Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: Chris Webber 51 points, 26 rebounds, 5 assists, 3 steals, 2 blocks vs Pacers

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Haha right. You're a douche just like 90 percent of ISH for pulling Blake Griffin and the Clippers into this merely because I disagree with the idea that Webber is underrated. You can't disagree without bringing up Blake? Sounds like you're a bit obsessed bro.

Peja wasn't an extremely clutch player by any means... I was just implying that I'd go to Peja before Webber in clutch moments and that he did happen to hit important shots when the team needed it. Bringing up one series or even the number of clutch shots he made etc is completely irrelevant. I was giving an example that Webber wasn't even the 2nd or 3rd best option in the clutch which is true.

I'm not bringing up Webber's failures in the clutch in general either really. What I've elaborated on most was actually that many have called him out as being a high stat/low impact guy. I watched him personally enough times to know his impact didn't compare to the amazing all around stats he put up.

your wrong, i can remember alot of games for the kings when they went to webber with a few seconds left and he made big shots, as someone else mentioned- peja was a useless ******. webber was the man on that team. bibby made the clutch shots in the 02 lakers series but if you actually watched the kings back then youll know they went to chris in the clutch ALOT. its good to see some of the people that actually watched the kings recall this as well. it happens so much on ish- a player does something bad or fumbles a play on the biggest of stages from that point on every idiot uses this and only this to argue that he is mentally weak or unable to produce in the clutch.

its pure uninformed opinion and i see it happening all the time here. people that have no idea also swear the same thing about vince(happens all the time) missing the fact that hes consistently one of the best clutch performers in recent memory, yet because hes been a bit soft people just assume they have him figured and swear he doesnt have "the clutch gene" or whatever stupid shit you wanna call it....
    Last edited by ukplayer4; 10-13-2011 at 12:39 PM.

Good college starter EricForman's Avatar

Default Re: Chris Webber 51 points, 26 rebounds, 5 assists, 3 steals, 2 blocks vs Pacers

i knew there'd be kiddies who only look at PPG (and RPG and APG) and not realized he took 47 shots and his team lost.

in terms of performances, this would rank about 7 notches below Manu droppin 28 on 8 shots in the 2005 finals.

Good college starter EricForman's Avatar

BTW, I'm not saying Webber wasn't great. He was skilled and physically gifted and talented. Just that this game isn't all that.

He shot 50%, you dont have to get a ton of freebies for it to be a great game. Hell its more impressive. In order to GET those FT's someone has to take shots anyway....