Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Portland Trail Blazers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Sebastian Telfair - your thoughts on him? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=884)

insidehoops 06-09-2006 03:49 PM

Sebastian Telfair - your thoughts on him?

What do you like and dislike about telfair's game?

bigboi_baller 06-11-2006 02:27 AM

my simple thoughts:

his movie was awesome, but after that everything is a big question mark:confusedshrug:

bk15 06-11-2006 06:00 PM

i think they should trade him to toronto for draft pick and someone else

Jazz Rockets all the way 06-17-2006 06:45 PM

hes good but i found out the reason why he is such a big qmark, after some careful research and **** i found that hes related to marbury sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ummm gd luck i guess

LakerRaider 06-19-2006 05:31 AM

Sebastian Telfair has some pretty good potential and he is flashy. Yet him and no one on the Portland Trailblazers didn't really have a chance to blossom because of the injury problems and also the Nate McMillan never had the same lineup all year so people were still trying to find their place on the team and the roster even towards the end of the season.

Steve Blake and Jarret Jack were pretty good this season, but Sebastian Telfair needs to play within the flow of the team and sometimes he's even too quick for the ball.

Rabs_One 06-20-2006 01:45 PM

Telfairs got talent, but undoubtably well overrated, I would love to see him in another jersey n give him a fresh start. But in the end i'd say hes a joy to watch like the old Starbury but needs a team with players with more knowledge for the NBA game rather than just basketball.

kumquat 06-20-2006 02:22 PM

I don't think he'll be much more than a jason williams type. Superb court vision, but doesn't seem like a guy that would take you to the playoffs. I know it's ironic that I mentioned Jason Williams, so I should say lead you to a championshiop. Jarret will get the starting spot next year, now that his ankle has had surgery.

Wicked_1 06-21-2006 05:15 PM

i think he is overated, great speed and handles but he needs to be in an offense were he runs the show and runs like Dallas or Phoniex. Nate is a control freak that wont let him freelance. He wont ever be good in Portland.

He definately needs to work on his outside shooting he confidence in his shot was terrible they were giving it to him everytime. I think Jack is much better player than he is, its just that Telfais is such a high profile player it's hard not to give him his time. i think NOW is the best time to trade him while his stock is still high before it starts to dwindle in a year or two while he sits on teh bench.

SJellen 06-23-2006 04:25 PM

i keep him becuase hes cheap and has upside. blakes contract is up in 07. telfair would only net a second round pick. thats fine if your into packing your d league.

of course you can always con the knick out of there 29th pick