View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012, 02:31 AM   #10
Burgz V2
Decent college freshman

Burgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: What do you do when you're having a bad game.

basketball is a game of percentages. I always tell myself that. Sometimes makes me feel better if im playing like $hit haha

But there is one thing you have to keep in mind:

there is a difference between missing a lot of bad shots and missing a lot of good shots.

you should always question, "why did I just miss that shot?"

If you find yourself saying, "that was a good shot, I just missed" then I keep taking that shot. If not you're more likely to find yourself on the bench, there is nothing worse than a player that doesn't take a good shot because of some internal psychological battle he is having. It's a team game and you hurt your TEAM if you don't take those good shots.

Now if you are answering "that was a bad shot/ my shot selection is terrible" then you have to find out why you either a) felt the need to take a bad shot and/or b) why you were in that position in the first place

I always say that if i can't tell the difference between a good and bad shot I'm most likely gonna have a rough game.

Once that happens there are many things you can do to help your team win. I've always been a defensive minded player so I try and step in for charges, crash the boards more frequently, make an extra pass if it's there, anything to get me back into the flow of the game
Burgz V2 is offline   Reply With Quote