Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: NBA 2K11 Association Mode

Just finished Game 4 against the Thunder in the 1st round and we completed the sweep

This was our largest victory with a score of 112-92. But don't let the score fool you, this game was the toughest yet. The CPU came out firing on all cylinders. Russell Westbrook even hit a 60ft buzzer beater on me

My best players got into foul trouble (Roy, Aldridge, Oden). Roy only got to play 30 minutes because of fouls, but he came through in the 4th quarter to close out the Thunder.

Here are the stats from my starters:

Brandon Roy: 24 (8 points in the 4th quarter)/4/5/2/1 He had no turnovers this game 8-15 FG

LaMarcus Aldridge: 22/4/3/1/2 (He had 1 turnover) 10-18 FG

Gerald Wallace: 19/7/0/3/4 (He had 3 turnovers) 7-11 FG

D.J. Augustin: 18/0/3/2/1 (He had no turnovers this game) 7-13 FG

Greg Oden: 6/1/1 (He had 1 turnover) He had bad stats because he only played 15 minutes due to foul trouble

He isn't a starter but I have to mention him. My Sixth Man, Wesley Matthews. He's been struggling in this series, but he came to play in this game. In 26 minutes of play here are his stats:

Wesley Matthews: 17/4/4/1/2 (He had no turnovers this game) 6-17 FG 3-6 3PT

Now I know he didn't shoot too well, but he made shots when they counted. He really helped provide a spark for us and helped us stretch the lead in the 4th quarter so B Roy could come and close.

Well now it's on to Round 2 where we'll most likely face the Suns who have a 3-1 lead against the Rockets

Conley , 20 minutes, 36 points, 10 assists, 15/27, 6/14 3pt
    Allen, 20 minutes, 35 points, 12/19, 11/17 3pt

Just beat the best team in the league by 3.

Conley dropped 41 (really coming good now, 83-84 overall)
    Ray Allen dropped 27 (86 Overall)

Banned

Made a new association yesterday arvo, was kinda bored with Gordon, Reke, DMC and 7'6 beast but might go back to it.

Anyway, chose the lakers and did a serpentine draft and gave myself the 5th pick in the hope that Wade or Bron would stick around because i wanted to build a fast break team. Anyway, they didn't but i got KD out of it and team looks like this:

Ibaka
    Durant
    Wright
    Ray Ray
    Felton

Brad Miller
    Channing Frye
    Korver
    Peja
    Webster
    Mills
    Carney

Ratings wise it's pretty average but Durant can light it up and all of them can make the 3 besides Ibaka but i needed some sort of interior D

Lost game one thanks in part to Steve Nash doin his usual thing and Yi Jianlian playing out of his skin, couldn't stop him but won game 2 by double digits.

King of Chicago DRoseOwnsACamry's Avatar

Anyone else get bothered when elite teams don't bring back their coaches?
    This happens all the time for some reason. The Bulls don't bring back Tom Thibodeau, Celtics don't bring back Doc Rivers, Miami doesn;t bring back Spoelstra even though they have 60+ win seasons... It annoys me.

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    I did prime Shaq with Penny last year on 2K10 and ran with the Magic. I never had a favorite team as a kid but, like every other "90's kid" I pretty much worshiped Michael Jordan. But, i also always really liked the Shaq/Penny Magic teams. In fact, I probably actually liked the Magic more as a team in the 90's than the Bulls.

You can probably find a pretty good CAP prime Shaq on 2K share if you just go on there and and search for "Shaquille O'neal" or "Shaq". That's how I downlaoded a bunch of classic players on 2K10 last year when they didn't have all of these classic teams.

If you don't want to do that, then here's what I would suggest.

1. Obviously, make him younger -- 21-24 years old.

2. Knock his weight down to the 300-310 pound range. I believe he was around that weight when he entered the league.

3. Google pictures of Shaq from when he was in Orlando and alter his hair/accessories accordingly. I know he went bald pretty early in his career but, if I recall correctly, he used to have a fade or something.

4. As for ratings: up his vert, quickness, low post offense, shot low-post, shot close, dunk, standing dunk, shot in traffic, and put his potential in the 90's.

I made the Shaq I downloaded off 2K Share 22 years old (his age at the start of his 3rd season) and altered some ratings to make him about a 92 or 93 overall. With his potential, though, he was up to high 90's in just a couple of seasons.

This is one thing I have a lot of fun doing. I get bored playing just one dynasty all the time but, as has been the case for awhile, I don't get completely tired of the actual game until after the playoffs. Last year I went through 2K Share and downloaded a bunch of different classic players. I just went to the "Player DNA" section, sorted by highest rated, and downloaded the players I thought were the closest to their real-life counterparts. I think in the end I had 30-35 classic players including about every great center: KAJ, Wilt, Russell, Shaq, Hakeem, Ewing and Robinson. I didn't include Michael Jordan but did download players like Pippen, Barkley, Malone, Reggie Miller, C-Webb, Mark Price, Julius Erving, Bernard King, Isiah Thomas, Moses Malone, Latrell Sprewell, Mitch Richmond, Dan Marjele, Kevin Johnson, Clyde Drexler, and James Worthy to name a few.

I made them all free agents and did a fantasy draft. I can't remember the exact team I played with, but I gave myself the 7th or 8th pick, did a 'serpentine' style draft, and ended up with Hakeem, Bernard King, and Mark Price. There were a lot of loaded teams since I added 25 HOF caliber players and another 5-10 former all-star caliber players.

I decided to keep the ratings as they were and just drop his age so he wouldn't retire at the end of this year, because he ALWAYS does

So I started a Phoniex Suns association, 8 min quarters, HOF, and default sliders. The current lineup looks like this

PG: Steve Nash, Aaron Brooks, Daniel Gibson

SG: Vince Carter, Jared Dudley

SF: Grant Hill, Mikael Peitrus,

PF: Brandon Bass, Gani Lawal

C: Shaq, Gortat, Siler?

This team is unreal. We have the second rated offense in the league and scoring points is what we do. However, I have geared the offense around an inside out attack where Shaq bullies down on the low block until the team reacts by double teaming him and then dishing it out to a shooter. This offense works great and leads to a lot of open looks. Once the other team tries to adjust again to try to contain the shooters, I run pick and rolls with Shaq and Bass and that leads to and ones and open layups. All of our front court is strong( strength rating of 85 or higher ) so we can usually muscle the shots in even with contact. This is great considering Shaq is currently shooting 40 percent from the line. So we are currently 6-1, tied for number one with Dallas.

Our loss to the Jazz was due to the fact that the Jazz played a great game and was willing to get guys like Jefferson and Milsap in foul trouble to stop the Shaq attack. When they fouled, they fouled hard and Shaq never got hot so he would miss contested jump hooks enough to mess with our rhythm. I probably went to him too much but he had put 36 points up in the first game so I was hoping to get him going again. Raja Bell went crazy and could not miss a shot. He hit several threes during a stretch when we were struggling and the lead grew to double digits. We made a strong run but it was not enough in the end. We were 1-1 at that point, so I reworked the offense and worked a system for 1 outside shot and one drop down to Shaq every two times down the court. This keeps both options open and keeps the D off balance.

One thing that is great about this team is they close so good! We have been tied going into the fourth or even behind by a bucket in three games and we always finish the last 3-4 mins strong and always outscore the other team in the 4th quarter. Shaq is super clutch and when the other team tries not to foul, a jump hook on the low block is money. I love this team!

Right now we hold the Cavs 1st round pick, and our 1st round pick for the 2011 draft. We will have 32 million to work with this off season, but we also have spaces to fill. VC is a FA, along with Peitrus, and Aaron Brooks. This plus a potential lottery pick will eat up cap space but bringing the current team back will be great for me. I hope to do just that.

Currently Shaq is leading the league with 36.3ppg! The Shaq attack is back! Its all due to the shooters though. Without that threat, a simple double team would stop him. This team should make a strong run at a title.

What do you think of this team? Any suggestions, I am always looking to improve it

Banned

Just finished Game 2 against the Suns in Round 2 and it was a nailbiter

I simmed the first game and we won. But this game the Suns came to play. We were killing them at first but they kept getting offensive rebounds and making crazy shots so they eventually took the lead. This was a very high scoring game. LaMarcus Aldridge had tied the game at 113-113 after a pass from Roy. The Suns then inbounded it to Steve Nash who took a fadeaway 3 in D.J. Augustin's face but luckily he missed it.

So we go to overtime and it's a slugfest. Both teams going back and forth. Eventually we pulled it out thanks to some BIG plays from Roy. He did no wrong this game. He scored, he assisted, he rebounded he did it all. We ended up winning with a final score of 141-137

Brandon Roy: 39/6/14 ; 15-25 FG ; 4-5 3PT

LaMarcus Aldridge: 34/7/3/6/5 ; 16-29 FG

Greg Oden: 23/8/5/0/3 ; 9-14 FG

Gerald Wallace: 18/4/2/1/3 ; 7-11 FG

D.J. Augustin: 18/6/6/3/1 ; 5-18 FG

Vince Carter also went off for 42 points. Dude couldn't miss.

Learning to shoot layups

Association is going great. The Suns are 15-2, and have the highest rated offense in the league. We have beaten the Lakers twice, the Magic on the road, the Heat on the road, and the Blazers at home. I really feel that this team will make a solid run for a title, and that our bench is deep enough to absorb any injuries, and keep on winning.

Was this a good trade??

Blazers Get:
    Mikael Peitrus
    Grant Hill
    1st round 2011 Suns

Suns Get:
    Gerald Wallace
    58 rated Center, 914k salary, 1 year deal

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

I decieded to start my first association on 2k11 after having owned the game since release day. I decided to start with Cleveland to try and rebuild them after LeBron left.

11 games into my 29 game season, I'm sitting on 8-3 after wins against the Wizards, Bobcats, Suns, Nets, Bulls, Portland, Houston and the Lakers at Staples Center. Lost to Boston, Denver (by almost 40 tried a game on all-star) and San Antonio. I'm playing on pro, as I'm not very good at this game something the Nuggets game proved. All the games have been really close, except for the game against Phoenix.

The game against L.A went down to the wire and I found myself down by 17 at the start of the 4th. Some epic three point shooting by Jameer Nelson and Dorrell Wright and Wesley Johnson putting up 37 for the game brought me back into it and Kobe got blocked by JJ Hickson at the buzzer for the win.

My line-up is as follows:
    Jameer Nelson/Daniel Gibson/Rafer Alston
    Wesley Johnson/Anthony Parker
    Dorrell Wright/Jamario Moon/Christian Eyenga
    JJ Hickson/Louis Amundson
    Anderson Varejao/DeAndre Jordan/Ryan Hollins

At the start I thought I was gonna find myself at the bottom of the conference and I tried to trade away some bad contracts and adding some cheap perimiter shooting aswell. My first trade was:

Antwan Jamison, Joey Graham
    for
    Tyler Hansbrough, Mike Dunleavy

Wanted a young big guy who could share minutes with JJ Hickson and possibly develop into an all-star PF in the future. I then dealt Baron Davis and Ramone Sessions to the Magic for Jameer and Jason Richardson. I really liked this trade, as it gave me a huge expirer and a point guard better than Baron Davis who shoots the three very well. I'm not planning on staying with Nelson and I'm thinking of trying to deal him and my 1st round pick for a possible top 5 pick in the draft.

Then I traded Mike Dunleavy and Semih Erden to the Clippers for DeAndre Jordan and Jamario Moon. Basically adding another center who can rebound and block shots and perimiter shooting, athleticism and defense in Moon.

After a while I found out that Moon didn't really fit my starting 5 so I made a move for Dorrell Wright and Louis Amundson for Tyler Hansbrough and Alonzo Gee. Adding yet again a guy who can shoot the three pointer very well and also has turned out to be a decent rebounder.

My last trade was when I dealt my '12 1st round pick and Jason Richardson to the Wolves for Wesley Johnson. I couldn't get J-Rich's release and I figured I didn't need the 1st round pick in 2012 if Johnson developed and I'm able to get a high pick this year. Johnson has turned out to be the best player on my team averaging 21 points, 4.5 rebounds and 5 assist and making a run for rookie of the year.

I think I need a new point guard and I'm aiming for Irving in the draft if I strike lucky, if not I will try to draft Derrick Williams or Enes Kanter (if I strike lucky with a trade) and make a deal for a PG or wait and see if I can get CP3 to Ohio.

What you guys think? I know it's a bit unrealistic to make a push for the top 4-5 seed with the Cavs, but it would be boring to be blown out everyday on all-star since my defense as a player sucks.

Banned

Finished Game 4 against the Suns and it's another sweep

Overall this series has been a very high scoring one. But Roy and Aldridge continue to play great. Roy and Aldridge carried the team this game and made excellent plays to close out the Suns who were fighting hard this game. We were struggling early on and it seemed like only Roy and Aldridge could get anything going.

LaMarcus Aldridge: 37 (24 points in the 1st Half)/10/4/2/2 (He had 1 turnover this game) 15-25 FG

Brandon Roy: 36/7/9/3/4 (He had 0 turnovers this game) 15-23 FG 5-9 3PT

D.J. Augustin: 18/1/9/4/0 (He had 1 turnover this game) 8-17 FG

Gerald Wallace: 7/1/4/1/1 (He had 1 turnover this game) 3-9 FG

Greg Oden: 4/6/0/0/4 (He had 0 turnovers this game) 1-6 FG

As you can see Wallace and Oden struggled and Oden was in foul trouble as usual.

There was one play that really turned the game around for us. Patty Mills had the ball, and ran a pick and roll with Aldridge off of a botched play. The Suns were scrambling, and out of nowhere I saw Brandon Roy wide open in the corner. He stepped back, and hit a huge 3 that gave us the lead. We never looked back after that.

So now we're heading to the Conference finals

Saw a basketball once

Hey guys,

First time poster and also new to 2K11. Played a bit of 2K10 and really enjoyed it, so finally made the decision to get the game yesterday. My knowledge of the NBA - in terms of talent is quite shocking living down here in Aus as well.

Anyway I've decided to start a association mode with New Orleans, I build the team around Paul, but I'm keen to put some youth into the squad as well for the future. A complete rebuild you could say. As I said my knowledge is not great, and from what I've read on this thread you guys have great experience. I haven't got xbox live yet so I'm starting with the default rosters that come with the game.

Has anyone got any trade, free agent advice to build my team? I'm looking to run a balanced team, quick on the counter, not live or die by the 3 but have a few marksman. Also want someone who is a beast in the back court.

I want to keep it as realistic as possible. I'm starting from scratch so any help would be awesome.

Cheers

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by Cairns_Baller
    Hey guys,

First time poster and also new to 2K11. Played a bit of 2K10 and really enjoyed it, so finally made the decision to get the game yesterday. My knowledge of the NBA - in terms of talent is quite shocking living down here in Aus as well.

Anyway I've decided to start a association mode with New Orleans, I build the team around Paul, but I'm keen to put some youth into the squad as well for the future. A complete rebuild you could say. As I said my knowledge is not great, and from what I've read on this thread you guys have great experience. I haven't got xbox live yet so I'm starting with the default rosters that come with the game.

Has anyone got any trade, free agent advice to build my team? I'm looking to run a balanced team, quick on the counter, not live or die by the 3 but have a few marksman. Also want someone who is a beast in the back court.

I want to keep it as realistic as possible. I'm starting from scratch so any help would be awesome.

Cheers
    Anyone?

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Try to package a deal for one or more of these players JJ Hickson, JaVale McGee, Jason Thompson, Samuel Dalembert, Nick Young, Wesley Johnson, Paul George or any other young talent you can find. Try using the trade finder, it's good sometimes. You can always try and get Dwight Howard aswell.

I would try to deal Okafor and other contracts thats bad, keep West and Ariza and tank for a high pick. If you'd have XBL you could've downloaded draft classes and drafted Enes Kanter or something to help you out at the 5. Then you would have a pretty decent starting 5 with Paul - random SG here - Ariza - West - Kanter.

Try to go after JR Smith or Afflalo in the free agency and get good rebounders and shooters off the bench and you might win already in the second season.

My team with the Cavs at the start of my second season is:

Kemba Walker/Boobie Gibson/Earl Boykins
    Wesley Johnson/JR Smith/Brandon Rush
    Chris Singelton/James Posey/random guy
    JJ Hickson/Markieff Morris/JaJuan Johnson
    Roy Hibbert/Nicola Vucevic/Zaza Pachulia

Banned

Hey guys,

Cheers
    I'd start off by playing a few games and deciding which players suit your style, the sleeper talents on your team who may not be very high rated but could easily play a role.. Once you've done that and you have an idea of how your record will be over the next 2 seasons you can decide what you want to do. If you're gonna have a bad first season then try to hold onto your first pick for the 2011 season or if you're thinking you could contend with the current team then you could try shipping off your first pick in a package with players you don't play with well for better complimentary players for Paul.

Trade finder is your friend, you can package up to 3 players/picks and see what each team will give you in return. Seeing as you're building around CP3 you'll probably need a good big man, having a good defensive anchor is a must and i'm not sure Okafor is that, have never used him myself though.

Anyway have a play around with the team and use trade finder to see what you can get, having a look at player contracts wouldn't hurt either, never want a player to walk out on you for nothing because you don't own their bird rights..

Anyone?
    Play a few games with the team and see what guys you like for your style. Personally I love having West and Ariza. Ariza for his key defense and I'm a great scorer with him. West I like because he's cheap, and really efficient. Then I usually try and flip Emeka for another defensive center, Dalembert would work well for you since you want to rebuild and he should resign for cheap. Then I'd go for Rudy Fernandez. After that see what you can do with that kinda weak bench.