Steve Nash expected Dwight Howard to leave LakersPosted by Inside Hoops
Even going into their meeting with Dwight Howard to convince him to re-sign, Lakers point guard Steve Nash thought Howard re-signing was unlikely.
“Frankly, I thought before the meeting that we really didn’t have a chance,” said Nash on the “Mason & Ireland Show” on ESPN L.A. (710) on Tuesday. “I’d like to think that after the meeting, we had a chance, but ultimately, I think Dwight wasn’t comfortable here and didn’t want to be here.”
Nash was part of the Lakers’ contingent last week that tried to sway Howard to stay. Instead, the All-Star center chose to join the Houston Rockets as a free agent.
“If he doesn’t want to be here, there’s no point for anyone in him being here, so we wish him the best and move on,” Nash said. “I heard he said to the media that he ever quite felt embraced in L.A. He never quite felt maybe supported, and that’s basically it. In some ways you can read into that what you will.”
Reported by Eric Pincus of the Los Angeles Times