Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   OT: UFC 67 (Cro Cops UFC debut) (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28579)

TMacsOneGoodEye 02-02-2007 09:46 PM

OT: UFC 67 (Cro Cops UFC debut)

Anyone gonna watch this. I can't wait.

It might be the first MMA death when Cro Cop faces Eddie Sanchez. Cro Cop is the #2 fighter in the world (a distant 2nd to Fedor Emelianenko) and when he went to the UFC he's gotta work his way up again, that means the #2 fighter in the world fighting guys not at all on his level. It's gonna be sickening.

Also, Rampage Jacksons UFC debut against a guy he lost to early in his career.

Also, Anderson Silva defends his title for the first time against Travis Lutter. Should be a good match. I don't think it's as one sided as people are saying.

Anyways, anyone else gonna tune in?

Game 02-02-2007 09:46 PM

Re: OT: UFC 67 (Cro Cops UFC debut)

Ppv?

TMacsOneGoodEye 02-02-2007 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Game
Ppv?

Yeah, tomorrow (Sat) night.

KobeBalboa 02-02-2007 09:47 PM

Go Mirko!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DoubleTech 02-02-2007 10:40 PM

i'll be watching... the trick is finding the local bar that ISN'T packed for this event...

cro cop is gonna kick this guy's head clean off his shoulders.

TMacsOneGoodEye 02-02-2007 10:48 PM

Well, Travis Lutter couldn't make weight tonight. He weight in a pound and a half over so the main event WON'T be a title fight. Ridiculous. Lutters a dumbass. He got a chance he shouldn't have gotten in the first place, then messes that up by not being prepared. That's inexcusable.

Eldrunko247 02-02-2007 10:50 PM

Lutter might now make weight. He has about 2 hours to lose 2 lbs. He better start chugging down the laxitives right now.

I'll be watching for sure. UFC fans are in for a treat. I'm more of a Pride guy myself but the UFC has definitely caught up in talent. I predict a left kick from hell or an orbit bustin right from Crocop.

Zombles 02-02-2007 10:51 PM

Lutter is such a *********.
be funny if Silva lost though.

it'd be just like Pride!

TMacsOneGoodEye 02-02-2007 10:58 PM

Average UFC fans are so lucky. If I had to choose between having sex for the first time, or seeing Cro Cop fight for the first time (a guy not at his level mind you) like if a genie gave me a wish between those two. I'd choose seeing Cro Cop for the first time.

Pistol Pete 02-02-2007 11:02 PM

Travis Lutter is a fool, how can you not make weight for a fight of this magnitude! He had a great oppurtunity to win this fight if he got it to the ground and he's blown it. I guarentee once he uses up his TUF contract he'll be finished, Dana White will be uber pissed for this. This was his big draw to attract people to see Cro Cop and Rampage, and now he's lost his main event for the title.

Kujo 02-02-2007 11:06 PM

I can't wait. This "should" be the best UFC in a long time. Every match is intriguing. I can't wait to see Cro Cop, and Rampage. Never seen them fight live before.

Silva was very impressive in his total annihilation of Rich Franklin.

TMacsOneGoodEye 02-02-2007 11:25 PM

Kujo, how come you never get on aim anymore?

Pistol Pete 02-02-2007 11:39 PM

It's shocking how idiotic Travis Lutter is for missing this title shot. He would never have gotten a shot at the title if not for the TUF series, and now he actually gets one, and he still blows his oppurtunity at it. It's just brutal, his entire career just went down the toilet.

Mirko Cro Cop looked jacked at the weigh in, Eddie Sanchez is about to get left kicked into oblivion.

Machida and Jackson are going to have a huge impact on the 205 pound division.

Anyone else out there believe that Noguiera is the next big signing coming to the UFC. They dropped Noguiera's name during the Heath Herring fight, and then they dropped it again in the UFC 67 Countdown when talking about Cro Cop. Both Joe Rogan and Dana White have mentioned him on huge broadcasts. If they bring over Big Nog, do you think Lil Nog will follow? Both would be huge additions to the 205 and Heavyweight Divisions respectively.

TMacsOneGoodEye 02-02-2007 11:52 PM

Big Nog could possibly go to the UFC, which would suck for Cro Cop since Nog beat him and he hasent avenged it. I think that would be an AWESOME rematch.

What is there for Nog to do in Pride? Not like he's getting a title shot since he's lost to Fedor twice and Fedor isn't losing his belt, possibly ever.

IamtheWalrus 02-02-2007 11:58 PM

i don't think the nogs will be a good fit in UFC....

the cage is not to their favor.