Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: fell for a girl with a boyfriend

Quote Originally Posted by Scholar
    I'd stay away simply because she has already shown you that she's the flirtatious type. If she is willing to even talk to a guy in privacy about a possible relationship after 6 years of dating another dude, it just seems like she isn't trustworthy. Who is to say she won't leave you later for someone else who is just "studying" with her?

Your choice if you decide to waste time in pursuing a relationship with her or not. I wouldn't in your place.
    she wasn't really talking to me about a possible relationship. she just told me she already had a boyfriend but if the circumstances were different then we might work out. i think she was being more considerate than shady.

Quote Originally Posted by The Macho Man
    Is she your age? She been with this dude since she was like 14 15? Shit probably won't last, people change, get sick of each other.
    yeah she's my age. she's been with him since i think 8th grade and we're both sophomores in college.

You just have to continually remind her that her boy is a loser. If she doesn't catch on then you need to move on. It's her loss not yours if the guy truly is how you depict him.

Just date a younger version of that girl. Does she have a younger sister?

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    You just have to continually remind her that her boy is a loser. If she doesn't catch on then you need to move on. It's her loss not yours if the guy truly is how you depict him.
    yeah i take subliminal shots at him sometimes and she always agrees. and yeah, i didn't make a conscious effort to put him in a negative light, i'm just going off of what she's told me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Just date a younger version of that girl. Does she have a younger sister?
    yeah...she's 13. ripe for the picking.

Just make sure if you DO end up messing with her & her 120 pound 6 ft boyfriend goes ape shit on you, your going to have to show him what's up before he does.

Banned

I'm falling for a girl while I have a girlfriend... Uh-oh. I'm ****ed.

If you really like her, persist for awhile, but don't hang it all on her. There are so many girls out there. It doesn't seem like it some of the time, maybe it doesn't seem like it right now at all, but there will be other girls out there you find attractive and will like. Like I said, though, if you really like this girl, persist for awhile, see where it goes. IF it doesn't go anywhere, move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Draz
    Just make sure if you DO end up messing with her & her 120 pound 6 ft boyfriend goes ape shit on you, your going to have to show him what's up before he does.
    i wouldn't do anything with her while she has a boyfriend but if she does break up with him and we get together i wouldn't be worried. a strong wind could blow him away honestly lol

Quote Originally Posted by skan72
    If you really like her, persist for awhile, but don't hang it all on her. There are so many girls out there. It doesn't seem like it some of the time, maybe it doesn't seem like it right now at all, but there will be other girls out there you find attractive and will like. Like I said, though, if you really like this girl, persist for awhile, see where it goes. IF it doesn't go anywhere, move on.
    yeah i know there are lots of girls out there. it's just hard because the last time i fell hard over a girl was like 4 years ago. and this girl seems so perfect, but you're right, i'll definitely keep my options open. good luck with your girl issues

Ah, the White Knight syndrome.

Sucks you've fallen for her in those circumstances but it sounds like she likes you for her personal academic gain as well.

Also sucks that she's with a loser, I know that makes you feel even worse and want to be more proactive about your advances.

I guess the Ginger is giving her that pasty pipe quite well

Hustle Loyalty Respect Knicks101's Avatar

Just move on, one girl isn't worth the time or effort. There's plenty of other women out there who are the same as her.

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

First off props to buddy. He's probably slaying her best friend as your trying to weasel your way in. Clearly not working to well or else you wouldn't be making a thread on ISH. I'd say just make a f*cking move and if it doesn't go your way cut your losses.

In reality she's gave you your answer. Clearly she likes buddy regardless of how you want to pretend he is. Make a move, be her friend, just move on. Pretty simple. Guess you can just pretend like he's the big bag monster on insidehoops and talk yourself up into having a coffee with her. Don't really see the point tho.

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    lol like that works. Her boyfriend can be the biggest douche bag in the world but telling her that won't do shit. Generally girls like douche bags and you being little miss raggedy anne ain't going to do shit.

I know girls can give mixed signals sometimes, because girls just like to be liked. So they'll say shit like "if the situation was different...", but you have to disregard shit like that entirely.

But I wouldn't say this is "leading you on":

she told me she thought i was cute and funny and smart and if the circumstances were different and she didn't have a boyfriend then it might work. but she said she didn't plan on breaking up with her boyfriend anytime soon. then she was like but if i did break up with him it would take a while to get over him.
    So she told you she has a boyfriend AND that if she breaks up with him she still doesn't have any interest in you. That is essentially what she said. It's time to move on.

Is her boyfriend "suicidal"? Ya see what I'm saying?

LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

what are you hiding about the guy? cuz if he's actually like that and she's still attached then why would you want her