Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: has anyone ever called out Jordan?

Quote Originally Posted by DirtySanchez
    Threads like this make me realize how the youth now has NO IDEA what happen in the 80's and 90's with Jordan.

They seem to have bought in to the make believe fantasy that Jordan is a God or something. He was a great player yes but that's just it.

You want to learn Jordan's struggle to the top see his early games against Bird's Celtics and Dumars/Zeke's Bad Boys.
    I know he was a great player, but i for one don't see him as a god.

Quote Originally Posted by jstern
    The real thing that you can't get watching youtube clips is Jordan's mind, as it unfolds not knowing the future of the outcome. Everything is all said and done, so when a person who never saw him play watches his clips, it doesn't do him justice, because it looks like just another superstar, like Wade or Lebron.
    very, very good point. I never thought about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Swoosh
    He's probably the only one I've ever seen who would be able to come closest to stand up to prime Jordan, mentally. But physically he would just get crushed, kid.
    how do you feel about kobe? like how do you rank him as a player, is he overrated, is he really the closest to jordan, and if so, how close is he? etc etc

what's your opinion?

Root Of All Evil

Quote Originally Posted by Crown&Coke
    Remember him standing up to the entire NY Knicks when the Knicks were demolishing people who came into the lane
    Exactly ... Jordan wasn't scared to stand up to anyone. No matter their size.

Standing up to Xavier McDaniel whom EVERYONE in the league feared.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe24Clutch
    I know he was a great player, but i for one don't see him as a god.
    He was God on the bball court, closest thing to it anyway

Larry Bird said so too

ThaSwagg3r
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by Quizno
    for the record, kobe's my favorite player but i do realize MJ's better. but still, that would be a battle for the ages

Root Of All Evil

Quote Originally Posted by Quizno
    how do you feel about kobe? like how do you rank him as a player, is he overrated, is he really the closest to jordan, and if so, how close is he? etc etc

what's your opinion?
    He's not Jordan. So let's get that out the way first of all. Not super close, either.

Kobe is his own entity.

If you combined Kobe and Wade, you'd have something almost of a clone of Michael Jordan.

I rank Kobe as the 2nd greatest SG of all-time. With Wade running him down, or at least approaching that level.

They did call out Jordan, but the media wasn't nearly as involved as they are now. There wasn't facebook, twitter, youtube, etc etc..., the internet wasn't as prominent and not nearly as many people had it. Now the media practically goes right to your door, asks you pointed question about Jordan (or current superstar in todays league) and if you answer honestly, it's headline news. And don't get me started if the NBA had this "player X" bullshit that people could talk shit and hide behind. People would be ragging on Jordan all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarik One
    You know in 1992 Cavs acquired Wilkins to stop Jordan. He was self-proclaimed as the "Jordan Stopper". However, when they meet in the playoffs in 1993, Jordan took this as a challenge and burned him badly.
    http://uk.bloggif.com/output/result/...gif?1307663915

Yeah, Nevaeh... can't forget about the Stackhouse game

Making him look straight foolish

National High School Star Nevaeh's Avatar

The real thing that you can't get watching youtube clips is Jordan's mind, as it unfolds not knowing the future of the outcome. Everything is all said and done, so when a person who never saw him play watches his clips, it doesn't do him justice, because it looks like just another superstar, like Wade or Lebron.
    Too True.

No better example of that than the 98 Finals game 6 IMO. The first moment was when he made the Layup with about 40 seconds left. It looked awkward going up so I thought MJ was gonna miss it.

The second moment was that steal on Malone. That sh!t was out of nowhere

Of course the final moment would be "the push-off Shot". I was thinking Jordan was gonna drive for the potential 3-point play. Still worked out though.
    Last edited by Nevaeh; 06-09-2011 at 08:11 PM.

Banned

I only got to see the '96-'98 Jordan AKA the Fade Away Jordan. Even with losing some of his athleticism, he still looked like an unstoppable force out on the court.

If he was that incredible at the age of 32-35 then I do believe he was a basketball God in the 80's and early 90's when he was between 24-30 years-old. Even if I didn't see him play in those years, I got enough out of the 2nd-peat to believe what was written or said about his greatness back then.
    Last edited by DeronMillsap; 06-09-2011 at 08:12 PM.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Crown&Coke
    I thought B.Shaw with GS was lighting it up and trash talking to MJ while the W's were up like 15 points in the 4th. MJ told the opposing coach "you better shut him up" and the coach just looked at Jordan bewildered. MJ went on a scoring run and won the game. Walked over to the opposing coach and said "told you you should have shut him up"

Someone on ISH told me it was actually Derrick Martin when he played for Vancouver.

I have no idea who the player was, but that story is legit regardless of who it was, and awesome to say the least.
    Not sure who the bench player was, but it was someone who was on the bench during a game vs. the Grizzlies in 1996 that you're referring to. He started mouthing off to MJ mid-way through the 4th because the Bulls were down big, and Jordan went on to score 19 points in the final 5:30 to win the game, talking with this dude on the bench the whole time (it was either Darrick Martin or Shaq, but I have another MJ/Martin trash-talk story recounted by KG and Flip Saunders from when Martin was on Minnesota, so I'm not sure). You can see Jordan talking to him at the end of the video. Highlights here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShNfeFxij28

Alvin Robertson talked trash with Michael. MJ and the 96 Bulls (72-10) proceeded to lose the game to Alvin's Raptors. That was one of my first NBA games.

Players are human. MJ also wipes his ass. Stop treating him like a God.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolBBall
    Not sure who the bench player was, but it was someone who was on the bench during a game vs. the Grizzlies in 1996 that you're referring to. He started mouthing off to MJ mid-way through the 4th because the Bulls were down big, and Jordan went on to score 19 points in the final 5:30 to win the game, talking with this dude on the bench the whole time (it was either Darrick Martin or Shaq, but I have another MJ/Martin trash-talk story recounted by KG and Flip Saunders from when Martin was on Minnesota, so I'm not sure). You can see Jordan talking to him at the end of the video. Highlights here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShNfeFxij28
    that was probably it!!

and I think you called me on it last time I brought it up to, dammit, you got me 2x, but cheers nontheless