Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sacramento Kings Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Hilton Armstrong 19th Pick (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1673)

TheGodFather_42 06-17-2006 02:43 AM

Hilton Armstrong 19th Pick

[I pick Hilton Armstrong, C, UConn at the 19th pick. Brad Miller was almost invisible in Sacramento’s first-round loss to San Antonio. Ive read reports saying he could be traded, but even if that doesn’t happen, Miller at least needs a decent backup. Armstrong really came on during the NCAA tournament, showing his entire repertoire of shot-blocking and rebounding skills, as well as a little offensive game.He averged 3 blocks a game with 9 pts shooting 60% with almost 7 Rebounds a game in 29 minutes, I think he Just needs to gaing some weight and he will be the Perfect guy for atleast a Backup Center for his first couple of seasons than he can possibly start.Geoff Petrie the kings GM about a week ago said he has his eye on him and me as a kingsfan i would love to see hilton armstrong in sacramento next season.

B-Real 06-17-2006 01:33 PM

I guess(hope) it will be Hilton Armstong cause that´s what this team need and is realistic to get! But we also have to look out for the best player which is available, cause there are so many guys which are very underrated in the draft. Just 2 examples from the past
Nr. 1 Gilbert Arenas
Nr. 2 Michael Redd

BradMiller52 06-18-2006 02:34 AM

:roll:

Anyway I think Hilton Armstrong would be a great fit for this team. He's a good shotblocker, an okay rebounder, and a good defender. I didn't watch UCONN all that much so I don't know how his offense is. He didn't score that many points. Can he hit an open jumper or did he get all his points off open dunks/putbacks/open layups? I mean he should've been able to get open sometime, that team had a lot of talent for a college bball team.

insidehoops 06-18-2006 03:11 AM

Armstrong would help, but I think he's more of a fill-in player than a real impact player. Not positive, though. Depends on how hard he works behind closed doors

Lightemup43 06-18-2006 11:07 AM

I played againt Hilton throughout High School and you wouldnt believe the strides he has made. He was a stringbean coming out of high school and he only starting playing basketball in like 7th grade. Also, he is a relatively smart kid... Only kid who played on Peekskill who was never ineligible, from what I recall...

insidehoops 06-18-2006 11:04 PM

Kiss Murder 06-23-2006 07:05 PM

By the dark star?

By the looks of a report I've seen on NEWS10...Looks like Brad is going to be staying in Sac.

Drafting Hilton Armstrong / Saer Sene would be a great backup for him. Hopefully Petrie will get it done. :bowdown: