Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Dallas Mavericks Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Give Quis a Chance? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=945)

billie the tree 06-09-2006 05:05 PM

Give Quis a Chance?

What should the Mavs do with Quis next season?

Silent Mav 06-09-2006 07:03 PM

Tough question Billie. I would first want to know if he really is in Avery's doghouse or not. If he is, then he will probably be moved. Someone will be willing to take on his contract and hope he will play like he did when he got it. If he's not, then do you try to groom him to take Stack's role when he's gone? Will Stack even be here the whole season? If the Mavs are in a battle around trade time, his expiring contract might be used to bring someone in for the stretch run. Finally, if the Mavs are going to develop Marshall and think he has potential, then that could be a factor in moving Quis.

dirkdiggler41 06-10-2006 09:55 AM

Somehow I feel we should keep him. This season a lot of our guards was hurt so we had to sign Griffin. Everybody was saying that the mavs was so deep, but it did not look like that

Locked_Up_Tonight 06-10-2006 11:42 AM

They should get rid of Marquis. For whom or where I have no idea. But I bet he will be gone by draft night.

dirkdiggler41 06-10-2006 12:14 PM

The best thing that could happend would be if he had one great game in the finales so we could get a lot more for him

It would never happend, but if we traded Jason Terry or Josh Howard we would get a lot of value back

Pandaemonaeon 06-10-2006 07:05 PM

I just don't think Quis fits with what we're doing here anymore. He had much more success when we had Walker and Nash making plays for him and deliberate switches that allows him to post up smaller guards.

WilliamPhiladelphiaSmith 06-12-2006 12:09 AM

asf

Honestly, FishEyes ****ing sucks.

Better off letting Harris improve, and acknowledging Stackhouse.

Unleash beast Mbenga too.

billie the tree 06-13-2006 02:26 AM

Can we get a 15-20 draft pick for him?

Silent Mav 06-13-2006 11:21 AM

An undrafted FA with a 5 mil a year price tag? Only Isiah would do such a thing.

What is odd though, they were interviewing Stack the other day and he said that Quis would be a superstar on any other team. So obviously there is something there. Stack's seen a few players over the years and doesn't seem like the type to just throw that out there.

insidehoops 06-17-2006 08:47 PM

It seems they think Marquis is more of a fill-in talent than anything else

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork 06-18-2006 12:06 PM

re:

he's only on the roster so Avery can cop a feel from time to time.

kevon305 06-19-2006 04:06 PM

send him away

Quote:

Originally Posted by billie the tree
What should the Mavs do with Quis next season?

I think there is no reason to keep him.Its obvious that A.J doesn't have confidence in him.The reason is simple he's always a turn over waiting to happen.Look at all the passes he made in the finals.They were like too late and a heat player always saw them.Game 5 was his best.He had a T.O but it was a Posey charge and he seems not to be scoring.He's one of those players that needs to increase their offensive arsenal in the summer.Those players that always start good coz no one knows who they are and what their gm is like but after theY're studied on film they are done.

DatZNasty 06-20-2006 01:10 AM

Wade scored one bucket with Quis in the game last nite

kevon305 06-21-2006 06:47 AM

mr Me Too

Yeah I did see Wade struggle with Quis in.He didn't turn the ball over (wow) almost got one but saved it.But AJ took him out after he rimmed a jumper in and out.Maybe he wasn't supposed to take the shot but it seems that maybe if Aj could show him a little confidence he might get back from his neck injury.I mean he's their best real sg and the only one who could run with Jet on their breaks.

hamburgerbuddy33 06-25-2006 10:14 PM

:rockon: bak wen don was coachin them he started and looked maybe even better than howard
i guess avery has a problemo wit him because i think he could be a superstar
hopefully they trade him so he can shine