Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Power32 (OJ Mayo) O.J A 6'4Mamba's Avatar

Default Re: Team USA vs France August 15, 2010 exhibition game thread

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    How'd Gordon do & anyone got a box score link?
    He had 7 or 8 points. But he played great only got in in the 2nd half. He is clearly our best shooting guard.

I don't know why people were so high on Stephen Curry. Yes, he is a great shooter, but let's no act like he shoots 60% in game from downtown and everybody else shoots 30%. He is too un explosive to play the shooting guard spot. Eric Gordon should start and play serious minutes there imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    Please stop making baseless excuses.

Rose was involved in scandals too and it looks like he will make the team.
    excuses or not it wasn't a fair tryout that's the point i was trying to make. That was what i believe was the reason. It maybe or it may not have been, but it certainly wasn't because he was vastly outplayed. He was the best player on his team statistically at the showcase, right there should have guarenteed him a spot to at least move on to the exhibition and even you have to admit it.

Root Of All Evil

Just re-watched this game. This team is in trouble. They are so soft, young, stupid, and not near as talented as you'd expect. Alot of these players barring a few look mighty SUSPECT in a defensive system that allows more aggressive play with hand checking. I'm seriously nervous. Relying on Rudy Gay and Danny Granger as elite scorers behind Durant (who plays terrible against physical contact) is a really frightening reality to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Swoosh
    Just re-watched this game. This team is in trouble. They are so soft, young, stupid, and not near as talented as you'd expect. Alot of these players barring a few look mighty SUSPECT in a defensive system that allows more aggressive play with hand checking. I'm seriously nervous. Relying on Rudy Gay and Danny Granger as elite scorers behind Durant (who plays terrible against physical contact) is a really frightening reality to me.
    Exactly if we win gold i'll be surprised. Coach K formed an awful team. We should have never let OJ Mayo and Tyreke Evans go. I am not saying that because I am an OJ Mayo fan, I am saying that because it is the truth.

They are both taller than anyone we have a shooting guard. Curry and Billups both lack explosiveness to play the shooting guard spot that's why they play point guard in the nba. Last time checked OJ was a great outside shooter.

Then we should have gotten rid of Westbrook much sooner than now, and put Curry as a backup pg. Rose Rondo let them run pg. Mayo Evans Gordon let them take care of scoring.

Right now Eric Gordon is probably our best overall guard for international play on the roster.

It is amazing how mortal Kevin Durant becomes without getting those phantom calls he gets in the game and going up against some 80's 90's style defenses.

This team is in some trouble and need to play A ball to win gold, and I never thought i would say it.

Root Of All Evil

Quote Originally Posted by O.J A 6'4Mamba
    It is amazing how mortal Kevin Durant becomes without getting those phantom calls he gets in the game and going up against some 80's 90's style defenses.
    He just looks atrocious period against physical defenses. It rattles him, clearly.

I would rather have Mayo's scoring capability than Curry, Westbrook, or even Rose.

Too small at the SG positions, and the people who are at proper height (Iggy) don't have elite level skills.

Mayo is by no means an elite scorer either, but jeesus on this team he'd instantly be in the top five, quite easily. I don't know how he'd fair against rough physical play though.

Gordon, and Billups handled it the best out there today. Which doesn't bode well for Team USA when two big PGs are having to play SG type games.

He just looks atrocious period against physical defenses. It rattles him, clearly.

I would rather have Mayo's scoring capability than Curry, Westbrook, or even Rose.

Too small at the SG positions, and the people who are at proper height (Iggy) don't have elite level skills.

Mayo is by no means an elite scorer either, but jeesus on this team he'd instantly be in the top five, quite easily. I don't know how he'd fair against rough physical play though.

Gordon, and Billups handled it the best out there today. Which doesn't bode well for Team USA when two big PGs are having to play SG type games.
    Gordon is an sg, and has little pg skill from what clip fans say. He is 6'3 but 220lbs so he can take the contact. Billups is strong also,but he lacks athletism to play that position which is why he is an pg. Mayo has gotten a lot stronger this off season and looks like a legit 210lbs.

We just have to do with what we have. Maybe we should try to run Durant at the sg spot for more size. Then put Gay and Granger or Iggy out on the wings.

I wish Rondo could finish in traffic he misses so many gimme layups. Rose needs to be more aggressive also and look to score.

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

Rudy Gay beasts once again

Root Of All Evil

Quote Originally Posted by brandonislegend
    Rudy Gay beasts once again
    Fugazy ass game. Doubt he continues it. Dude is a black hole.

NBA rookie of the year 04mzwach's Avatar

Default Re: France vs USA preparation game thread

Quote Originally Posted by joyner82
    He's as tall if not taller than Dwight and has a longer wingspan..although he doesn't have the explosiveness Dwight does nor the body currently.
    Is this suppose to be a serious post?

HA!

excuses or not it wasn't a fair tryout that's the point i was trying to make. That was what i believe was the reason. It maybe or it may not have been, but it certainly wasn't because he was vastly outplayed. He was the best player on his team statistically at the showcase, right there should have guarenteed him a spot to at least move on to the exhibition and even you have to admit it.
    What do statistics have to do with performing how your coach wants?

If Coach K thought OJ was better than Eric or Curry he'd be on the team....that is if his attitude doesn't stink.

7-time NBA All-Star OneMoreSucka's Avatar

Default Re: Just got back from team USA vs. team France at MSG

I enjoyed the "guess the player" game where chris bosh got boo'd to shit.

I wish I could one day go inside MSG.

Last time I was there I was at Penn Station where I got yelled at by those Italian guys in their pizza shop for taking too long to decide what I want but the pizza was awesome.

I wish Kevin love would get some more playing time. Great passer and just a fundamentally sound player...Oh well

Banned

Exactly if we win gold i'll be surprised. Coach K formed an awful team. We should have never let OJ Mayo and Tyreke Evans go. I am not saying that because I am an OJ Mayo fan, I am saying that because it is the truth.

They are both taller than anyone we have a shooting guard. Curry and Billups both lack explosiveness to play the shooting guard spot that's why they play point guard in the nba. Last time checked OJ was a great outside shooter.

Then we should have gotten rid of Westbrook much sooner than now, and put Curry as a backup pg. Rose Rondo let them run pg. Mayo Evans Gordon let them take care of scoring.

Right now Eric Gordon is probably our best overall guard for international play on the roster.

This team is in some trouble and need to play A ball to win gold, and I never thought i would say it.

Tyreke Evans would have been an epic failure in FIBA basketball against the better national teams.
    Last edited by Lakas Fan Yo; 08-16-2010 at 03:38 PM.

Banned

It's so hilarious how the European members here told all the Americans how Durant would not be the same against FIBA defense and we were bashed endlessly for that and told how Durant would easily average 30 and dominate everyone. Welcome to reality.

The defense in the NBA these days is practically non-existent.