Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Houston Rockets Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Tracy McGrady's health - a permanent concern? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=847)

insidehoops 06-09-2006 02:07 PM

Tracy McGrady's health - a permanent concern?

T-Mac's health has been a problem, and I have no idea if it's going to always be that way, or what

Jazz Rockets all the way 06-09-2006 04:49 PM

its always bothered him but never this bad but i aint gettin my hopes up cos even if he gets well and back up to 100% he will only stay there for a few seasons and then his age will catch up Yao needs to step up

HoustonRockets87 06-10-2006 05:35 AM

It definetly will always be a concern because his back problems can always reappear at any time. Hopefully he'll be healthy next season so the Rockets can have a monster year.

Stealth718 06-10-2006 05:52 PM

See Larry Johnson. Back woes ended altered his career, then took it away. he was a shell of his former self, when he landed in NYC via trade.

ClutchCityReturns 06-15-2006 10:09 PM

Hell yes it's a concern. The guy's guaranteed 80 million dollars for the next 4 years. If he's not able to play, or at least be effective at a star level, it handcuffs the franchise big time.

adamcz 06-19-2006 01:14 PM

Two years ago, it looked like Houston had a possible dynasty in their hands, with TMac being one of the unanimous best players in the game, and Yao a top 5 center. Just keep using the MLE to sign competent role players, and you're set. Now it seems that they don't have the role players or the star. Hopefully TMac can comeback. If he can return to top 5 status, I see no reason why Swift and Alston aren't good enough for him to carry to the playoffs.

SaveThePigs 06-20-2006 12:36 AM

I think T-mac can definately come back. In fact, I know he will, well I have faith he will. I don't fear his injuries. Quite honestly, I'm willing to risk T-mac being healthy rather then trading him.

I

JSub 06-20-2006 01:43 AM

The load of carrying a team is not on TMac alone now. Yao can shoulder the burden as well. If both guys are healthy, this team can go far.

hehehaha 06-20-2006 10:34 PM

Personally I want to see Mcgrady get traded. I dont' see Yao and Mcgrady ever winning it together especially with the back concerns of TMac.

Ugh, thats a tough thing to say...

You have to build a championship team starting with a strong base and with TMac as one of the pillars i don't think this team can hold up.

Anyways. what's everyone think?

mad handles 06-22-2006 04:23 PM

I think Tmac will definately be back. It seems like this year with his injuries everyone forgot about him and what he is capable of. This guy will be rested and hopefully healed(mentally and physically) and therefore he will be a total terror for the rest of the league once again.