Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 07-16-2006, 08:48 PM   #31
WADE MONEY
I hit open jumpers.

WADE MONEY has an OK reputation so far

Alot of people think Michael Jordan is the greatest basketball player of all time. I think it can be debateable. For those that think he is the GOAT, though, why do you think he is better than these following players:

1. Larry Bird

jordan produced more offensively and was light years ahead on defense

2. Magic Johnson

light years ahead on defense

3. Wilt Chamberlin

jordan has more championships, and played against players who were actually physically capable of stopping him

4. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

dunno. I guess jordan has more championships as the undisputed best player on his team

5. Bill Russsell

jordan is light years ahead on offense and arguably as effective a defender
Loki, I don't mind if you go into a long dissertation saying why you think he is better than those players. Actually, I hope you do! I always love reading your stuff!
WADE MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 09:18 PM   #32
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

It will be interesting as the generations go by. Because really it's hard to see players that played before what? like 1970?

However, in the year 2050 or 2075 (assuming civilization is still around), you will STILL be able to see Michael Jordan as if he were still alive and kicking. And all the footage, games, highlights, interviews, specials, will actually show the people alive in 2075 why he was great, even though everyone who saw him play will be gone....

But Wilt or Russell...we just can't recreate the games they played and we can't see em....thus, out of sight, out of mind and that's why its easier to say Jordan is greatest....
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: