Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Dallas Mavericks Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Name the Mavs team needs (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1161)

insidehoops 06-11-2006 07:16 PM

Name the Mavs team needs

Name your team's TEAM NEEDS, in order of importance.

What positions need to be filled the most?
What specific skills should the players at that position have to best compliment the players already there?

Post the top few most important needs the team has to fill this summer, via the draft/free agency/trades/etc.

dirkdiggler41 06-11-2006 10:39 PM

I only feel we need a back-up PF that does not make mistakes. He does not need to put up a lot of points as long as he shoots a high % and grab rebounds

Pandaemonaeon 06-12-2006 04:51 AM

Inside scoring is the one thing we really need and maybe some shooters to spread the floor.

Silent Mav 06-13-2006 11:26 AM

A sg that can hit the outside shot. If you are going to resign Jet and use him in that role with Devin starting, then a backup pg. Also a backup pf with their 1st round draft pick. I really wouldn't mind seeing them try to get Mo Pete. He would fit in very nicely at sg offensively and defensively.

Locked_Up_Tonight 06-13-2006 11:52 AM

Exactly Silent.

It depends on how Avery uses Terry and Devin. Dallas definitely needs a good shooter in the swingman position. It doesn't necessarily have to be a shooting guard, because Josh casn slide to shooting guard if they choose a small forward. But he has to be able to stretch the defense with his shooting. Think of a multi-faceted shooter/slasher like Manu. Someone that can play sg/sf and still hit the 3 with regularity.

Another need is backup power forward. The center position is pretty much set, so they don't necessarily need a banger at the 4. They could go with a sweet shooting big man that can hit the 20 footer. In case of foul trouble, he could play some with Dirk.

yeahwhathesaid 06-17-2006 05:50 PM

get rid of stack and van horn.

adamcz 06-19-2006 01:01 PM

If they spend the money to resign Terry, they don't need an additional backup guard. Terry's contract will justify him playing 25+ minutes at both guard positions.

unknownsidhu 06-21-2006 10:13 PM

Stackhouse is just fine. They could use him as an inside scorer. Van Horn is also pretty good, although his game has stepped down somewhat. I think they may choose to draft another inside scorer, or a better back-up PF.

wally_world 06-22-2006 12:56 AM

hello... did anybody forget a good center???!!! Eric Diaper or Diop isn't a really fantastic Center... get someone who can really defend Shaq... Ben Wallace???!!!
Wallce defence + Mavs offence = Championship!

but thats probably not gonna happen... Pistons loves Ben... what you think???

LiL Stevie 06-22-2006 04:59 PM

Dampier and Diop + the double team did good enough to limit Shaq. Stopping Shaq wasn't the problem in losing the NBA Finals, it was stopping Wade.

Hawker 06-29-2006 12:00 AM

Damp and diop were the best players on the mavs in the finals

MFFL 07-04-2006 12:03 PM

Dirk needs to lift weights and get that muscle up!!

MFFL 07-04-2006 12:07 PM

And please get rid of Keith Van Horn, I'm having Shawn Bradley flashbacks!

insidehoops 07-04-2006 03:23 PM

If the Mavs can keep van horn for the mid-level exception they should probably do it. As disappointing as he usually is

LiL Stevie 07-05-2006 04:22 AM

I think Van Horn could even come cheaper than the MLE.