Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-07-2013, 08:39 PM   #16
Jello
Hume>Kunt.

Jello is starting to rub some people the wrong wayJello is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: are chiropractors real, effective doctors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNYC
How many folks here who are dissing chiropractors have have chronic back pain? How many have had traditional doctors fix it?

And yes, chronic conditions usually call for something more than chiropractic, if your muscles are out of alignment, you problem is probably going to return, so it should be used in conjunction with physical therapy or pilates to alleviate the long term issues. However, chiropractor was definitely the first step. I would need to stop the pain before moving on to long term care.

When my pelvis used to slip out of position. my sacrum area would lock up like a mother****er and all the muscles in my lower back would tighten (since they were now supporting more weight than the should since the bones were out of place.) This would kind of creep up on me slowly, it wouldn't be painful at first, I would just be moving slower and little stiff and later after a while if it got worse I would get severe pain. I would be walking bent over like a senior citizen. The only thing that would help would be my chiropractor. He had special table that could support the whole body, but "drop" the support in certain sections. He would push down on the area at the same time he dropped the support. It would pop everything back into place and it worked. In fact it helped me recognize the symptoms if it started happening again, I could head it off before I got to that bent over stage and schedule and go to my chiropractor.

I don't have that issue with my pelvis anymore and the long term fix was fixing my walking stance and my posture and lot of core work. I do computer work where you sitting most of your day. I use one of these at home, the no back support means you have to strengthen your core to sit upright.

Luckily the guy I went to was good and knows his stuff, but there's no doubt in my mind that my chiropractor vastly improved my health and quality of life.
Anecdotal evidence means shit especially your own.
Jello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:15 PM   #17
VishaltotheG
College star

VishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts
Default Re: are chiropractors real, effective doctors?

Only MDs, DOs, and DPMs are actual doctors who practice MEDICINE. Chiropractors are a joke.
VishaltotheG is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: