Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Houston Rockets Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   What went right and wrong for the Rockets last season (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2519)

insidehoops 06-22-2006 07:00 PM

What went right and wrong for the Rockets last season

What went right and wrong for the Rockets last season?

Talk about team success and disappointments. Which players were as good as expected, who was even better than expected, and who was a disappointment.

BREAK IT DOWN

The Reign Man 06-23-2006 12:55 PM

Right:

The emergence of Yao Ming as a superstar.
Luther Head

Wrong:

Injuries, especially T-Mac's back
The supporting cast proving that it sucked

junwin 06-24-2006 07:51 AM

im so excited about next season though

yao having the streak of 25+ and 10..... soooooooooo good

and tmac back at full strength :D:D:D

complete turnaround from midseason last year

JSub 06-25-2006 04:09 AM

Yao Ming breaking out was definitely the highlight of this season. Few people ever imagined he could play like this. I told all my friends that he'd peak in his 5th year. He's right on schedule.

Hutch13 06-25-2006 04:24 AM

one word INJURIES

thedream 06-26-2006 04:30 AM

Yao and Head

Injuries

too bad head will be gone though. i really liked him

Hutch13 06-26-2006 04:53 AM

he wont be gone how do you know?

ClutchCityReturns 06-26-2006 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hutch13
he wont be gone how do you know?

Right now my money would be on that too, although it's definitely not a done deal.

To put it simply, Luther is by far our most tradeable asset, and if the Rockets actually do move up in the draft you can pretty much assume that Luther is going to be in whatever package the other team asks for from us.

PureElement 06-26-2006 09:16 PM

Yao's emergence as the best center in the league is definitly a success. Head and Chuck were minor bright spots, overshadowed by Swift's brainlessness and T-Mac's injuries.

wTFaMonkey 06-26-2006 11:25 PM

i really like chuck hayes. he does all the dirty work for us. thank god we signed him :rockon: :rockon:

SCREWstonRockets 06-28-2006 01:40 PM

RIGHT - Yao Ming shuting up all the haters & doubters all over the world, including ISH by playing his as$ off while playoffs were out of the picture.

-Luther Head making use of the minutes that he wasn't suppose to have.

WRONG - INJURIES,INJURIES,INJURIES! No doubt in my mind that the rockets would have been contenders if Yao and Tmac stayed healthy.

- WHAT HAPPEND TO THE STRO SHOW? I was dissapointed with Stro's underacheving (big surprise :rolleyes:) season with houston. How can you not get the starting spot over J-How? He showed flashes of how good he could actually be but then he looks lost at other times. I'm still not giving up on him, i think if JVG would give him some starts, he could be up decent numbers with yao and tmac.

Jazz Rockets all the way 07-12-2006 05:52 PM

stro needed to show he was worth getting and he didnt, simple as that, i think its good we get battier for him but not gay as well