Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chicago Bulls Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   If Michael Jordan was white... (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1502)

bagelred 06-15-2006 10:42 AM

If Michael Jordan was white...

would he have been MORE popular, LESS popular, or about the SAME?

Let's put political correctness to the side for a bit. Discuss....

Hawker 06-15-2006 10:48 AM

same

Raptors4life 06-15-2006 10:50 AM

You could say the same for Larry Bird being black we will never know!

Rasheed1 06-15-2006 11:39 AM

Jordan would have been worshipped as a messiah if he was white...His mom would win the noble peace prize for having such an immaculate child and bringing order to the world :bowdown: if you think Jordan is an icon now....it would be much greater if he was white

allball 06-15-2006 11:46 AM

:confused:

Vragrant 06-15-2006 11:52 AM

Wouldn't matter.

Even Jordan's mom said that people have always told her they don't view her son as "black", they just see him as "Micheal Jordan".

jan803 06-15-2006 12:01 PM

i wonder if people realize that it's more of a shame that people feel this questions needs to be asked?

bagelred 06-15-2006 12:03 PM

Well...

I believe Jordan would have been LESS popular if he were white.

Rasheed1 06-15-2006 12:21 PM

Quote:

Even Jordan's mom said that people have always told her they don't view her son as "black", they just see him as "Micheal Jordan".

Wow! those people are soo benevolent :violin:

just the fact that they feel the need to mention this to jordan's mother proves my point...

SpLiTViZiOnZ 06-15-2006 12:27 PM

I think he would have been less popular

cookiemonster 06-15-2006 12:31 PM

the bald look doesn't work for white people, he'd look like matt geiger

Rasheed1 06-15-2006 12:39 PM

I dont see how he'd be less popular..... people wouldnt even hafta try to ignore the fact that he's black.....the hype would be soo outta control, they'd be calling him captain america or some sh*t

ACCBaller1403 06-15-2006 12:44 PM

Magic was just as popular as Bird and he was black. I don't think anyone, black, white, or other, didn't feel extremely sad when they found out he had HIV. It was like a national day of mourning. Jordan transcends both of them. He's more recognizeable than Mickey Mouse, and recently, just got passed this year for most popular athlete in the states....YEARS AFTER HE'S RETIRED!!! I don't know how the hype could have possibly been bigger.

i seen hippos 06-15-2006 12:49 PM

rasheed1 has entertained me more than anyone in the 3+ years i've been here.

gotta love the hate he brings into each and every thread. lol

Rasheed1 06-15-2006 12:51 PM

Magic & Bird were tied together because of their career long rivalry...They are soo intertwined that it is impossible to say why either one was liked...Magic was my favorite player to ever play the game...But I originally started liking him only because he could beat Bird when the 6ers would fail to do it.....So my dislike for Bird is what really led to my rooting for Magic....

Jordan had the right kind of career at the right time in history. He took advantage of the new wave of media and business opportunities and became a mega star because of it....I cant even imagine how far it would have went if he was a white guy.....

he'd be on the dollar bill by now :lol