Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Utah Jazz Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Dee Brown! (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3242)

wang4three 06-29-2006 12:08 AM

Dee Brown!

Dee And Deron Back Together!

lowblok 06-29-2006 02:24 AM

Is it too early to get excited!!!

wang4three 06-29-2006 12:22 PM

I hope so. I would hate to have to root for the Jazz. But for the both of them, I'll love the team to death.

Pre777 06-29-2006 02:52 PM

Dee Brown

I am a fan. I like a guy that can perform on a big stage like he and DeRon Williams did in the NCAA tournament. This guy has real potential to stick with the Jazz with his slashing just like damon stoudamire, boykins and jameer nelson have all carved out a niche for themselves. I really think the NBA game is starting to favor ability/athleticism over size.

Thankfully we will see the end of the old NBA policy of if you are seven feet and have a pulse you have a job in the NBA.

cyco127 06-29-2006 04:18 PM

I think the Jazz may have had the best second round of this year's draft....:banana:

Bricklayer 06-29-2006 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyco127
I think the Jazz may have had the best second round of this year's draft....:banana:

You know what? that's not a stretch... i mean, i think the clippers did equally as well getting paul davis and nabbing guillermo diaz (who was a steal that late) but dee brown could definitely turn into our spark plug bobby jackson type and paul milsapp... ok, i've hardly heard of the guy but his tenacious rebounding is intriguing. any team could use a guy like that. i hope both of them stick to the roster this season. Here's to D-Will and D-Brown tearing it up in the backcourt to lead their team to the Finals once again! :cheers:

FightingIllinut 06-29-2006 10:38 PM

ive been an Illini fan for over 20 years and really appreciated Utah giving Deron Williams such highregards with the #3 pick last year but i have been dogging Dee all season long and i am just wanting to make sure you all are aware that...not only did he shoot terribly in all but a few games this year but often his shots werent even close...i appreciate all dee did for Illinois but i feel that his Senior year was a shooting letdown...here is his shooting game by game

.............FG......3FG
SDSU 6-16 3-8
TxP-A 7-17 5-13
TxSthrn 5-11 3-8
WichSt 3-14 2-9
Rutgers 4-7 0-2
N.Car 6-19 0-6
Xavier 4-16 3-10
ArkL-R 2-8 1-5
Gtown 5-16 2-7
Oregon 9-15 5-8
CopnSt 2-7 2-6
Mizzou 5-11 4-7
SEMO 6-17 3-9
TN-Mart 2-5 1-2
MichSt 12-22 7-13
Iowa 2-13 1-10
Mich 6-17 5-10
Ind 1-9 1-6
NW 6-10 2-5
Minn 7-11 3-6
Purdue 5-14 0-5
Wisc 6-18 1-5
PennSt 3-12 3-11
OhioSt 5-13 2-5
NW 5-14 2-8
Ind 3-12 1-6
Mich 8-19 3-8
Iowa 2-12 2-9
Minn 5-14 2-9
MichSt 6-14 5-10
MichSt 2-10 1-5
AirForce 1-7 1-6
Wshngtn 5-18 2-6

i dont think Sloan has the patience to give minutes to such a streaky shooter

good luck Jazz and thanks for drafting illini

lowblok 06-29-2006 11:56 PM

He's not here for his shooting. The Jazz like a spark off the bench to come in and change the tempo.

lowblok 06-29-2006 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyco127
I think the Jazz may have had the best second round of this year's draft....

They didn't have a bad first round either.

FightingIllinut 06-30-2006 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowblok
He's not here for his shooting. The Jazz like a spark off the bench to come in and change the tempo.

that is probably his best asset combined with speed...his shooting usually dipped when he tried shooting off the dribble/creating around the perimiter...i think the problem bringing Dee into an NBA game is he is going to go against another fresh PG sub so his speed/stamina will somewhat be negated, he will be giving up 3-4 inches (Dee is 5'11" at best) and he just looks lost at PG...my guess is Sloan will bring Dee in with Deron at PG and Dee will be giving up 6 inches to the 6'5 SG across from him...look at that cupcake schedule IL had especially in the preconference end and Dee just plain looked lost...i still dont know how he won the Cousy Award but i guess charisma points were a premium but there certainly is a reason why there were 8 point gaurds drafted ahead of him (along with ten 2 guards)...i certainly know more about the college game than NBA but these are the opinions of a guy who watched Dee basically every game the past 4 years

Bricklayer 06-30-2006 08:27 PM

Wow... i had no idea his shooting percentages were that low... but i wonder if it's cuz he didn't have Deron Williams by his side in his senior year. I understand Dee shot much better the year before with a playmaker distributing the ball right where he liked it for high percentage shots. If anyone can make the 2 point guard system work, it's the Jazz. Sloan has been experimenting with it since stockton left, so i think that's exactly what the jazz plan on doing - Deron at the point with Brown at the 2. Hopefully, Brown's speed will destroy the opponent's taller, slower 2 guard, and on defense, we'll have to gamble and let Kirilenko cover Dee's back. Two years ago, Mo Williams played pretty well for us at the 2 spot and I see Dee's potential right up there with Mo's.

1-JazzFan 07-19-2006 03:34 AM

Rocky Mountain Review

It seems like the Jazz as a team hasn't been the same team without Deron there. The first night, the Jazz were on fire. They looked Great! Now with Dee and Chase leading the team at Point, it doesn't seem like they are getting it done.

If it wasn't for Ronnie Brewer Tuesday night, the Jazz would have lost again. I know summer league usually isn't about the Wins and Losses, but in a close game, I think it is.

I think Dee has looked good and especially looked good the first game, but when he's out there leading the team, it seems like it's taking too much of his focus to just light up the threes like he did in the first game. Now playing along side Deron, he could still probably get those kind of looks and drain the threes, but the last few games, IMO Brian Chase has looked better than Dee.

On Tuesday Chase had 6 assists to Dee's 1. He just ran the team better. Not that it was great, but better than Dee the last few games.

I like Dee, and during the first game I was thinking the Jazz had the best draft out of anyone.

Millsap and Brewer are still looking great for Rooks, but Dee's been struggling.

Heretik32 07-19-2006 06:26 AM

Actually, I've become quite glad that the Jazz got Fisher. He can back up Deron and teach the new guys the ropes till they can take over, which'll be quite some time, I fear.

lowblok 07-19-2006 10:50 AM

Losing the only point guard left from last years roster isn't going to help alot if you're a rookie. I think they been thrown in the deep end a little bit but for good reason.
Who ever comes out on top will be better for it and so will the team.

By the way, isn't good to see someone in a Jazz uniform slash to the basket with regular success like Ronnie Brewer does. Pretty effective stroke too so far.

Summit42 07-19-2006 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowblok
Is it too early to get excited!!!

Agreed, its much to early to get excited espically from his preformance RMR so far.