View Single Post
Old 06-29-2012, 01:56 PM   #1
Pushxx
Anti-NBA Hipster

Pushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation here
Default Who will succeed in the NBA more: Royce White or Jared Sullinger?

Jared Sullinger (6'9") and Royce White (6'8") have a lot of similarities. Both are PFs who are probably too slow to defend athletic NBA SFs.

Biggest differences:
  • White's handle and court vision are far superior to Sullinger's.
  • Sullinger's jumper and post skills are superior to White's.
  • Sullinger has potential back issues. White has potential anxiety/persnality issues.
Basically, we are looking at a jump shot versus play-making.

I take Sullinger over White. I think White's strength will not translate as well to the NBA.

White is going to get Rajon Rondo treatment because of his nonexistent jumper and terrible free throw shooting (49.8% FT). I see him struggling to create in the half court since he will not be beating people off the dribble and he can't bull his way through the NBA like he did in college.

On the other hand, Sullinger's career may follow the path of Big Baby, who had his shot blocked countless times before he figured out how to score at the NBA level.

What do you think? Who will succeed more in the NBA? Royce White or Jared Sullinger?
Pushxx is offline   Reply With Quote