Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Memphis Grizzlies Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Should gay start (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3422)

Grizzledrook 06-29-2006 08:27 PM

Should gay start

I would love to give gay a huge shot at the start.He looked awesome in college and should start I think.Put miller the choke back on the bench where he likes it.I really dont like that we got back swift he is just gonna take up time at the four.We have other prospects that need that time.Like hakim warrik,lawarence roberts,rudy gay.I would love to start damon,eddie,gay,warrik,and pau.With lowry,mike,cardinal,roberts,and tsakalidis or I guess swift now off the bench.

Chamberlain 06-29-2006 11:35 PM

It's possible but he still has a lot to learn about the game.

J-Memphis 06-29-2006 11:53 PM

swift shouldnt take too much time at the 4. theres a lot of talk him and pau will be used at the 5 to allow warrick, roberts and johnson to play at the 4. and i believe gay will start... if not immediately then by the end of the season.

Grizzledrook 06-30-2006 10:02 PM

I mean if gay could have the impact that ben gordon or wade had there first year,hell even pau his first year it would be great.I do not wantswift back he did not work out hopeffuly he gets traded away befor he puts the blue back on.

HaNdLe ThE RoCk 07-01-2006 02:28 PM

5. Gasol
4. Swift or Warrick
3. Gay
2. Eddie Jones
1. Damon Stoudamire

all i have to say is memphis will be the highlight real of the NBA.

Swift, Warrick, Gay :rockon:

AIR SETH 07-02-2006 12:35 AM

I would start Gay but I guess a lot of it will be based on how he does in the Summer League.

Grizzledrook 07-02-2006 03:16 AM

Im just glad memphis is finally getting away from bad deals.Like lorenzen,cardinal,bobby jackson,eddie jones.With out hurting the future.If hakim can get a 15 footer he would be able to crack starting lineup.Man I hope gay turns out if he dosent alot of fans will be even more pissed we gave away mr franchise.

J-Memphis 07-02-2006 08:23 PM

battier was a good player and great person, but the other draft pick from his rookie year, will always be mr. franchise... and right now, its hard to really say if eddie or damon will be in the starting 5... much less roster.

KnicksFan4Life 07-03-2006 01:35 AM

If Eddie Jones is traded than Gay could start

sixty 07-03-2006 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
5. Gasol
4. Swift or Warrick
3. Gay
2. Eddie Jones
1. Damon Stoudamire

all i have to say is memphis will be the highlight real of the NBA.

Swift, Warrick, Gay :rockon:

This year IMO: First round exit. Again. :pimp:

insidehoops 07-03-2006 07:26 PM

As a rookie Rudy Gay should probably come off the bench, and be eased into things

artificial 07-05-2006 10:37 AM

Gay shouldn't start just now. Let him adapt to the game coming off the bench, and depending on the development he shows, he could be starting by next season, or even at the end of this season.

AKADS 07-05-2006 07:29 PM

Start him and get him 35 minutes a game. This guy could be better then Pau when its all said and done and you guys want him to sit on the bench

Ankel Breaker 07-05-2006 11:00 PM

I know he is a rookie but he should be given same chance pau and battier had rookie year pau sat like what three games and they decided not to hold him back.Also there were injuries but he still showed promise.

04mzwach 07-15-2006 04:03 PM

u guys are so lucky, u have stromile swift, now the only thing u have to do is get him to wanna play...easier said than done...see...the guy could be great...for all u guys know, he hated the rockets and didnt wanna play. hopefully your orginization has some type of affect on him. he could get a great player. he's kind of like michael olowokandi.