Page 24 of 45 FirstFirst ... 142122232425262734 ... LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year Kurosawa0's Avatar

Default Re: Nuggets trade Carmelo Anthony to Knicks!

Okay, let me ask this:

With all these players moving, does anyone really feel like the NBA has been worse than the last several years?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa0
    Okay, let me ask this:

With all these players moving, does anyone really feel like the NBA has been worse than the last several years?
    Hell no, it's just the insecurity of Laker fans.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by da dream
    No Knicks. Check espn, yahoo, si, nba.com they are all reporting brewer to knicks.
    [QUOTE]The Knicks are sending Danilo Gallinari(notes), Raymond Felton(notes), Wilson Chandler(notes), the Knicks

Local High School Star crosso√er's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    I'm not asking players to accept losing. I'm asking players to not start chasing rings at 25 and to not form quasi-all-star teams. I don't think that is too much to ask.

Not every good player that enters the league is entitled to compete for a championship. There always have been superstars playing on teams that didn't compete for titles year-in and year-out (the Nuggets have been in the hunt during Melo's tenure, for the record).

Since when are conference finals appearances not good enough for guys that are 22-25 years old?
    Baseball has used this approach for a century now, and so has football (soccer); the rich get richer. It's a theme that's getting worse in the NBA, but it's not going to change because some fans don't like it. There is an NBA cap; it's better then not having one like those two other major sports.

Athletes today are being spoiled; too many demands and money floating around, it's an evolution. It will not change, despite your reasoning or disliking.

Quote Originally Posted by BallsOut
    per Marc J. Spears..
    That article was released before everyone started reporting Brewer to NY.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

That's incredibly unfair though. Why should someone who has superstar talent have to give up millions upon millions?

You get into a territory where you start treating players like property with that reasoning. They should be able to make decisions about their future like any adult and not have to be completely screwed financially.
    These guys play basketball for millions of dollars. Enough talk about them getting screwed financially because they don't have the option of going to any team in the league and playing for $17 million. They would have a choice... Go to a team that has the cap space to afford you and maybe that team also happens to be the place that you want to play. If it isn't your ideal team/location, you are always free to take less money to go to your ideal spot.

The same concept happens ALL THE TIME in business ventures. I could move to a more booming city right now and make more money doing what I am currently doing. However, I'm happy where I am and money really isn't the issue for me.

To act as though these guys are shackled unlike any other person in our society is ridiculous. They should be thanking their lucky stars every night that they get paid millions of dollars to put a ball through a hoop.

NBA rookie of the year Kurosawa0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    I'm not asking players to accept losing. I'm asking players to not start chasing rings at 25 and to not form quasi-all-star teams. I don't think that is too much to ask.

Not every good player that enters the league is entitled to compete for a championship. There always have been superstars playing on teams that didn't compete for titles year-in and year-out (the Nuggets have been in the hunt during Melo's tenure, for the record).

Since when are conference finals appearances not good enough for guys that are 22-25 years old?
    Why is it up to us to determine what their career ceiling should be? These players are people.

Quote Originally Posted by crosso√er
    Baseball has used this approach for a century now, and so has football (soccer); the rich get richer. It's a theme that's getting worse in the NBA, but it's not going to change because some fans don't like it. There is an NBA cap; it's better then not having one like those two other major sports.

Athletes today are being spoiled; too many demands and money floating around, it's an evolution. It will not change, despite your reasoning or disliking.
    Baseball is still a very competitive sport, since the 90's there have been many small market teams winning or going deep into the post-season and not having deep pockets either. The NBA's problem is that there are only 5 guys on the court and thus stars are worth more and it's a player driven league. Shame though cause if the top 15 players end up on like 3-4 teams then

Quote Originally Posted by bluechox2
    actually the knicks should package expiring contracts for long term contracts to bulk up their cap for trading possibliites next year.
    This summer, Knicks will look like this:

Definites
    Amare Stoudemire $18.2 million
    Carmelo Anthony $18.5 million
    Renaldo Balkman $1.7 million
    Toney Douglas $1.1 million
    Landry Fields $.8 million (Team Option - LOL)
    Chauncey Billups $14.2 million (Team Option)

Maybes
    Corey Brewer $5.0 million (Qualifying Offer)
    Ronny Turiaf $4.4 million (Player Option)
    Bill Walker $.9 million (Team Option)
    Andy Rautins $.8 million (Team Option)

Okay, let me ask this:

That's not the issue, as I said. And, we have yet to see the full ramifications from all of this re-shuffling.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Someone fill me in on the Gilbert Arenas provision in regards to Fields. Knicks pick up his option and he becomes an RFA next summer right?

Why is it up to us to determine what their career ceiling should be? These players are people.
    Because they play in a private league with roster and salary rules. This isn't the 'real world'... not really. Quit taking such a capitalistic approach to private sports leagues.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote Originally Posted by bluechox2
    actually the knicks should package expiring contracts for long term contracts to bulk up their cap for trading possibliites next year.

No they should only sign guys to a one year deal and then go after cp3, dwill, or howard.

There is no reason for the knicks to take on salary beyond 1 year.

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    Someone fill me in on the Gilbert Arenas provision in regards to Fields. Knicks pick up his option and he becomes an RFA next summer right?
    yes, but entire CBA is changing. under current rules, yes.

Lol now watch all the Knick fans join this board.

It kind of bothers me to see another star cry his way out of town, but I don't think it matters. The Knicks aren't going to be successful with that duo.

They both play no defense. They still have a lot of work to do in getting players around those 2.