Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: There is one reason why Michael Jordan is the greatest of all-time

the bulls cast were all role players. like a bunch of glorified matt bonner's. you're an idiot if you think MJ had players of gasol, odom, bynums caliber combined. even pippen and kukoc don't make up for kobe's supporting cast relatively speaking.

MJ had the will of fire. i agree its what separates him from lebron in this series, MJ would have made better decisions and passes for easier buckets. lebron just doesn't have that fire all of the time like MJ did, and kobe has a little bit of it but not on MJ's level at all.

theres no overrating MJ, considering he could be the greatest athlete ever. not just NBA, and a lot of that has to do with his will.

One thing about MJ, specifically during the championship years, was that he never ever let you down. Guys like Mike Tyson, Kobe, even Tiger Woods seemed human at times, but MJ always pulled the rabbit out of the hat. He was like a real superhero, who even if he lost at the start, always won in the end.

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by TheTruth11
    His mind.
    MJ never failed to deliver. The most fierce and ferocious competitor the game has ever known with the possible exception of one Bill Russell.
    No one is never failed to deliver, growing up with ESPN will get you that thought... don't forget MJ failed in 1995, the Bulls was killed by Magic; even Russell lost twice, one to Bob Petit and the other one to Wilt, don't you forget that dude, MJ is not God and certainly he is not the greatest player of all time, he definitely is in the discusion of the GOAT joining Wilt, Russell and KAJ.

Bol'd over

Quote Originally Posted by Collie
    One thing about MJ, specifically during the championship years, was that he never ever let you down. Guys like Mike Tyson, Kobe, even Tiger Woods seemed human at times, but MJ always pulled the rabbit out of the hat. He was like a real superhero, who even if he lost at the start, always won in the end.
    Spot on.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by Collie
    this is what the NBA will never see again, the way the current NBA is cultured, the players care too much about their image now "oh if i take 30 shots and miss 20 i am gonna look so bad so i might as well keep passing." As much as i dislike kobe its gonna be a sad day when he leaves the NBA cuz he is the last player left in the NBA who isn't afraid to go 10-30, who isn't scared to take the last shot. Talent will always be there but the Mental toughness/heart in the players is on a steep decline, Lebron showed this today.

National High School Star

Marketing and timing.

Marketing and timing.

Bol'd over

Quote Originally Posted by monkeypox
    Marketing and timing.
    And this why I hardly ever come into the NBA forum anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Poodle
    the bulls cast were all role players. like a bunch of glorified matt bonner's. you're an idiot if you think MJ had players of gasol, odom, bynums caliber combined. even pippen and kukoc don't make up for kobe's supporting cast relatively speaking.

MJ had the will of fire. i agree its what separates him from lebron in this series, MJ would have made better decisions and passes for easier buckets. lebron just doesn't have that fire all of the time like MJ did, and kobe has a little bit of it but not on MJ's level at all.

theres no overrating MJ, considering he could be the greatest athlete ever. not just NBA, and a lot of that has to do with his will.
    SMH

Yes, his team was filled with people who should be 3rd string or in the D-League. The amount of Jordan hyperbolizing on this board has gotten out of hand. Pippen + kukoc < Pau + Bynum?

AK47DR91
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Derek Fisher only >>>> Kerr, Paxson, Cartwright, Wennington and BJ Armstrong combined.

With exception to Pippen, Rodman and Kukoc the rest of Jordan's teammates were scrubs.

And Ron Harper wasn't much of a player either once he left the Clippers.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Manute for Ever!
    MJ never had a decent centre by his side his whole career. Just saying...
    Kobe never had someone who can take over a game by himself like Jordan did when he wasn't playing great. Kobe knows that its all on him, we saw what happens when Pau is trusted to make a clutch play (not counting the putback layup, but I mean if he even choked that..) Good bigs are great to have but having someone that can create his own offense is greater. I mean Pippen would be top 50 on the list of the biggest hater of all time, gasol at this point is not top 50 on the list of biggest laker fan.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by AK47DR91
    Derek Fisher only >>>> Kerr, Paxson, Cartwright, Wennington and BJ Armstrong combined.

With exception to Pippen, Rodman and Kukoc the rest of Jordan's teammates were scrubs.

And Ron Harper wasn't much of a player either once he left the Clippers.
    they shouldnt allow computers in padded rooms

lol @ Kobe not ever having a good team around him. LOL. Replace Jordan with Kobe and they aren't winning 6 years and he's not winning 6 MVPs. Replace Kobe with Jordan to play with Shaq and they won't have very many bare fingers left.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Force
    lol @ Kobe not ever having a good team around him. LOL. Replace Jordan with Kobe and they aren't winning 6 years and he's not winning 6 MVPs. Replace Kobe with Jordan to play with Shaq and they won't have very many bare fingers left.
    Jordan and Shaq would have collapsed before 3 years. Kobe on Bulls have a better chance at 6 rings than Jordan and Shaq have at 3. Jordans ego is bigger than Kobe's. Shaq started flipping out when Kobe was being praised as the NEXT michael jordan, can you imagine how he'd be if announcers were telling him he's the 2nd option? And prime jordan WOULD want to be the 1st option.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by RazorBaLade
    Kobe never had someone who can take over a game by himself like Jordan did when he wasn't playing great. Kobe knows that its all on him, we saw what happens when Pau is trusted to make a clutch play (not counting the putback layup, but I mean if he even choked that..) Good bigs are great to have but having someone that can create his own offense is greater. I mean Pippen would be top 50 on the list of the biggest hater of all time, gasol at this point is not top 50 on the list of biggest laker fan.
    Good God, this forum is infested with morons. I really think it's time for me to move on maybe to RealGM. I heard they have good discussion over there. Kobe has nobody who can take the game over if he isn't playing great? Then WHAT THE F*CK WAS GASOL DOING IN THE ENTIRE FIRST ROUND???? You know, when Kobe was busy chucking up shots and playing BAD. How could the Lakers have won that series with the GREAT Kobe Bryant playing so poorly? I mean his team is nothing but scrubs who need him to dominate every single game to even have a chance at winning. Not even Kobe agrees with you morons. He said during that series that the beauty of his team is that he doesn't have to score 45-50 points anymore because he has other OPTIONS. Players who CAN score and impact the game if he's playing poorly. Don't EVEN get me started on Shaq years. Yeah, you're right, Kobe's NEVER had a player who can take over and win games when Kobe's having an off night. If you really believe that BS, then more power to you. It's late, I'm going to bed, and I've sh*tted on enough of you Kobe trolls tonight. I had a feeling if the Cavs lost tonight, the Kobe trolls would be out in full force, but I didn't expect it to be this bad.