View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 10:21 PM   #5
Grinder

Default Re: Grinder any international prospects for 2012 draft?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Seems like this draft will be flooded with good ole fashion Americans. Curious if you were aware of any international prospects that may make a play into the first round or be worth a look 2nd rd.

Best international prospect is Jeffery Taylor from Sweden but I guess he doesn't really count because he played 4 years for Vandy. Probably a mid first rounder - 6'7" lockdown defender at the 3 spot, elite athlete, can knock down open 3s.

As for "true" international prospects, Evan Fournier is probably the only one that has a chance to go first round. He's had a great season in France and is a legit 6'7" wing with a lot of talent and good ball skills.

As Maga said, Nedovic and Satoransky could get drafted in the second round, both are really athletic but don't have a true position and haven't had the best seasons. I think Furkan Aldemir (Turkey) and Tornike Shengelia (Georgia) are better NBA prospects. Both have played and seen significant minutes at a high level in the Euroleague and are ready to contribute right away.

Aldemir doesn't do much offensively but he's a hustler, excellent rebounder, pretty athletic, and could potentially be a Taj Gibson type player if he can get a jumper.

Shengelia really impressed me in the European championships. He's a 6'9" combo forward, really athletic, rebounds well, and has a decent looking jumper. He can slash pretty well and shows a lot of intriguing traits. His game needs to be refined though and he plays in a below average league. I like his potential the most out of everyone except for Fournier in this group.

There's this Bosnian kid, Nihad Djedovic, who's pretty good too. He's a pure scoring wing and can fill it up quickly. I don't think he's got enough exposure to get drafted though. Could see him in the NBA a few years down the line as a free agent.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote