Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Brooklyn Nets Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   How can the Nets get to the next level? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=519)

insidehoops 06-06-2006 09:31 PM

How can the Nets get to the next level?

How can the Nets get to the next level?

fatboy11 06-06-2006 09:32 PM

Yes they can, my friend.

They need a power forward and a bench though. They're closer than most teams, I think. Their window is smaller though due to the age of Jason Kidd.

ALBballer 06-06-2006 09:33 PM

Re:

Trade for Jermaine O'Neal.

whaley82 06-06-2006 09:34 PM

Oneal would be a good Idea but wed have to give rid of too many players, Unless we got him cheap like we did Carter. But they really need to get Carter taking it to the hoop more and not settling. The nedd Krstic not to fall apart on them like he did in the Miami Series. and they need to get a good center if Ilic isn't doing great.

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork 06-06-2006 09:35 PM

Re:

despite Carter's terrible shot selection at times, you have to admit Carter DID drive the ball a lot, scored a lot, and DREW a lot of contact....

but Wade's explosion... Walker's overnight change into the team player who makes his threes... and the Nets porous three point defense.. did them in.

the Nets need a bruiser to anchor their defense. while Collins is a good post defender, he does not exactly strike fear into the hearts of slashers. the Nets need an enforcer again.

then they need their bench, which is one of the worst, to produce. then again, the offense is very precise and most players cannot strive in it unless they are given touches. Jeff McINnis flopped there because he would not play within the confines of the Nets specialized motion offense and high post Princeton sets.

whaley82 06-06-2006 09:39 PM

Quote:

despite Carter's terrible shot selection at times, you have to admit Carter DID drive the ball a lot, scored a lot, and DREW a lot of contact....

In some games yes but in others I was just just amazed.

As for the enforcer and Perimeter Defence I defiently agree. Well If they could get Carter playing good Defence that would be amazing as the year went on it got better and better I found and then against soem guys I was like wow....that was Carter playing Defence. And then Adding a Enforcer like the Old K-mart that be a very nice addition. Not even Wade got away with a easy hoop. In one of my mix's I have a Wade Lay-Up where K-mart just jumps up and catchs it with 2 hands.

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork 06-06-2006 09:40 PM

Re:

i remember that game. Wade goes for a floater, Martin just grabs it out of the air and triggers the fast break to Kidd.

whaley82 06-06-2006 09:42 PM

Yep thats the exact one.Loved that block, Same with I can't remeber who it was but I htink it was in 2000 He pinned someones lay-up on the backboard with two hands and then brought it down. I miss him being on the Nets.. He did soo good for them...Come Home K-Mart

fatboy11 06-06-2006 09:43 PM

Their bench isn't too far off. They'll add to it with their two first rounders and they also have Antoine Wright and Jacque Vaughn (he's solid as a vet).

I think they should deal one of those picks for a veteran bench player if they can. Bringing over Mile Ilic would be huge too because he's going to need a year or two and the sooner....the better.

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork 06-06-2006 09:48 PM

Re:

even if KMart came back, Carter must be coerced into running every game.

Kidd and RJ always want to run if there is an outlet pass. Collins likes to run too, and won't mind finishing (though he tends to gett only the two foul shots and the ball flies elsewhere)

whaley82 06-06-2006 09:48 PM

They really just need more Depth with there forwardsa nd Centers, theres been times where they couldn't even put one out there and had to use a three as a PF because of foul trouble

whaley82 06-06-2006 09:50 PM

Krstic is starting to join the running game to Ive seen him run the court and get a easy lay-up, he needs to start dunking more :p

funkylikemonkey 06-06-2006 09:55 PM

If only this question was that easy to answer. This has what's been ailing the Nets since Jason Kidd arrived. The Nets have always been so close to winning a title. The Nets have two young talents in RJ and Krstic and in a few years they will develop into superstars. The problem is, Jason Kidd is hobbling on one leg and only has one or two more good years out of him.

If the Nets want to win now they have to let go of either Vince or RJ. These past two playoffs have shown that no matter how explosive, no matter how exciting your backcourt is, it won't win you a championship. In my opinion, I would rather give up Vince Carter because of some of his faults. Vince is never a selfish player, but many times has horrible shot selection and he is a very confident player, so he feels like he can get going at any time.

This offseason will be very important for the Nets future. It will show whether they are determined to win now or get younger players through the draft and possibly Vince Carter trades in hopes of bringing an exciting team to Brooklyn.

Simply put, the Nets can't get to the Next level right now. They have to wait for the rest of the East to fall off and hope that when the conference rebuilds the Nets will come out on top.

saKf 06-06-2006 09:56 PM

The Nets need a physical inside presence, ideally someone who blocks some shots, too. That's their main concern right now if you ask me.

fatboy11 06-06-2006 09:58 PM

They should package one or maybe both of their 1st rounders and maybe Ilic and try to move up for Shelden Williams.