Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Milwaukee Bucks Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   How would you feel about Magloire and Simmons for Stackhouse and Dampier? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4909)

kentatm 07-12-2006 03:12 AM

How would you feel about Magloire and Simmons for Stackhouse and Dampier?

you guys shore up the middleand get a great offensive rebounding C who plays good D in Dampier. You also get Stackhouse who while no longer close to prime, is tough as nails, gets to the line and is a big time leader (seriously) in the Dallas locker room. On top of that, you still get an expiring contract to make up for Magloire.

BTW I'm a big Damp fan. Other Mavs fans piss and moan about him but they really dont get how much he helps just b/c of his excellent spacing and rebounding. He is great at clogging the middle as well. Plus he plays Shaq fairly well and its possible you guys will play Miami in the playoffs.

I only propose this b/c its very clear that Diop is the future at C for Dallas. He is about to get a HUGE payday not to mention that Josh Howard and Dirk will soon get big extensions. Siommons would also fill a huge need in Dallas with his 3 point shooting, something you guys have en masse.

yes, no, maybe?

JoeHova 07-12-2006 05:27 PM

I would hate that trade. Bobby isn't great, but he'll be around a lot longer than Stackhouse will, plus Bobby isn't a d***. I wouldn't even do that part of the trade unless I was desperate to dump Bobby's contract. The Magloire for Dampier part is absolutely horrendous for the Bucks though. They give up a better, younger, cheaper, center for a guy who would be their 3rd stringer and is making $50+ million. Larry Harris may owe his dad a favor in return for letting David Noel play on the Mavs summer league team, but this won't be it.

bonez26 07-12-2006 05:49 PM

That's a bad trade. Dallas would take that in a second. They get two better younger players. End of story

DTribble 07-12-2006 06:23 PM

Actually, it's not that bad of a trade....if you're looking to make a finals push THIS year. Although you'd still be looking for a 3-4 backup and a 1. If you added Terry or Harris, I'd be all over that.

Back ups in no particular order
1-M.Williams/Bell/(Terry/Harris)?
2-M.Redd/(Terry/Harris)
3-J.Stack/Noel/Illyasova
4-CV/J.Smith/Gadz?
5-Bogut/Damps/Gadz

add to that the MLE and other filler to complete the roster.

Actually, doesn't look all that.

adamcz 07-15-2006 12:14 PM

What's your problem ATM? I already demonstrated empiracly that Simmons>Stackhouse and Magloire>Dampier. There's no debating either component of this. Both Bucks are younger and better. Quit proposing this trade in various forums.

kentatm 07-16-2006 09:16 PM

its not about better. fisrt off, i disagree on Mags being better than Damp. they are = at best. Damp has the D Mags has the O. the Bucks need to strengthen their middle and Damp can do that. plus its been shown that he is ok coming off the bench. also, the Bucks need to get somethign for Mags b/c Ill bet anything he will up and leave them with or without a S&T.

as for Simmons, they trade a guy that didnt mesh that well for another 6th man who is a little better defensively, is a big expirer to make up for losing Mags expiring contract and a guy that gets you FTs.

really i think it helps both teams in the short and long run.

Bricklayer 07-18-2006 06:06 PM

We at the Jazz forum like Magloire for our team. Who on the Jazz do you think is a fair trade for him?

kentatm 07-19-2006 01:28 AM

well i doubt they'd want Boozer but you may start with him. perhaps AK47 but unless you guys are sick of his injuries i dont see that happening. i also dont see an Okur for Mags trade.

kobedaman24 07-20-2006 07:19 PM

sounds good. but wont go down. i dont know where you got that from but bucks are not gonna trade simmons.

ZHAKIDD532 07-20-2006 11:15 PM

they might do it, but the mavs really like stackhouse, but they might let him walk if they got rid of Dampier