At about 3:57 a.m. ET late Monday night (technically early Tuesday morning) I was online, had my twitter account (@InsideHoops) open, and saw New York Knicks center Eddy Curry, via his Twitter account, announce that he was broadcasting live on webcam.

So I clicked, reaching “The Eddy Curry Show” on UStream, expecting to see the usual from pro athletes online: mundane, politically correct greetings to fans and not much else.

Instead, Curry was sitting in the front passenger seat of a car, next to a driver and two other guys in the back seat, one of whom was Denver Nuggets shooting guard J.R. Smith (sitting behind the driver). They’re pulled over and being questioned by a police officer.

The cop then left their car area. I assume he went back to a police car, perhaps to call in looking for information about the driver, car, etc. For the next 10 or 12 minutes I sat watching in amusement as the four guys sat cracking jokes waiting for the police officer to return. It was like watching a sports celebrity episode of the TV show “Cops.”

The webcam, presumably a laptop, was on the dashboard, pointing at the faces of the four young guys.

I’m not positive but I believe the officer said something about a suspended licence. Then, I thought I heard them say that they got pulled over for speeding, though I’m not positive.

One of the men then joked that he’ll pay $1,000 to whomever gets out, runs over and touches the police car. Of course, no one did it.

And then, their webcam shut off.

Eddy Curry, J.R. Smith in car questioned by police while live on Internet webcam

A bit later, around 4:35 a.m. ET, after being away from my computer for about 15 minutes, I went back to their stream, and the webcam was back on, with the buddies driving along and the earlier police issue apparently resolved in some way. But now, Curry is drivin, with Smith in the front passenger seat.

I’m glad they kept the webcam going! It was amusing stuff.

At around 5:15 a.m. ET, Smith on Twitter said that they had come to New York for Father’s Day and meant to leave yesterday but didn’t end up leaving until midnight.

Earlier, he had typed that they were headed to Detroit.

And now, at 5:35 a.m. ET, I’m going to sleep.