Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Brooklyns new court

Quote Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
    I've been living in NY for my entire life and I have seen more Net hats in one week then my entire life. The Nets brand and vision is being shared by many New Yorkers and the way you dismiss or deny that is insulting and absurd.
    Yeah, it's almost as if the team just moved there or something.

Personally I used to see "Brooklyn Nets" hats all the time like 5 years ago.

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Yeah, it's almost as if the team just moved there or something.

Personally I used to see "Brooklyn Nets" hats all the time like 5 years ago.

thats why i said net hats. i never said brooklyn net hats. are you mentally challanged? wait, don't answer.

you're just a hater.

Quote Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
    thats why i said net hats. i never said brooklyn net hats. are you mentally challanged? wait, don't answer.

you're just a hater.
    I don't even understand why you started this whole "the nets are getting popular in NY" thing. Yeah. Of course. Obviously. No one said they weren't. Duh.

Number6 mad for some reason.
    Why u mad?
    Let Brooklyn be.

Jerseys/arena are cool. Dont hate the game playa.

i dunno what you take him as
    or understnad that intelligence that jayz has
    rags to riches NIKKA he aint dum
    99 problems but a stadium aint one.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    The nets from the beginning have branded as they are this team for the people, like this affordable team for the poor black kids all over Brooklyn. ITS NOT LIKE THAT ANYMORE. Don't get on me for speaking truth. Brooklyn is pretty expensive, it's not poor, it's not urban the way people paint it. No shit it's diverse, my ****ing house is diverse. The PR (me), his japanese wife, his mixed kids, his jew sister downstairs. My black best friend and his japanese wife here every day.

I thought they should have done Yankee Blue instead of Black. I'm hating on Brooklyn for that comment? Are you joking? Yankee Blue is a problem to you?

The Nets have from the beginning tried to brand like they are this hip urban team for poor Brooklyn that can't afford the Knicks. I don't get it. Especially because the tickets are not cheap. Sorry. And i don't like Black uniforms...in general. See my thoughts on NWO Heat and Knicks Black trimmed ugly unis.
    You take marketing way too seriously. They're just trying to attract fans. What you're doing is prematurely bashing something just because you didn't like the way they advertised their product. And no, "soccer moms and yuppies" is not speaking the truth. GTFOH

"Knicks run Brooklyn" lol boy are you desperate

Banned

Brooklyn's new designs make my top 3 worst NBA colour\logo\design lists. That court looks like the one's i played on in junior leagues!

Looks fresh. People really hating on it? hahaha

Looks ugly to me.

If they wanted good looking designs they would not contract a rapper to do it, so I'm not surprised his ideas turned out shit.

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysunny
    You take marketing way too seriously. They're just trying to attract fans. What you're doing is prematurely bashing something just because you didn't like the way they advertised their product. And no, "soccer moms and yuppies" is not speaking the truth. GTFOH

I'm having fun with the Net fans. I change all the time. Does it bother you? Can you please list out what would be ok and not ok so i can write it?

And i don't like the marketing. Get over it. We are talking about it. Let me ask, should 100% of all the people in the world like the Nets new uniforms? Should 100% like the net court? Tell me what is ok not to like.

I live in Brooklyn, i can really tell you do not as do almost none of the Net fans on this board. I've been here 38 years, but i'm sure you know better, right?

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysunny

I'm not taking it seriously, i'm not thinking about it outside this thread. I just have an opinion on it. Do you like it? WHAT? YOU LIKE IT A LOT? WTF, you are taking this way too seriously. Look at your avatar, it's Nets. What a stan you are. You are taking the Nets way too seriously.

Does it work both ways or is it only too serious when you don't like something?

NBA Superstar

I'm not a big fan of the court design. I think it'd help to get a better glimpse of (say, from the TV angle in pre-season). From here, the hardwood looks pretty dark, and I'm still not a huge fan of the color scheme. I mean, it's a good start, I just felt they could have used a third color somewhere.

look at those seats, I feel like im looking at a soccer stadium

im in urban planning by trade and I've been keeping up with this stadium's progress for a while. I'm really interested to see the finished result (from the outside at least). Ratner and co. really strong armed this stadium through the policy stages (thanks to Prokhorov's big pockets) and when they said it would be done in 2012 I honestly let out a big hearty laugh. Now I feel like a fool, there really ISN'T anything money can't buy lol

Quote Originally Posted by Burgz V2
    look at those seats, I feel like im looking at a soccer stadium

im in urban planning by trade and I've been keeping up with this stadium's progress for a while. I'm really interested to see the finished result (from the outside at least). Ratner and co. really strong armed this stadium through the policy stages (thanks to Prokhorov's big pockets) and when they said it would be done in 2012 I honestly let out a big hearty laugh. Now I feel like a fool, there really ISN'T anything money can't buy lol
    It's not that pretty from the outside. They haven't cleaned up around it yet either, there are still some remnants of the construction, etc.) where the building is located too is congested so it's hard (unless you get a picture) to see it in all it's glory because there are things in the way. I'd assume there will be more cleanup soon. One of the main entrants is right on a very congested street where the sidewalk is small. I'm curious how that goes gameday.

I've heard it's really nice on the inside. My brother in law went in to try to sell them insurance (he sells to the Jets, etc.). He said it was a beautiful place. He also said there was literally no parking, he had to park outside on the street.

I live about 10-15 minutes away by car btw. My sister lives about 10 minute walk away. My advice to anyone going to a game - TRAIN. If you MUST take a car, go early (like 4 hours), hang out, get something to eat, chill and keep your parking.

Go Clippers!

I think its nice, like the black.