Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indiana Pacers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Pacers/Nets Idea (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=154348)

catzhernandez 11-22-2009 10:35 PM

Pacers/Nets Idea

Brandon Rush is TERRIBLE. His shooting is showing no signs of getting better, and I don't see his value going up anytime soon.

Obviously the Nets are dreadful... And even though they're completely injured, they still may be up for a trade... Maybe we could sell them some "defense" with Rush.

Think they'd bit on a

Rush + Diener + 1st round pick

for

Courtney Lee + Eduardo Najera?

They have Najera signed for three more years making 3mil a season, seemingly a contract they'd like to have disappear. The Pacers could take his terrible deal, along with Lee for Rush, Diener, and a 1st round pick from next season or the year after.

I think the nets may be weary on this deal, just because they bought HIGH from Orlando, by moving VC, Ryan Anderson, etc... But this move could really help them. The Nets automatically save over half a mil on the deal, plus the three years the lose off of Najera.

Yay/Nay?

InspiredLebowski 11-24-2009 01:47 AM

Re: Pacers/Nets Idea

Not a chance in hell. Rush/Diener for Lee/Najera, maybe. PLUS an at least top 15 1st with a good chance to get lucky in the lotto? You're nuts.

catzhernandez 11-24-2009 04:07 AM

A number 10-13 pick in a draft in which I haven't heard of any big names thus far coming out in...

Lee is a lot better than Rush.

JerzeyBlaze 11-25-2009 10:10 AM

Ill take the deal soley for the first round pick

Lee is good but so far his shot hasnt been falling either. But y take lee when u have Jones? He's been doing a hell of a job so far

catzhernandez 11-25-2009 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerzeyBlaze
Ill take the deal soley for the first round pick

Lee is good but so far his shot hasnt been falling either. But y take lee when u have Jones? He's been doing a hell of a job so far

As of right now JOB sees Jones as a 6th man. :confusedshrug:

I just see a ton of potential in Lee. Maybe I'm wrong though.

Cggamer12 11-26-2009 03:48 PM

Not a bad deal, but really not a good one either.

Lee is a good player but he has had his fair share of struggles recently as well. And Najera does nothing for us, and yet we still want to send a 1st rounder?

Ehh, I'd have to pass on this one. Though I would like to pick up Lee, just not at the price of a 1st rounder.

Cggamer12 11-26-2009 04:05 PM

CATZ:

After looking a little deeper into it, since I think we can both agree we aren't too fond of Rush, how about this?

Pacers Acquire: Courtney Lee
Josh Boone

Nets Acquire: Brandon Rush
Travis Diener
Cash and/or 2nd Round Pick

When you think about it, we'd get ourselves a replacement SG in swapping Rush for Lee. Dumping Diener would give us 3 point guards in Ford, Watson, Price. Then, we only have 2 SF's (That's counting Dun Dun) and 2 C's (Foster and Hibbert). Adding Boone to play C would be a good pickup for us, and he's really not accomplishing all that much in NJ. With Roy's foul trouble, he could add another big body to work with.

Thoughts on that?

catzhernandez 11-27-2009 12:16 AM

It's way better for us, but I don't see the Nets doing it. Not when they payed so much to get Lee in the first place. I think the only way to get the Nets to give him to us RIGHT NOW, would to be to include the first rounder. That's pretty much the only way I see NJ giving up on him already.

But yeah, that deal is way better, Josh Boone is actually pretty decent. But no way does Jew Jersey accept, IMO.