Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Video Games Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   What are good GameCube games? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=86470)

Lamar Doom 05-02-2008 05:31 AM

What are good GameCube games?

I picked a Gamecube off ebay for 40 bucks, came with a bunch of weird games, most notably Mario Kart which is really why i got the system. gonna run a train on that and the other games that came with it but i was wondering if there were any "don't miss" games out there- i've never played game cube and have no idea what was the big hits for it. I hate first person shooters and fighting games. I like adventure games (zelda, original metroid, monkey island, grim fandango, mario bros) and sports games (fifa, madden) and some oddball ones too (mario party, monkey ball) and some strategy games (civilization is reallyt he only one i love). The system also came with this ninja turtles game that looks like it's cooperative story line game- LOVE those, anything that isn't split screen especally (River City Ransom etc).

Anyone have any recommendations based on my tastes? thanks.

Hotbullets 05-02-2008 07:49 AM

Re: What are good GameCube games?

Almost every first party game on the Cube is worth checking out. My personal favourites were Zelda (I loved the cell shaded graphics, I don't understand why people hated it so much, also Twilight Princess can be found on the Cube and that is arguably the best game I have ever played), Super Mario Sunshine (again, many people thought it sucked, I loved it although Galaxy is waaay better), both Metroid Primes (awesome action/adventure games, huge fan even though I can't stand "science fiction"), Mario Kart Double Dash (multiplayer madness!), Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes (fantastic remake of the first MGS)...

The Cube was a good system, but there were too few good games. However, the Wii is suffering the same problem.

Sonic R 05-02-2008 10:59 AM

For me, these are the games I personally preferů

Super Smash Bros Melee
Mario Kart Double Dash
F-Zera GX
Ikaruga
Chaos Field
Alien Hominid
Space Raiders
Battalion Wars
Cubivore
Billy Hatcher
Super Mario Strikers
Resident Evil 4
Viewtiful Joe
Killer 7
Zelda: Wind Waker
Zelda: Twilight Princess
Zelda: Four Swords (best with multiplayer)
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles (best with multiplayer)
Pac-man Vs. (best with multiplayer)

Also consider a GBA player. Its the only reason I've held on to my Gamecube after I got the Wii. There are like a million of Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Boy Advance games to check out and they are fun on the big screen.

Mathius 05-04-2008 10:45 PM

I had a thread on this a while ago. There's some interesting games that came out only on Gamecube from some popular series'.

There's about 4 Zelda games:

1. Twilight Princess
2. The Wind Waker
3. The Collectors edition (awesome disc)
4. Four Swords

Technically there's 5, since if you pre-ordered Wind Waker, you could get the Ocarina of Time disc with the Master Quest on it.

There's also Twin Snakes, part of the Metal Gear series.

Resident Evil 4 made it to Gamecube.

There's all those Prince of Persia games. (they rock)

I heard that the Final Fantasy isn't good as a first person game, because it was pretty much built to be a multiplayer game with a GBA link.

Tomb Raider anniversary came out on Gamecube.

There's a few Mario games that are supposed to be really good.

Mathius