Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: Which class is harder: Physics or Pre-Calculus

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Glove_20 put up or shut up. You always run your mouth and repeat the same shyt in thread like this. I mean everything was so easy that you didnt have to do this, that and the third (lame ass bragging/boasting towards others who put in time, didnt get the grade u got and/or found it difficult). Yet its not easy to back up the shyt you talk here.

You are a f*cking mensa member who passed up a Rhodes Scholarship because to you? Well you didnt have to prove to those losers you were smarter than them. Nothing was being taught you didnt know ahead of time. Investment banker who could have been a Bio Chemical Engineer but that was for suckers who couldnt hack it as an Investment Banker.

You never lose when gambling. You are ALWAYS up. And if you go 0-10? Well that doesnt matter because you won your *locks* which are 2, 3 times the amount you bet on regular games. Yanno those 10 losses? That "loss" in $$$$ was negated from the *locks* you made. So you made out. I mean you ALWAYS do. I've never met a person who gambled on sports regulary not lose. Never a down week. A down month. A down year. It doesnt exist.

Everything in life is easy to Glove_20 yet he never proves a thing. You just yap yap yap or in other words type type type. Show us visual proof of the things you do. You can EASILY (your favorite word no?) do it but always have an excuse. Much like when your teams come up short after your bogus gurantees go flop (the sound of a turd hitting the water).

Same clown who says you never met no one your size stronger than you. I've never heard that. Who says crap like that?

Enough of you typing. Start uploading and proving the things you post here. I mean afterall all those things were EASY to do. Why shouldnt this be the same?

And dont mistake this post for me saying everything you type is a lie. Its moreso to say you have done enough shyt talking here. Now its time to back it up. Put up or shut the f*ck up.
    Amen

rank sentamentalist

HS equivalency course in what subject, physics or math?

Obviously, if you haven't taken any math beyond pre-calc, then you won't be able to take physics. At the minimum you need to have completed calc 1 before you take your first physics class. Some schools might allow concurrent enrollment, but I would advise against that.

Any school you go to should have the necessary math and physics courses you need so a HS equivalency test, class, or whatever isn't necessary. Just start taking math classes at your current level and work your way up. You don't need any foundation, besides math, to start taking physics, they assume you have no prior knowledge and start off with the basics.

You seem to me like a smart fellow, I wouldn't doubt for a second you could do it.
    Damn, good stuff. Thanks dude. I was talking about physics equivalency - I had no idea it was so dependent on Calc. So are you saying if I were to major in physics, I wouldn't even take any intro physics courses before first completing a basic understanding of pre-calc/calc?

NBA sixth man of the year

Well I've always been horrible in Physics... Barely passed Calc based Physics I with a D and I have to retake because I did so pisspoor in it. Don't know why, but this hate of Physics has gone on since my high school days. For example, I never got lower than an 88 in Calc II tests, but I never got higher than 70 in a Physics I test! I hate Physics with a passion.

Quote Originally Posted by RidonKs
    Damn, good stuff. Thanks dude. I was talking about physics equivalency - I had no idea it was so dependent on Calc. So are you saying if I were to major in physics, I wouldn't even take any intro physics courses before first completing a basic understanding of pre-calc/calc?
    There are physics courses that don't require calc, but those are a waste of time if you plan to major in the subject.. Yeah, you need calc.

Physics is a LOT of math. You will probably need to continue learning math the entire duration of your undergrad, and even some more if you continue on as a grad student.

rank sentamentalist

Quote Originally Posted by Parade
    There are physics courses that don't require calc, but those are a waste of time if you plan to major in the subject.. Yeah, you need calc.

Physics is a LOT of math. You will probably need to continue learning math the entire duration of your undergrad, and even some more if you continue on as a grad student.
    Well graduate school would be the plan. Math was always my forte up until shortly after HS when I abandoned it and opted for a social science type instead. Methinks I'd like to revisit it though...

Again, thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by RidonKs
    Well graduate school would be the plan. Math was always my forte up until shortly after HS when I abandoned it and opted for a social science type instead. Methinks I'd like to revisit it though...

Again, thanks for the help.
    RiDonks, why the sudden change of heart from english/humanities/philosophy type subjects to science/math?

rank sentamentalist

Quote Originally Posted by Glove_20
    RiDonks, why the sudden change of heart from english/humanities/philosophy type subjects to science/math?
    Eh, I'd rather not go in depth about it. I still love philosophy, politics, and literature, probably more than I ever have. Incredibly fascinating stuff, all of it. I guess I just realized the importance of hard sciences, particularly those that describe the physical world (ie. physics), and want to pursue that knowledge.

Also, stop capitalizing my d.