Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    o()xxx[{::::::::::::> SourPatchKids's Avatar

Default Re: Kobe Vs MJ Documenary [Very Interesting]

They have the two GOAT signature shoe lines.

Quote Originally Posted by branslowski
    I'm not understanding how Kobe wouldn't get Jordan in the post, when he's done it to Ron ad Bron countless times?...And Ron is a better man to man defender than Jordan....Jordan just has very well passing lane steal skills, and help D...

If they played 10 times....Jordan wins 6 and Kobe wins 4....But with Jordan winning the 2 greater game like 11-9, and 12-10...Going back and forward scoring on eachother all the time.

this this dude njust loves to make hate on Kobe too much.

This guy probably think that Wade will win 1 out 9 times vs. Jordan. Since Kobe is better than Wade

in 10 rounds

Jordan would win 6-4

NBA rookie of the year ginobli2311's Avatar

I'm not understanding how Kobe wouldn't get Jordan in the post, when he's done it to Ron ad Bron countless times?...And Ron is a better man to man defender than Jordan....Jordan just has very well passing lane steal skills, and help D...

If they played 10 times....Jordan wins 6 and Kobe wins 4....But with Jordan winning the 2 greater game like 11-9, and 12-10...Going back and forward scoring on eachother all the time.
    he could at times.

but if you honestly think kobe could just back jordan down into the low block and then score consistently you are mistaken. its not that he couldn't get the ball there. jordan would stop him from getting off great shots in the post. so what if he scored on lebron in the post? that has nothing to do with this debate....lebron is not a great post defender or something.

kobe has played a total of like 20 games against ron artest for his entire career. so what if he's scored on him in the post a few times?

i could reference kobe's poor numbers vs bruce bowen throughout his career as well. but that really isn't that important to me for this debate.

Quote Originally Posted by ginobli2311
    basically it boils down to this.

mj was a superior defender.
    mj was a superior offensive player.

I agree, but he won't win 8 out 10 times

Troll who tries to provoke you

Lightbulb Re: Kobe Vs MJ Documenary [Very Interesting]

Quote Originally Posted by G-Funk
    Career avg

Had Kobe came out at same age as MJ

28ppg 6rpg 5apg 46%

Jordan

30ppg 6rpg 5apg 49%
    another retarded Kobe fan

Can Kobe ever match this in his dreams?

1987: 37.1 ppg 5.2 Reb 4.6 Ast 3.0 spg
    1988: 35.0 ppg 5.5 Reb 6.0 Ast 3.2 spg
    1989: 32.5 ppg 8.0 Reb 8.0 Ast 3.0 spg
    1990: 33.6 ppg 7.0 Reb 6.3 Ast 2.8 spg

All 4 consequitive seasons with only 1 game missed.

Results: 1 dpoy, 1 MVP, 4 scoring titles, 3 stls titles, 2 back-2-back dunk titles. this was all before winning a ring. Da man was a freak of nature

F*** Kobe, Even Lebron who is clearly a better all around player cannot match this ever.

Kobe at best is a modern day clyde drexler, grew up watching MJ VHS tapes & immitated his game & mannerism.

Quote Originally Posted by Knoe Itawl
    This is the reason I consider guys like you, who are somewhat better than your hardcore waldus, griffmoney type groupies to not be far off from that category. I've seen both of their careers EXTENSIVELY. There is just no way Kobe Bryant is equal to Jordan taking away rings, accolades or whatever. He just isn't. I love Dwyane Wade. I think it would be cool if he could have gotten to the level of Jordan, and he's shown flashes over his career but he just isn't on Jordan's level. He's just not. Neither is Lebron, though he has unreal skills and all the rest of it. Most people generally accept this but for Kobe fans, it's just so damned hard for them. Which I really don't understand why. It's not like he's not still a great player. He's just no Michael Jordan, and never has been. Jordan was stronger, smarter, better defensively, more efficient, a better athlete, better passer, better rebounder, better playoff performer, better crunchtime playoff performer, and on and on. Yet somehow, "they're the same players". Such bullshit, and really something you overwhelmingly only see from Kobe fans.

It's like there's this sect of hardcore Kobe fans that just can't allow themselves to admit the truth, like it's so painful and like it's insulting Kobe or something. That's why they'll say some stupid shit that doesn't even make sense like "ummm, yeah Jordan may be GOAT but uh there's really no difference between him and Kobe as players". Like what does that even mean? It's just their pitiful attempt to try to sound "reasonable" (because deep down they know the truth), but yet somehow get Kobe into the same realm at the same time. What garbage.

And at someone being a "groupie" just because they don't think Jordan and Kobe are equals. NEWSFLASH: Most people with any type of basketball sense don't. You calling anyone who disagrees with your horseshit "groupies" is stupid. You know what? Strip away the accolades and blah blah blah and there's no difference between Paul Pierce and Kobe. Yeay, bring it on Kobe groupies!!! See how ****ing stupid that is?

exactly. how is kobe better than pierce as a player? kobe simply shoots more....thats about it. the gap between jordan and kobe as players is much bigger than the gap between pierce and kobe.

LOL

Player G W L GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS
    Kobe Bryant17 10 7 17 39.0 9.2 23.2 .396 1.2 4.6 .256 6.5 8.1 .810 1.2 4.2 5.4 5.3 1.7 0.5 2.9 3.4 26.1
    Paul Pierce 17 7 10 17 38.3 7.9 17.5 .451 2.5 5.7 .443 7.1 9.2 .764 0.9 5.0 5.9 3.5 1.6 0.3 4.2 3.6 25.4

High School Varsity 6th Man

Are skilled hands on defense not a...skill? Because Jordan's ability to strip or poke the ball away from defenders was far beyond anything I have ever seen from Kobe. Kobe rarely strips or pokes the ball away from players, but this was one of Jordan's bread and butter defensive abilities.

Then again, Brans will probably say he saw Bryant do it once so they are equal.

NBA rookie of the year

Jordan is the GOAT no doubt. But many don't want to belive that AS BASKETBALL players, pure skill set, no rings, accolades, stats included, Kobe Bryant and Michael Jordan are equals....I know, bring on the onslaught of Jordan groupies...But the truth is the truth.
    Too bad there's more to actual impact on the court than asking two players to perform some random series of moves on a practice court. Jordan was AT LEAST 10% more impactful than Kobe in actual games. All of his little advantages, both skill-wise (better off the ball player, rebounder, post player, passer etc.), mental (court awareness, decision making, bball IQ), and physical, added up to a visible difference in impact. The statistical gap alone is at least 10% and then there's also a defensive impact gap and intangibles. lol @ them being "equals".
    Last edited by OldSchoolBBall; 01-26-2011 at 02:10 AM.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Leviathon1121
    Are skilled hands on defense not a...skill? Because Jordan's ability to strip or poke the ball away from defenders was far beyond anything I have ever seen from Kobe. Kobe rarely strips or pokes the ball away from players, but this was one of Jordan's bread and butter defensive abilities.

Then again, Brans will probably say he saw Bryant do it once so they are equal.
    Thats a reach in foul in this day and age. No-one in the last 10 years does it like Jordan did.

hey brans.

what separates pierce and kobe as basketball players?

they have virtually identical efficiency numbers.

kobe:

ts 56% efg 49%

pierce:

ts 57% efg 50%

kobe scores 3 more points a game on 3 more shots for his career.
    pierce is a slightly better rebounder and kobe is a slightly better passer.

both have proven to be great clutch players and have stepped up in the playoffs.

as basketball players...how is kobe better than pierce?

Saw a basketball once

I would say Kobe is equal to MJ skill-wise, he might actually even be a little better at ball handling, but what seperates the two are their physical attributes and their basketball IQ.
    MJ was the far superior athlete, which is no knock on Kobe, who's also a great athlete, but MJ explosiveness was nearly unparralled, and his HANDS were a gift from god. Just watch a few MJ highlights and you'll see he utilizes his huge mitts to palm and manipulate the ball on nearly every drive. MJ was also the superior off-ball player who could get himself open for easy shots to setup his offense, and a better team defender. Kobe has a penchant for roaming on help defense and not being in the right position, though he's a capable defender nonetheless. In general, Kobe and MJ have both probably reached their potentials due to their hard work and dedication, but MJ was better due to his natural abilities and the era in which he learned basketball in, which emphasized less isolation plays (until MJ came along) and tougher defense.

Not airballing my layups anymore Gear2's Avatar

Even if you go on the assumption that they are equal in every statistic and even IQ possible, Kobe has never done what Jordan has done at the very end, at the NBA finals. There are so many cases of Jordan taking and making the championship shot. Even if he shot poorly during the game he got it done in the clutch to win the trophy (even in 97/98 when Jordan WASN'T in his prime). Kobe just hasn't done that in any of the past three years.

Troll who tries to provoke you

Quote Originally Posted by dennisdeng2002
    I would say Kobe is equal to MJ skill-wise, he might actually even be a little better at ball handling
    another big joke ESPN created in 2000 decade. Kobe "might" have better skills than MJ. all excuses after excuses after excuses.

Fact: If kobe had better skills than MJ, it would've translated into better stats offensively & defensively in Kobe's favor.

Fact: If Kobe had better skills set vis a vis ball handling, Kobe would've had less TO ratio than MJ in much weaker talent wise era of 2000 decade.

Fact: If Kobe had better skills set vis a vis defensively, Kobe would've had won atleast 1 DPOY. MJ had to compete against Rodman who atleast stole 1 DPOY in 1989 or 1990 from MJ.

Fact: If Kobe had better skills set, Kobe's playoff stats woldn't have suffered or stayed low even when Shaq is main threat in the team.

Fact: If Kobe had better skills set, Horry, Fisher would never had more clutch buzzer beaters in playoffs than Kobe.

Fact: If kobe had better skills set, Kobe would've played PG to some stretch abandoning SG position when lakers were struggling in '06. (HINT: MJ played PG in 1989 & his stats 32.5/8/8 with tons of triple doubles).

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by G-Funk
    Career avg

Had Kobe came out at same age as MJ

28ppg 6rpg 5apg 46%

Jordan

30ppg 6rpg 5apg 49%
    How about both of them ages 21-30, the effective portion of a player's career (this also excludes Kobe's first 4 seasons, '97-'00, which Kobe fans always want us to do anyway):

Jordan - 32.5 pts/6.4 reb/6.1 ast/2.8 stl/1.1 blk/52% FG/59.2% TS/29.8 PER

Kobe - 28.6 pts/5.8 reb/5.2 ast/1.6 stl/.5 blk/45% FG/55.8% TS/24.8 PER

So...yeah.
    Last edited by OldSchoolBBall; 01-26-2011 at 03:33 AM.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by gengiskhan
    another big joke ESPN created in 2000 decade. Kobe "might" have better skills than MJ. all excuses after excuses after excuses.
    I didn't use ESPN propaganda to form my opinions, I used my own knowledge and visual comparisons. When comparing players from different eras, which is extremely complex, nothing is absolute. The best one can hope for is a reasonable comparison of two completely different circumstances.

Fact: If kobe had better skills than MJ, it would've translated into better stats offensively & defensively in Kobe's favor.
    Nope, not true, let's take this example: MJ had better stats than AI, is MJ better skill-wise than AI? I would say no. MJ had better physical attributes and basketball IQ, which is very similar in how he compares to Kobe.

Fact: If Kobe had better skills set vis a vis ball handling, Kobe would've had less TO ratio than MJ in much weaker talent wise era of 2000 decade.
    The fact that the NBA has become less TALENTED is also a myth, with the influx of basketball fans and AAU/Summer Camps, players are becoming more talented physically and skill-wise. Kobe wasn't nearly as effective as MJ when it came to forays into the paint. Kobe's small hands and sometimes poor decision making led him into a lot more out of control plays. Also, with MJ's athleticism, he could afford to make stupid plays because his athleticism could bail him out. Not to say he made a lot of stupid plays, which he didn't, but you'll see that there are instances when MJ will be caught in the air and the play would normally be considered dead, but he out-hangs his defenders and makes the play.

Fact: If Kobe had better skills set vis a vis defensively, Kobe would've had won atleast 1 DPOY. MJ had to compete against Rodman who atleast stole 1 DPOY in 1989 or 1990 from MJ.
    I said MJ was better defensively so this point is moot. I happen to think Kobe is overrated defensively, he makes a lot of mistakes that are pretty detrimental to his team, but he has always had a big man that can help erase his mistakes.

Fact: If Kobe had better skills set, Kobe's playoff stats woldn't have suffered or stayed low even when Shaq is main threat in the team.
    Kobe's playoffs stats are actually the same as his regular season stats, and the Shaq era wasn't Kobe's prime. Also your last statement helps my argument, as Shaq was a complete monster back then and dominated the ball. Kobe was never a good off-ball player and so his stats dipped a little.

Fact: If Kobe had better skills set, Horry, Fisher would never had more clutch buzzer beaters in playoffs than Kobe.
    Stupid argument, Horry and Fisher had a penchant for being in the right place at the right time and having the cajones to hit the big shot. Does that mean they were better skill-wise than Kobe?

Fact: If kobe had better skills set, Kobe would've played PG to some stretch abandoning SG position when lakers were struggling in '06.
    (HINT: MJ played PG in 1989 & his stats 32.5/8/8 with tons of triple doubles).
    I don't really understand this one, the 04-06 Lakers sucked, if Kobe had to play PG who would've played SG. I'm sure if the Lakers wanted to they could've slapped the PG tag on Kobe and have him bring up the ball, but in the triangle offense that would've have done anything.
    None of what you said above are FACTS.
    RANT OVER.