Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease ThyGreatOne's Avatar

Default Re: Time to trade Dirk?

Quote Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
    Amare would be a better fit for JKidd than Dirk. Amare loves to run and would be catching alley-oops left and right. He is a better compliment to Kidd. I honestly think this makes both sides better.
    please tell me you all are joking right? you got to be? Amare for Dirk? why trade a true MVP candidate in Amare for a glorified role player? Dirk is soft man, this would be a terrible trade for the Suns, once Shaq is off the books Amare becomes the only low post threat we got, Dirk is not a consistent low post threat and would be a terrible addition to our team. there is NO way the Suns if not willing to trade Amare for KG last season will trade him for Dirk this season.

   

lol... another delirious suns fan whose brains have been scorched by the desert heat.

Omg the Dirk hating has hit an all time high! Dirk a role player? Oh man I've seen it all now.

Banned

Dirk for Amare? lol Not only do the Suns get ripped off they also have to send someone else back in order for the salaries to match. Terrible terrible trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Mdog1
    Dirk for Amare? lol Not only do the Suns get ripped off they also have to send someone else back in order for the salaries to match. Terrible terrible trade.
    PREACH!! these "dallas" fans are entitled to their thoughts and ideas, but i will keep with mine, terrible trade idea for the Suns. keep Amare, let dallas keep its glorified role player!

   

i'm not a regular in this area but i'm pretty sure nobody here cares about the delusions of suns fans.

i recommend you try this same kind of nonsense in the lakers area if you really want some action.

Quote Originally Posted by ThyGreatOne
    PREACH!! these "dallas" fans are entitled to their thoughts and ideas, but i will keep with mine, terrible trade idea for the Suns. keep Amare, let dallas keep its glorified role player!
    Yes I agree with you that no idiot would trade Amare for Dirk. He's younger and has the potential to have a better career then Dirk.

I guess some Phoenix fans are still angry that some "glorified role player" scored 50 on them and eliminated them from the 06 WCF almost single handingly.

Local High School Star Silent Mav's Avatar

I wouldn't worry about the Suns fan. When I brought up that Dirk had accomplished more than Nash, and that people thought his 2 MVP's were shams, and did that make him a role player, he didn't even respond. Or maybe seeing his stats this year without D'antoni and age creeping up, he knows it's true.

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    i'm not a regular in this area but i'm pretty sure nobody here cares about the delusions of suns fans.
    the thing i dont get is i never called any of you any kind of names, never jump all over your MAVS and i been only saying one player on the team is good, but not great and is a glorified role player, yet you all feel the need to name call and try to make things personal, i dont understand that, if you want to have a nice good clean chat i am all for it. but you all seem incapable of that, well let me rephrase that some of you.

personally i think the MAVS in general are on a decline, as well as the Suns, much like one another we got older and the rest of the west has got better. much like one another we made trades for future Hall of Fame players, and yet to have gotten any real rewards in that. i dont really see what Cuban is doing upon making that deal for J. Kidd, yet maybe one of you can fill me in? from what i seen its not been all that great of a trade, then again the Suns didnt do to much after we got Shaq.

i do look for both teams to rebound this season and not be victims of trying to do to much in to short of time, neither team really gave its self a real shot by pulling off trades the caliber of which they did as late in the season as they did. i am curious to see what the Mavs do with a full year of J. Kidd.. thus far i am going to say so far so good for the Suns and the new coaching staff, i got more ideas on that matter but this is a Dallas Mavs forum and i am a "guest" so i will keep it as Mavs as possible.

do any of you see the possibility of someone being traded lets say by the trade dead line? is it to early in the season to even consider that? i am not totally against the Mavs trading Dirk, but i mean what are you going to get in return? you gave up a heck of a lot to get Kidd as it was. and all hazing aside Dirk is better then a glorified role player but i do not see him as a star, i think guys like him are as good as the team around them. you know what i mean? and him being your best weapon its natural his name is tossed out there as trade potential by the various media outlets. the only way trading Dirk will benefit the Mavs is to take on an expiring contract so they will have cap space to get some free agents. other then that i would venture to keep him, he is very talented and does a very good job with the players he is been surrounded by.

now as far as NASH is concerned, here is your reply. i think this new look offense and taking it a possession at a time is killing Nash's game, he needs to run, get out on the break and create, the offense Porter has us running is inside, outside, and a lot of set plays, its making Nash seem more and more ineffective to be honest, i think Nash is better suited for a Run and Gun team much like D'Antoni had when he was the coach, that offense was tailor made to maximize Nash and his abilities. the way things are now i feel Nash and his role has been reduced and you can tell he is not comfortable out there, look at the amount of turnovers he already has compiled. i hate to say trade Nash but if you are not going to run the offense in a way that makes him as much of a threat as possible then why keep him? i dont know about all this he will figure it out stuff, teams are finding ways to beat the Suns by making Nash a scorer and keeping him from being a play maker, its a fact we win less when Nash leads the team in scoring and his assists are down, now some of that is credited to the teams learning and getting better but i also feel its credited to the new system and offensive philosophy we got going out here.

feel free to reply and share your thoughts, i would love to hear them, sorry if i have offended anyone with the 'glorified' role player thing, like i said it was my ideas, and thoughts, not like i felt anyone here was going to share them lol!
    Last edited by ThyGreatOne; 11-11-2008 at 08:08 PM.

   

Quote Originally Posted by ThyGreatOne
    the thing i dont get is i never called any of you any kind of names, never jump all over your MAVS and i been only saying one player on the team is good, but not great and is a glorified role player, yet you all feel the need to name call and try to make things personal, i dont understand that, if you want to have a nice good clean chat i am all for it. but you all seem incapable of that, well let me rephrase that some of you.
    some decent analysis in the body of your post but i guess when you walk in some place with a chip on your shoulder and are unaware of it then you might be surprised at peoples' reactions to you.

i'm not even a mavs fan (i'm a kidd and a nets fan) and even -i- was offended by your classless and clueless comments about dirk. calling a former MVP a "glorified role player" in the mavs area is both disrespectful and clueless. but as you grow up and learn some basic manners and common sense i'm sure you'll be able to have the productive conversations you say that you are looking for.

but as you grow up and learn some basic manners and common sense i'm sure you'll be able to have the productive conversations you say that you are looking for.
    hate to say it... but one might say the same thing about your comments... but at this point its a mute point... i'm already over your comments as they were meaningless and pointless to boot... you wanna talk basketball we can do that... you wanna trash talk, cool, if that is your thing, its whatever son

   

get a clue. i'm not the one who walked into a team area and started talking smack about one of their players.

Ich Liebe die Bulls! CelticForce1349's Avatar

Hi guys, I am a Bulls fan. I am just wondering what it would take in your eyes to for the Bulls to acquire Dirk? Obviously, Rose is off-limits...

Can you give me an idea of what Mav's fans would think is fair?

Saw a basketball once GUS DIDDLES's Avatar

y would u want to trade dirk
    but i have no problems taking him of ur hands
    so i made a trade its really silly but trading dirk is just as silly

denver gets
    dirk
    tyrus thomas
    joakim noah

dallas gets
    k-mart
    nene
    ceddric simmons

the bulls get
    jason terry

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...~6~6&te=&cash=

that would make our team unstopable

billups/ac
    jr/jones/weems
    melo/kleiza/balkman
    dirk/tyrus/birdman
    noah/samb/hunter

anyway that piece of bull**** was fun while it lasted

some decent analysis in the body of your post but i guess when you walk in some place with a chip on your shoulder and are unaware of it then you might be surprised at peoples' reactions to you.

i'm not even a mavs fan (i'm a kidd and a nets fan) and even -i- was offended by your classless and clueless comments about dirk. calling a former MVP a "glorified role player" in the mavs area is both disrespectful and clueless. but as you grow up and learn some basic manners and common sense i'm sure you'll be able to have the productive conversations you say that you are looking for.
    Exactly what I was going to say as I read his long post.

In my opinion though Dirk will not be traded especially this season. The only way I see him ever getting traded is if he demands a trade, and I don't see that happening.