Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Andre Drummond

Default Re: Andre Drummond

Quote Originally Posted by embersyc
    Way to have your own opinion.

Here is his poor motor in action last night:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkQg65PGqSo
    Nice game. Hope he develops into a good adversary for Dwight. Could have some great matchups in the future.

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

There wasn't a player in the draft I wanted more than Drummond. A Kyrie Drummond duo would have been so sick if he lived up to some of his potential. I think this draft has an interesting amount of boom or bust picks (Drummond, Waiters, Sullinger)

Quote Originally Posted by embersyc
    Way to have your own opinion.

Here is his poor motor in action last night:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkQg65PGqSo

so its better to be different and inaccurte, than correct but unoriginal

says a lot about people that its better to be wrong, and outlandish, draw attention to yourself, than just call it like you see it.

fact is drummon played charmin soft at uconn.

if you paid any attention, you'd have known that

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    so its better to be different and inaccurte, than correct but unoriginal

says a lot about people that its better to be wrong, and outlandish, draw attention to yourself, than just call it like you see it.

fact is drummon played charmin soft at uconn.

if you paid any attention, you'd have known that
    I paid attention and he did not even play close to soft. The team was in disarray(Napier and the other point(can't spell his name) were allowed to do whatever they wanted). That is the reason that Lamb and Drummond underperformed. Anyone could see that both were uber talented and had NBA games. Drummond showed his shotblocking, strength, quickness and hands. It was a big leap to think that if you put him in an actual offense he could do these things.

Don't be surprised when he develops and offensive game and starts shooting free throws at a decent clip either. Kid has all the talent in the world. He just needs to mature. Seems like that is starting to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    I paid attention and he did not even play close to soft. The team was in disarray(Napier and the other point(can't spell his name) were allowed to do whatever they wanted). That is the reason that Lamb and Drummond underperformed. Anyone could see that both were uber talented and had NBA games. Drummond showed his shotblocking, strength, quickness and hands. It was a big leap to think that if you put him in an actual offense he could do these things
    he may have some excuses as to WHY he played soft, like you specified, boatright, napier, and lamb showed little interest in getting him involved, broken nose, calhoun had little interest in developing him into an nba big man

but regardless, the fact remains, he played soft. he was 13th in the big east in defensive rebounding, despite his outstanding physical traits. you cant be that average on the boards, with his athleticism/size, without plating soft.
    he routinely got outmuscled in the paint

dont get it wrong, im not saying he cant be a really good nba player, im saying he played soft in college. even if he had excuses, the fact remains, he DID play soft in college.

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    he may have some excuses as to WHY he played soft, like you specified, boatright, napier, and lamb showed little interest in getting him involved, broken nose, calhoun had little interest in developing him into an nba big man

but regardless, the fact remains, he played soft. he was 13th in the big east in defensive rebounding, despite his outstanding physical traits. you cant be that average on the boards, with his athleticism/size, without plating soft.
    he routinely got outmuscled in the paint

dont get it wrong, im not saying he cant be a really good nba player, im saying he played soft in college. even if he had excuses, the fact remains, he DID play soft in college.
    didn't look soft to me. He looked young and uncoached. He was outskillled. He was rarely outmuscled and looked like a manchild on many occasions.

oh, and you can be that average on the boards if you don't understand positioning and are constantly worried about foul trouble. combined with the fact you are playing with other good big men for that level and good rebounding guards.

I wouldn't call it soft. But, I guess it is fine that you do. I saw a raw player in a horrible situation. Before the draft I was saying the same thing(http://207.58.151.151/forum/showthread.php?t=269322). You don't see guys like this every year, it makes no sense for a team like Cleveland or Toronto to pass him up for a run of the mill player.
    Last edited by IGOTGAME; 10-14-2012 at 04:55 PM.

didn't look soft to me. He looked young and uncoached. He was outskillled. He was rarely outmuscled and looked like a manchild on many occasions.
    i guess, we'll just have to agree to disagree

oh, and you can be that average on the boards if you don't understand positioning and are constantly worried about foul trouble. combined with the fact you are playing with other good big men for that level and good rebounding guards.
    if you are as athletic as drummond is, and you arent soft, there is just no way you are that average on the boards.

he just didnt play hard all the time.

I wouldn't call it soft. But, I guess it is fine that you do. I saw a raw player in a horrible situation.
    its fair to say hes raw, he is, and to give that as a reason as to why he struggled, but at the same time, its not fair to just assume that he will actually develop.

You don't see guys like this every year, it makes no sense for a team like Cleveland or Toronto to pass him up for a run of the mill player.
    i guess we'll just have to wait and see

hes off to a nice start though

I really like this Pistons make up. I never thought I'd say I am super excited to watch post-Rasheed era Pistons.

Banned

I've only seen the stat line from this game (I'll watch it tonight) but I hope he keeps up solid numbers when the season starts. I really want to see this Pistons line up develop, in a few years they could have one of the top front courts in the league.

I really wanted this kid. Other than Davis I would have taken him over any prospect personally. He could literally be one of the GOAT C's, or one of the worst.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lilgodfather1
    I really wanted this kid. Other than Davis I would have taken him over any prospect personally. He could literally be one of the GOAT C's, or one of the worst.
    I hoped he'd be good but i expected him to bust

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    I hoped he'd be good but i expected him to bust
    I don't "exepct" him to bust, but for him to reach his massive potential things will have to be perfect for him. I don't see things going perfectly, but he landed in a pretty good (realistic) situation for him to reach it.

The top realistic situations for him to reach his full potential would have been imo

Cleveland
    Washington
    BKN
    Detroit

Good PG's, lots of playing time.

However if BK gets that pick they likely trade it for Howard so I guess that's moot.

The best situations for him period would have been Miami, Lakers, Clippers, Celtics, Thunder, and Cavaliers, but only one of those were even close to realistic.

NBA lottery pick

He's had a very good preseason so far. It gives Pistons fans something to be excited about. Of course, it is just the preseason. We've seen other guys light it up in the preseason too. Daye has had awesome preseasons before.... We just need Drummond to keep working hard and developing his game. If he's starting by the end of the season I think it will be a good rookie year for him.