) and no more analysis. Recent history has left the names of these particular guys in everybody's head; because of their success in moving merchandise; because of their marketability; because of word of mouth; and coupled of course with their undeniable skillset and quality products. And in addition, all of these factors contribute to the funding for more of the same quality product, which again in arguments of longevity only go to further those same claims for 'GOAT' status.

So yeah, I don't think too highly of these conversations. Mostly it's just the same names being tossed around for the same reasons with nothing comparative to back anything up. It's self-serving reiteration that eventually reproduces the same talk backed by even stauncher and deeply entrenched 'authority' - authority mostly derived from the preceding iteration. Again, perpetual. Strict ranking of the arts generally serves as little more than a window into the preferred qualities of the ranker. Not that information like that isn't interesting in itself, but without personal explanation, it does little to settle any of these debates.

All that said without any desire to stop these conversations, yeah, Nas is a worthwhile candidate for the title.
Good post..
BTW Eminem and 2pac have the most preferences as the GOAT..Because they have the most fans than any other rapper..
Eminem especially is untouchable as about the fans.In US it's debatable but worldwide Eminem has by far the most fans than any other rapper in history...Eminem's prime 1999-2003 is imo the best ever.

The thing with Nas is that he hasn't so many haters like Jay-Z.But also he hasn't so many million fans like Eminem,2pac and Jigga....
MakeHistory78 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: