Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Charlotte Hornets Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   JR Smith to Charlotte? - According to Chad Ford its possible (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2025)

2LeTTeRS KD 06-20-2006 02:08 PM

JR Smith to Charlotte? - According to Chad Ford its possible

Quote:

A trade is another possibility for Jordan. Bickerstaff has been pretty vocal about the fact that the Bobcats would be willing to deal down for multiple assets.

One rumor has the Bobcats swapping with the Hornets in a deal that would bring Charlotte the No. 12 and No. 15 picks along with J. R. Smith for the No. 3 pick. However, an NBA team source laughed off the rumor, saying that Smith is not a Bickerstaff-type of player.

If that trade is on the table then we would be stupid to turn it down. JR is more talented than anybody in this draft, only 20 years old and we get to move down and get a more Bickerstaff friendly player like Carney or Brewer with one pick and perhaps a big like Sene or Simmons with the 15th. This seems like a homerun to me.

Timmeh 06-20-2006 06:53 PM

we would be stupid not to do this

traditionone 06-21-2006 10:07 PM

I would do it. JR Smith needs a change in scenery and he has the skills to thrive beside Wallace. We can also get depth with the 2 first round picks.

HornetsFan4Life 06-22-2006 10:16 PM

Yes, this would be a great deal for Charlotte. Smith has the potential, and I personally think the Hornets should hold on to him, buuuut for the #3 pick in this years draft I would move him and our 2 picks in a heartbeat. Anyways, congrads to all you 'Cats fans for getting MJ aboard. The Hornets would probably still be there today if Shinn had allowed him to buy in, and we would have seen Jordan 23 in purple and teal for a few years too.... ahhhh, what could have been. Good Luck this season, hopefully you guys will support the Bobcats like we used to support the Hornets back in the days.

dab0yech0 06-23-2006 03:07 AM

If you guys can pull out this trade and land JR Smith, Im on the bandwagon. Big JR Smith fan here, been watching him since St. Benedicts.

djfleet 06-25-2006 11:02 PM

if this goes down it's highway robbery for the bobcats...but then again the hornets make out nice and get a young big to compliment chris paul and it's not like jr was getting any burn under tsar byron anyways

Timmeh 06-25-2006 11:55 PM

i guess it's not happening since this is the last we've heard of it

traditionone 06-26-2006 12:00 PM

I don't think Michael Jordan will sign off on this.

JR Smith never showed up at UNC, leaving early and left the basketball program hurting a little. Tar Heels never forgive or forget.

dwillreg 06-27-2006 02:35 AM

That would be highway robery if we got that deal. We could take 2 more young talented players along with a future stud at 2 guard. That would be absolute beast.