Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Clippers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   We know Brand's and All-Star but... (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10007)

PFunk 09-02-2006 01:32 PM

We know Brand's and All-Star but...

who's gonna join him this year? My bet is on Chris Kaman. I don't know if Cassell will make the team. No offense to him or his game, but the clips def need to get even more time for Shaun Livingston. Corey Maggette could be an all-star if he started, but with all the scorers around him, I don't see him putting up the numbers to make it. Livingston will join him one day, but I would say give him another year or two...

clipps 09-02-2006 09:20 PM

If the Clippers win over 55 games, Brand and Kaman should be in the all-star game guaranteed.

If Maggette scores around 18-20 points per game as a starter and is exciting to watch(Livingston will be a big help to that... a healthy Livingston/Maggette combo is lethal), Maggette might be in it.

Kaman will average a double double.

I don't see any center in the west other than Yao better than Kaman. I'm counting Amare and Duncan as PFs.

That would be cool having 2(maybe 3) Clippers in the all-star game. When was the last time the Clippers/Braves had more than 1 player in the all-star game.

qrich 09-02-2006 10:54 PM

I say Kaman has the second best chance with the lack of C's in the West. Camby, Miller, Yao, Memo and Kaman are the only good C's I can name for this coming season. Yao should get the fans votes easily, and for Kaman, I'm pretty confident if he can improve to 13|11 with 1.75 Blocks+, he should get the coach's vote at C.

II Peter 09-02-2006 11:30 PM

Most likely other player is Maggette, but I don't expect any other player will make the All-star team. Its not necessary. I just hope we can go further in the playoffs this year

dab0yech0 09-03-2006 03:10 AM

Other than Brand, only Kaman has a chance. If Carmelo missed the all star game, what makes you guys think Maggette will make it? Unless a plague of injuries hit the NBA swingmen, Corey's chances are very very slim. A couple guys who id rank ahead of Maggette that didnt make it are J-Rich, and Carmelo. Theyd both deserve considerations before Corey does. If Livingston has a breakout year and put up 12 pts and at least 8 apg, he might have a very small chance as well.

wally_world 09-03-2006 05:59 AM

Kaman... erm... welllll... not quite yet...

insidehoops 09-04-2006 12:18 AM

Kaman could do it, but Yao's in the west, Brad Miller, Marcus Camby, now Jamaal Magloire is on the blazers, and Amare might be called a center

So it'll be tough for chris

wally_world 09-06-2006 02:47 AM

Brad Miller and Camby is definetly better... but there hasn't been many second back-up centers in all-star games lately right???

Rabs_One 09-06-2006 12:37 PM

pfft, cassell has no offence?u lost case, lets have a look at the yar b4 he showed up to the clippers to last year

vandam 09-09-2006 08:07 PM

kaman

i think it will be kaman, i know he will average 10 rebounds easily and he will be much mor econfident this year,if he gets that jumpshot he micht be a bigger player than manny think.

lakerfreak 09-10-2006 02:45 AM

kaman is like a top 8 center in this league.

He will get better too.

maybe lakers can get him :D jk