Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 ... LastLast

Default Re: I hate to say it but Rose is the worst MVP winner of all time

Rose won off media hype. He was a deserving second though.
    Lebron is the best player in the league, on a winning team. He is the MVP.

The MVP isnt the Most Valuable Player. Its the best player in the league that wins over 50-55 games. Its been that for a while.

he is surely the least accomplished. i dont know about worst. i do feel dwight warranted it over him and imo lebron- just a better player and the one consistent all year for the heat.

as much as i dislike lebron as a person i watch him play so i can only say he is the best player in the league. this board is full of people that let their bias dictate everything they think/say. this post perfectly sums up lebron i feel.

LBJ4MVP23 At least 26-7-7 and 50% shooting, AGAIN. Year in and out hes the best player and scores at a super-efficient rate, unlike rose/kobe, is an incredible passer and hes not even a PG, the guy is top 10 in dimes every year, and he carries teams of scrubs deep into the playoffs every year. This year he finally has a good cast, and hes into the second round and rolling.

Youre hating if you dont think hes the best player in the NBA.

The Holy Trinity

Quote Originally Posted by ballinhun8
    Overreacting from one game - Check!
    It's not just one game, though. He's been pretty brutal the entire playoffs, with the exception of a couple hero-moments. And moreover, it's just a continuation of who he was in the regular season, only worse because the defenses are tougher.

By the traditional criteria of the award, though, he earned it, so it is what it is. It's just an extreme situation where anyone who looks at comparisons objectively would have a very hard time making a case that he's one of the top five players in the league.

And then of course, there's the insult-factor to players whose jocks Rose can't hold who don't have MVPs. You'd have to have your head examined if you chose Rose over Wade or Howard (maybe you wouldn't choose Wade at this stage because he's a little old, but if you chose any player in the league over Howard now, other than LeBron (maybe), you would be a Kevin McHale-level GM.)

Quote Originally Posted by FourthTenor
    Is that the wording? How do you know?

Don't you think it makes more sense for a league-wide award to be considered:

"Most Valuable Player...." in the league.

rathern than "Most Valuable Player...." to his team.

If it was most valuable player to his team, then each team would give out an MVP. Only the league does, so its most valuable in the league. If you're picking one player for next year based on this year, is it really Derrick Rose? Really???
    Hey genius, I said i wasnt a fan of how its voted, read the post properly

I think it should be awarded to the best player in the league, but unfortunately it goes to whichever team finished with the top or close to it record, and usually there top scorer/best player...

National High School Star NewYorkNoPicks's Avatar

Default Sadly, Derrick Rose is Named MVP

via realgm

Banned

Default Re: Sadly, Derrick Rose is Named MVP

IN PAT RILEY WE TRUST Theoo's Daddy's Avatar

Debrick rose come back strong in 2. avartar bet?

I know a few million people in the mid west by a Lake called Michigan that aren't too sad about it.

Too bad we lost tonight though.

Derrick Rose can't shoot. He is a huge ball hog. He plays stupid basketball and has a low basketball IQ.

He is an inefficient shooter. He is a chucker. He has no shooting range.

He relies on the refs to bail him him out by sending him to the foul line all the game long.

He is an incredible turnover machine of almost unmatched levels. I've never seen a point guard that is as turnover prone as he is.

Not only is he the worst MVP of all time, by far, but I am going to guess that he will be the worst MVP in all history going forward as well.

It is an absolute joke that this guy is considered an MVP.

Oh, and he absolutely sucked at the FIBA World Championship

Quote Originally Posted by SinJackal

Steve Nash.

2008 Kobe.

Rose is not worse than those players.
    Yes he is.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 05-03-2011 at 02:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SinJackal
    Dirk Nowitski.

Steve Nash.

2008 Kobe.

Rose is not worse than those players.
    They're all better

MVP doesn't mean best player, never has, never will.

Rose certainly deserved the MVP carrying his team to the best record in the NBA. And while you can argue the Bulls won those games as a team, we can't forget that both Noah and Boozer missed significant games during the season... and the Bulls still had the best record.

The MVP is also more about media hype than ever before, I will agree with that. The award lost most of it's glory for me after Steve Nash won it... twice. Not hating on Nash, he's a great player... but he wouldn't have two MVP's if it wasn't for the media hype (and the color of his skin).

Local High School Star

people have so may ways of showing their stupidity.... i say we just start handing out MVP to every quitter that runs to a team with another superstar and puts up decent numbers.......His horrendous shooting in the playoffs has nothing to with what he did in the regular season.....

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    MVP doesn't mean best player, never has, never will.

Rose certainly deserved the MVP carrying his team to the best record in the NBA. And while you can argue the Bulls won those games as a team, we can't forget that both Noah and Boozer missed significant games during the season... and the Bulls still had the best record.

The MVP is also more about media hype than ever before, I will agree with that. The award lost most of it's glory for me after Steve Nash won it... twice. Not hating on Nash, he's a great player... but he wouldn't have two MVP's if it wasn't for the media hype (and the color of his skin).
    If the NBA was not so racist it would not be made up of 90% black players. Keep the freaking racist bull shit out of this discussion you scumbag.