Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 07-12-2006, 10:00 AM   #46
Thorpesaurous
NBA lottery pick

Four pages of posts from relatively knowledgable basketball people, including an opening post with 19 trades, and still the Knicks aren't fixed. How does Dolan really expect Isiah to fix them?
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 10:02 AM   #47
Semiprocappa
I hit open layups

And to think this mess all started when Dolan decided to trade away Ewing.
Semiprocappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 07:55 PM   #48
TheReturnofCed
The Real Ced

IN the opening thread I said these trades were Isiah-esque. I never said the Knicks would get the better of the trades, but this is one of those makeovers where you get players who can mesh together. This lineup I have created is a much better team just by the fact the defense improves heaps and the team knows who the best player on the team is.

Good teams are not built around a bunch of "great" players, it takes a team that can buy into a concept, and I think this roster can do just that.

One thing I don't understand is the undying love for Nate Robinson. This guy will never amount to anything in the NBA. Previous midgets in the NBA have had useable skills from the point guard position.
-Mugsey Bogues: Could run a team well, was a good defender, excellent passer.
-Michael Adams: See Mugsey. Adams Could also shoot.
-Spud Webb: Underrated passer and defender.

Nate Robinson is a show boating, turnover machine, ballhogging piece of crap. Mikki Moore is his current trade value.

Channing Frye is never going to be a great player, I don't even think he's on Horace Grant's level, because he can't play D, he does have Horace's offensive game though.

I really think there is a lot of overrating of Knicks players going on in this thread, and I'd like to point out that all of the Knick players have extremely low value right now other than Jalen Rose and Maurice Taylor. All the players are viewed as potential chemistry killers/ lazy bums. If they can't work for Larry Brown, who can they work for? That will be the common feeling around the league. Half of the team has mouthed off about the coach once he left, great maturity.
TheReturnofCed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 08:00 PM   #49
Sline96
Can barely lace up my sneakers

isiah thomas is not going to be able to fix the knicks. no way i dont see it happening.
Sline96 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: