Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
    I rule the local playground

Default Re: Would a 30 y/o Jerry West, 27 y/o Larry Bird, and 28 y/o Dirk own the 2012 HEAT

Forget all this top 10 crap showing who would win....

You're asking who would win not which is the better team....this is all about matchups. This would be a great offensive shooting team, but defense is the key here. You kind of made this team a glass cannon here, and its shooting ability would be its main advantage. However this team cannot possibly guard the heat. Body size and athleticism is a huge advantage for the heat, and the heat's defense will allow for a couple of misses.

Not a very good matchup. This team is an offensive dream but it will obviously lose on the defensive end. They better hope they don't miss a shot

Default Re: Would a 30 y/o Jerry West, 27 y/o Larry Bird, and 28 y/o Dirk own the 2012 HEAT

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    West is an elite wing defender with fast hands, he can guard Wade. Could probably get a few steals and blocks against him. Obviously Wade would do the same to him too.
    Not against elite ball handlers who could create their own shot easily in isolation....

He can harass him, not stop him.

College superstar

Dirk beat the Heat w/ Jason Terry and Shawn Marion.

I think if he had Jerry West and Larry Bird replacing those two, he would have a much easier time.

Quote Originally Posted by scm5
    Dirk beat the Heat w/ Jason Terry and Shawn Marion.

I think if he had Jerry West and Larry Bird replacing those two, he would have a much easier time.
    Nope dirk beat heat with Tyson chandler, the key to the stops that series and clogging the lane....

The heat 3 depend upon going to the rim, and without someone to clog the lane it's a no win

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    West>Wade
    Bird<Lebron
    Dirk>Bosh

so yeah probably. idk about "own" though.
    This.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Lebron Actually won fmvp and a ring at the same
    Time.
    West is like 1-10 in finals and only won because of wilt. Clutch
    Gtfoh. West has been to the finals 11 times where as Lebron has been sent home early. West's finals losses aren't directly indicitive of his play where as we know for sure Lebron's poor play is directly responsible for at least 1 finals loss. The man earned the name Mr. Clutch

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    Gtfoh. West has been to the finals 11 times where as Lebron has been sent home early. West's finals losses aren't directly indicitive of his play where as we know for sure Lebron's poor play is directly responsible for at least 1 finals loss. The man earned the name Mr. Clutch
    Troll statements get troll answers; I wasn't being serious, calm down.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    there were like 14 teams back then. getting to the finals was also much easier

Quote Originally Posted by raprap
    Wade vs West is a wash. Wade will dominate him on both ends of the court.

LeBron vs Bird is interesting. Can Bird really defend LBJ on single coverage? I don't think so.

Bosh vs Dirk will more likely be a tie. But ill give Dirk the advantage.

Miami wins.

two things

#1 you obviously don't know what the phrase "it's a wash" means when you say Wade/West is a wash and follow it up with Wade would dominate on both ends.

It's a wash = they cancel eachother out

#2 at saying Bosh is a tie with prime Dirk. He couldn't even stop old ass Dirk from doing whatever he wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by INDI
    Add in John Stockton and a healthy Yao ( two other nba greats that are not black ). That would be a lineup that could win at least 7 titles in today's game.

Stockton - would average 14 asts, and toughness

West- very good defender, would average around 22 on this team

Bird- 3's galore, lead the team and tied with west for top 5 most clutch ever

Nowitzki- would average in the high teens, would be a 3rd option on this team

Yao- is the most interesting, he has the skill to be a top 5 number one option doesn't have the stamina to match. IMO if the team is not struggling to score I would focus his efforts on Defense with occasional plays run for him.

That would be a great team imo

if we are making an all cracker team I'm dumping Yao for prime Bill Walton and backing him up with prime Sabonis.

Quote Originally Posted by kentatm
    if we are making an all cracker team I'm dumping Yao for prime Bill Walton and backing him up with prime Sabonis.
    While your at it add Stockton at PG backed up by Nash, put Rick Barry as backup SF and Pistol as backup 2 guard. Manu 6th man, and McHale the low-post option PF for when Dirk isn't the right matchup.

That's as good a team as any I guess