Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shutting down your thread with knowledge and intelligence DJ Leon Smith's Avatar

Default Re: Top 5 Reasons for Jordan Over Lebron

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    You and the Op needs to get a room, and go F*ck yourselves.

You need some rest and relaxation.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Leon Smith
    You need some rest and relaxation.

Nah, I am just messing with you. OP is a troll. Jeff already banned his primary account.

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    In 21 out of the 24 years since 1991, the team leader in shot attempts (#1 option) on the Finals-winning team took more than 25.56% of the team's shots - which means that the load Lebron took on in 2014 Finals (25.56% of his team's shots) was not a large load, and the notion that he couldn't have done more, or that no one else would've done more, is wrong - 21 out of the last 24 did more.

The data shows that it's reasonable to ask Lebron to take more shots - because it WAS feasible - and since it was feasible and his team needed it, he should be blamed for not providing it.

The Heat needed it because they had the worst offense of any Spurs opponent - and even though the media ignores this fact, the Heat's offense hurt them as much as their defense.

The strengths of each team's offense affects the game's momentum (confidence, optimism, energy, adrenaline, etc.)... The Heat's bad offense and inability to answer the Spurs buckets contributed to the Spurs' momentum and the way the games progressed as much as bad defense... The Heat's defense had a harder job due to their bad offense that couldn't limit the Spurs momentum.

A more consistent effort throughout the games from Lebron would have made the difference in limiting the Spurs momentum - the only games the Heat had a chance to win were Games 1 and 2, where he was either on pace for, or actually got 35 points on 22 shots exactly - all coming when it mattered.

So people don't really know what they are talking about when they say it wouldn't have mattered if Lebron had shot more (like he did in Games 1 and 2)... Dallas, OKC and Portland all had better offenses that could limit Spurs momentum to make it easier on their defense, and consequently, they all did better vs the Spurs than the Heat.

But despite it being both feasible (4th smallest load in 24 years) and necessary (the Heat had the worst offense which hurt them as much as bad defense)), Lebron opted to continue his high efficiency, low-shot-attempt style like a fat cat on Wallstreet, hoarding his FG% and low-risk load like profits during an economic meltdown - but this approach failed to disrupt the Spurs defense or attract sufficient defensive attention to free up his teammates.

So I'll ask again - since when does a guy that didn't pass (turnovers equaled his assists) or play defense (blew his assignment on the Finals MVP) or take on a large load (4th smallest in 24 years) - so he basically just GOT HIS in a blowout loss - get to walk away without any blame?.. only when it makes monetary sense to keep up the MJ comparisons.
    Goddam dude, you just went ham. Bran stans shook

I loved the bolded part

And I totally agree with your premise, LeBron, as the best offensive Heat player, needed to be much more aggressive and try to assert his will like a certain GOAT used to when his team needed him the most. By being more aggressive, LeBron would've gotten to the FT more, he would've put fouls on Leonard and other Spurs and he would've commaded more defensive attention, therefore opening better looks for his teammates. At the very least he should've tried but never really did. I was really disappointed in his Finals performance. Stats look nice but watching the games, he had minimal impact.

Obviously, Bran's beloved FG% would drop if he shot more and we can't have that
    Last edited by TheMan; 08-16-2014 at 03:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by riseagainst
    you only need 2/5 of those reasons to realize that MJ is better than lebron.
    How do you have a red bar? Repped

The Man, he never went "ham"

He's just stealing posts from other boards... Dude is probably a lil teen

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Other Jordan FG's on Rodman

Last edited by 3ball; 02-11-2015 at 09:20 AM.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

They are all my own posts that i'm "stealing".

Regarding the ring debate - 4 out of 5 of Lebron's Finals appearances are a result of getting career do-overs on two separate occasions where he hand-picked his new organization along with veteran all-pro teammates (if only every human could be so lucky in their careers to get do-overs like this).

The fact that Jordan didn't get to hand-pick his organization and supporting cast of all-stars is evident when you look at how much more he had to do by himself to win his championships:

1) MJ had to take a much larger proportion of his teams shots

2) He had to score 25% more points per 36 minutes in the playoffs (that's 25% more scoring every 3 quarters!!)

3) He had to score a whopping 10 more ppg in the Finals..

4) His usage had to be 20% higher on better efficiency Ortg (118 to 115)

5) His clutch play had to be goat.

Why did Jordan have to do so much more to win his championships(scoring, shot attempts, usage)?.... the only possible reason is that Jordan had less help... the numbers have to add up, and there is no way that Jordan had to do so much more for his rings but somehow had equal help.. 2+2 has to equal 4.
    [COLOR="White"].[/COLOR]
    B... b.... bu....bu... but.... but.... Pippen!!!

1) better offensive player
    2) better defensive player

do I really need more than 2 out of 5?

Banned

Wow this thread really enlightened me

After some carefully consideration, and using some advanced stats, I revised my rankings

1. LeBron
    2. Kareem
    3. Wilt
    4. Shaq.
    5. Jordan

Good job OP

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    Good LAWD the ether. It's been awhile since I've seen an entire fan base slayed this badly. Blood everywhere. Decaptitated the LeStan Brigade.

Wowzers.

And honestly I've been saying that this entire time. Specifically regarding the 2014 Finals. It wasn't the Heat just playing poorly. LeBron failed to truly give it his all, or throw caution to the wind to remain actually competitive. Or dare to inspire his troops.

Since 2012, he has coasted, paddes his FG% low risk, probably due to his fear of failure. Survivor mode, instead of KILLER mode. It's visible within his character. And it's a flaw. Tremendous talent, totally a cowardly lion when it comes to having heart. When the chips are down, Bron folds.
    Anything you say about LeBron is still >> Jordan's 1-9

Jordan jumped way higher and had better explosion off vertical which was a big advantage in traffic... Kobe is pretty good of a vertical too - and both those guys had the physique that was conducive for scoring effectively in traffic, where their vertical ability was needed.

In contrast, Lebron is actually only okay off a vertical and his physique is not conducive for mitigating defenders in traffic... Here's Lebron off a drop-step (one-step vertical), where he gets stuffed on a game winning attempt and the Heat lost... He didn't have good explosion.

Whereas, in the same spot, Jordan drop-steps with a lot more lift and explosion.

Here's another one where they are both doing the exact same move that ends up with them jumping off two feet, and Jordan has quite a bit more lift.

Lebron going up weak off two feet after jumpstop.. can't dunk:

Jordan in Exact Same Spot, Exact Same Move and Jumpstop, Goes up A Lot Stronger:

Last edited by 3ball; 11-18-2014 at 05:39 AM.

It can't be scoring output like PPG, because Jordan leads that all-time (30.1 ppg regular season.. 33.6 in playoffs)

It can't be PER, because Jordan has the highest career PER ever for the regular season and playoffs.

It can't be Ortg, because Jordan's Usage/Ortg combo is the highest of all time (35% usage with 118 Ortg)

It can't be winshares, because Jordan leads everyone in that too as well as WS/48.

So i'm curious what advanced stats you were looking at.

High School Varsity 6th Man

Quote Originally Posted by dubeta
    Anything you say about LeBron is still >> Jordan's 1-9

You can tell your kids about Jordan 1-9 but 6/6 final. They will figure it out for you who's better.

It can't be scoring output like PPG, because Jordan leads that all-time (30.1 ppg regular season.. 33.6 in playoffs)

It can't be PER, because Jordan has the highest career PER ever for the regular season and playoffs.

It can't be Ortg, because Jordan's Usage/Ortg combo is the highest of all time (35% usage with 118 Ortg)

It can't be winshares, because Jordan leads everyone in that too as well as WS/48.

So i'm curious what advanced stats you were looking at.
    LeBron is bigger!!!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    LeBron is bigger!!!
    Especially down there..