View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012, 01:12 PM   #79
jlauber
3-time NBA All-Star

jlauber is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejlauber is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejlauber is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejlauber is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejlauber is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejlauber is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejlauber is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejlauber is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejlauber is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejlauber is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejlauber is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Wilt Chamberlain free throw dunks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asukal
Look, I don't question Wilt's greatness, I believe he is one of if not the best player to ever play basketball. I am not of his era so I didn't watch any of his games. I question the inconsistency of Wilt's claim to Tex's statement just to prove to jlauber that Wilt is not innocent of exaggerating his tales. MY GOD! Jlauber believes Wilt is a better FT shooter than Hakeem because he made more free throws!

First of all, I have NEVER claimed that Wilt was a better FT shooter than Hakeem. However, Hakeem, himself was BELOW average. Let's not make him out like a Yao Ming here. So, a 70% FT shooter is somewhat better than a 50% shooter. BUT, Wilt's IMPACT at the LINE, was dramatically better than his percentage. He put opposing players and TEAMs in foul trouble, and he and his teammates benefitted in a variety of ways because of it.
jlauber is offline   Reply With Quote