View Single Post
Old 01-12-2010, 12:53 PM   #9
fljumper
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Default Re: whenever I play ball my knees hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggin916
Resting sucks when you want to play... but you just have to.

Yeah, I've got some really painful shin splints I've been dealing with for a month now, lucky if I can play twice a week (when they flare up I can barely jump off the ground, it affects my game so much I don't want to play when they're bad). Typically I can play once a week and be fine that one day I play (even than I can't play more than 2-3 hrs without them flaring up again). If I try playing 2-3 days within the last tim I played, forget it, can't jump, just not worth going out on the court. I train legs pretty rigorously in the gym about 3 days after I play ball, this doesn't bother my shins at all. I started playing solely indoors about a month ago, also ice my shins down religiously after any leg training. Bought a new pair of shoes, and compression sleeves for my calves a couple weeks ago. Anyone have any tips, these things are really starting to get to me. Also, I massage my calves to the best of my ability a few minutes a few times a week. I know I need to start incoporating some more stretching and some take a little longer to warm up (usually up flying around dunking on people about 5 min withing walking in the gym, can't help it, lol). Any advice would be appreciated.

Also, I'm starting a league in two weeks, I plan (sometimes the urge to go play is way to tempting) on taking off from leg training/playing until than in hopes that they could fully heal by than.
fljumper is offline   Reply With Quote