Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cleveland Cavaliers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   What do you like and dislike about Ilgauskas (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=839)

insidehoops 06-09-2006 02:01 PM

What do you like and dislike about Ilgauskas

Talk about Zydrunas Ilgauskas, what you like and don't like about his offense, defense, etc.

Dr.Funk 06-09-2006 02:59 PM

He doesn't get enough touches.

B-Low 06-09-2006 03:46 PM

I like Z. He's actually my second favorite Cav behind LeBron. I think one of the main reasons i like him is because he's the only Cav thats been here for a while. He reminds me of the times before all the bandwagon fans came aboard, back when i would go to Cavs games like 3-4 times a month because tickets were only $15-$20 because only the REAL fans would go to games. Also, say what you will about Z but IMO he's still one of the top 5 or 6 centers in the NBA. He's toughed it out and come back from injuries, staying loyal to the city and team and i respect him for that.

Black Joker 06-09-2006 05:31 PM

he's too slow and unathletic, so when we do a pick and roll with lebron, its more like a pick and pop, the defender always knows that big Z will shot, and won't roll. which is why i prefer varergeo (god, i cant spell his name), he keeps the defense honest.

BigTicket 06-09-2006 07:18 PM

Z's half court offense is still very good, he's probably the 3rd best center in the league in that regard. The problem is that his defense isnt very good and he's getting too slow, still unless a good offer comes along moving him isnt a priority.

traditionone 06-09-2006 09:48 PM

A rock is more athletic than he is. He couldn't run the length of the court if you gave him all night to do it.

Okay, I'm being hard on him.

He is not athletic and this hurts him in transition and in defense. If he gets touches, he can score. With that said, he's still better than the majority of centers out there.

My main problem with him is his contract.

AKADS 06-09-2006 11:29 PM

i like Big Z but i hope gets moved.

nawsanenawmean 06-10-2006 09:45 PM

Dislike - He's slow. He's weak. He's clumsy. He's unathletic. He's soft. He forces too many shots down in the post when he tries to make a move, but he can't make a good move due to the 9 screws in both his feet.

Like - He has a good mid range jump shot. Though, he was bricking that shot everytime in the playoffs. His height allows him to get a lot of offensive rebounds (all though these are usually his own put backs after his own missed shot).

SpLiTViZiOnZ 06-12-2006 01:54 PM

he is worth keeping, just need a better backup center to fill in the gaps and spell him for periods when his wimpy ass gets tired. *cough* Jamal Magloire *cough*

AKADS 06-12-2006 02:19 PM

Why would we trade for Jamal when we know he is goin to want a big contract after next yr. And he would whine about not starting. Jamal is a cancer we don't want him.

BlackMoses 06-13-2006 11:23 AM

Good: He's one of the best shooters from the 5 position. He has a really soft touch. He blocks a lot of inside shots. He's money from the free-throw line. He's a solid passer from the post. He grabs a ton of offensive rebounds. He's an above average defensive rebounder. Tremendous size. Bounced back from foot injuries really well.

Bad: He's a big stiff. When he does grab an offensive rebound, he rarely finishes with power. Doesn't always block out real well for offensive rebounds. Picks up a lot of cheap fouls. Doesn't have great shotblocking instincts and gets himself out of position a lot. Past injuries are a cause for concern. Slows the team down in the fast break. Not a very good defender despite stats. Rarely dunks the ball when in close. Despite his size, Z rarely punishes his opponet on the block. Is inconsistent, will have 9 points one night and 26 the next.

derwink 06-17-2006 07:41 AM

I've always liked his skills. The few games that I've seen of the Cavs, it seems like he would be better with more touches. That offense is stagnant.

At least his feet are holding up. With him, the Cavs have an advantage most nights that they probably just don't take enough advantage of.

insidehoops 06-17-2006 08:47 PM

He has flaws, but he's still better than 80% of NBA centers

FabCasablancas 06-28-2006 04:33 AM

Would you guys consider a trade for Erick Dampier of the Mavs?

Damp plays very very well against both the Wallace boys and Shaq and Zo.

He is probably the best one-on-one defender of Shaq in the league. I think with Damp you guys could beat the Heat and get to the Finals becasue Bron is so much better than Wade if you have someone to hold off Shaq.

We got Damp because we were used to having Shaq and Duncan/David Robinson in the West. But the West has gotten smaller and more offensive minded. Z would make Dirk an even better offensive force because his offensive game compliments Dirk so well.

I also think Dampier would make LeBron a better defender because of his defensive presence and physicality.

InLebronWeTrust 06-28-2006 08:26 PM

every cav fan

People are talking **** on me in the Bobcats forum just because i made a thread that told them to get their new owner (MJ) a jersey. Haha yeah so if you'd like to read what they have said about us you'd get a good laugh. Stuff like.. "The cavs will get swept if they play the bobcats next season, or well be in the playoffs if your sorry assses can even get there." I just though id fill you in on this lovely event. The thread is titled I have a marvelous idea if you want to check it out.. Thanks