Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 102
  1. #61
    NBA lottery pick Da_Realist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,687

    Default Re: LeBron has never had a 50 point playoff game?

    Also worth mentioning...

    The NBA moved to best of 7 first round games a little while back. MJ played best of 5. First round series was best of 3 before that.

    Less back-to-back games. I know Chicago played Detroit back-to-back days in 88 and against New York in both 92 and 96. I'm sure other teams also had them that I forgot about. I don't think it took 2 weeks to finish a round when MJ played like it does now. Players have more time to recuperate between games than they did when MJ played. It was even worse before that.
    Last edited by Da_Realist; 09-12-2012 at 06:47 PM.

  2. #62
    National High School Star DatAsh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,004

    Default Re: LeBron has never had a 50 point playoff game?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard
    You're delusinal if you think I ever said anything lke that.
    By saying that Lebron could have just as many 50 point games as Jordan in 64 less games played, that's exactly what you're suggesting.

  3. #63
    5-time NBA All-Star
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    11,079

    Default Re: LeBron has never had a 50 point playoff game?

    Quote Originally Posted by DatAsh
    By saying that Lebron could have just as many 50 point games as Jordan in 64 less games played, that's exactly what you're suggesting.
    No, you said that I said Lebron "was a better scorer" - I don't equate that with having the same amount of 50 point games. If Lebron set out to score, and not have his spread the wealth attitude, I believe he would have had seven 50point playoff games. I don't care if he did it in 1 less game or 100 it doesn't necessarily make him a better scorer. Jordan still scored more when he needed to. I'm pretty sure Lebron is going to surpass a couple of his scoring feats, that's very likely going to happen. I think Durant has the capacity to surpass a whole lot of them. But they are separate things. It doesn't mean they are better players or even better scorers.

  4. #64
    National High School Star DatAsh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,004

    Default Re: LeBron has never had a 50 point playoff game?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard
    No, you said that I said Lebron "was a better scorer" - I don't equate that with having the same amount of 50 point games. If Lebron set out to score, and not have his spread the wealth attitude, I believe he would have had seven 50point playoff games. I don't care if he did it in 1 less game or 100 it doesn't necessarily make him a better scorer. Jordan still scored more when he needed to. I'm pretty sure Lebron is going to surpass a couple of his scoring feats, that's very likely going to happen. I think Durant has the capacity to surpass a whole lot of them. But they are separate things. It doesn't mean they are better players or even better scorers.
    I think I can see where you're coming from.

    Yes, if Lebron only cared about surpassing these meaningless scoring records and didn't concern himself with winning games, he could probably match or surpass many of Jordan's playoff scoring feats, but it would be to the detriment of his team, so what's the point of even bringing it up. Jordan could do the same thing. If he wanted to Jordan could forgo everything other than scoring and set these records completely out of reach for anyone not named Wilt Chamberlain.

    Jordan didn't set out to score as many 40 or 50 or 60 points games as he could. He set out to win games, just like Lebron; his scoring records simply came as a consequence of him being a better scorer.

    Players who care about winning play to their strengths, and that's exactly what both Lebron and Jordan do. Jordan has more 40,50, and 60 point games because he was a better scorer, not just because he tried harder to get more of those games. He was more of a score first mindset than Lebron, but that was because he was a better scorer, and that was his greatest strength. Lebron's greatest strength is his offensive versatility, and that's how he wins games.

    So yes, Lebron playing for personal glory and to the detriment of his team could probably match Jordan's natural scoring numbers(playing to win), just like Jordan could match Lebron's assist and rebound numbers if he set out to do so.

  5. #65
    College star
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,104

    Default Re: LeBron has never had a 50 point playoff game?

    Quote Originally Posted by BGriffin's Dad
    is that right??

    i just saw stats mentioned in another thread that said LeBron has never scored 50 points or more in a playoff game, while players like Vince Carter, Ray Allen and Sleepy Floyd have... is that true?
    Yea but Wince and Floyd never won a ring like Lebron.
    Scoring 50 in playoffs is overrated

  6. #66
    ISH's Negro Historian L.Kizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Houston, TX -
    Posts
    38,883

    Default Re: LeBron has never had a 50 point playoff game?

    Quote Originally Posted by Raz
    Wrong. Ray Allen put up 51 on the Bulls in 2009

    Quote Originally Posted by dtbrehm
    Dirk got 50 later in the playoffs in 2006, and Ray Allen got over 50 in 2009.
    I corrected myself a few post later.

  7. #67
    5-time NBA All-Star
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    11,079

    Default Re: LeBron has never had a 50 point playoff game?

    Quote Originally Posted by DatAsh
    I think I can see where you're coming from.

    Yes, if Lebron only cared about surpassing these meaningless scoring records and didn't concern himself with winning games, he could probably match or surpass many of Jordan's playoff scoring feats, but it would be to the detriment of his team, so what's the point of even bringing it up. Jordan could do the same thing. If he wanted to Jordan could forgo everything other than scoring and set these records completely out of reach for anyone not named Wilt Chamberlain.

    Jordan didn't set out to score as many 40 or 50 or 60 points games as he could. He set out to win games, just like Lebron; his scoring records simply came as a consequence of him being a better scorer.

    Players who care about winning play to their strengths, and that's exactly what both Lebron and Jordan do. Jordan has more 40,50, and 60 point games because he was a better scorer, not just because he tried harder to get more of those games. He was more of a score first mindset than Lebron, but that was because he was a better scorer, and that was his greatest strength. Lebron's greatest strength is his offensive versatility, and that's how he wins games.

    So yes, Lebron playing for personal glory and to the detriment of his team could probably match Jordan's natural scoring numbers(playing to win), just like Jordan could match Lebron's assist and rebound numbers if he set out to do so.
    LOL, oooohk. I get it. When I said Lebron could do it, it makes it seem like he could do things that Jordan did without putting a particular emphasis on it, I guess like Jordan did. Because Lebron could do it with a bit of ease, you want to make sure Jordan is protected or that he is unreachable. Comon man, its not like they are facing the same teams so why should it matter? Kareem had the easiest time scoring, so therefore, is he considered the best? Jordan's legacy isn't held down by his scoring outburst. Plain and simple, if you seen him play you wouldn't get defensive by guys having more impressive scoring feats being better than him. You insult him with this type of thinking.

    When Jordan stepped out on the court he first said he was going to win and score more than anybody else. That's Jordan, and that's what he do. It was personal for him. Really, really personal for him. Lebron didn't care that Durant outscored him. Probably never thought twice about it. So yeah, there is a difference in attitude. Hate it, disclaim it, say it ain't so, but its a reality. If you think their attitude and appraoch to scoring is the same you definitely didn't see one of them play. Its a very unique attribute of Lebron to not really have a scorer's mentality and score as prolifically as he does. It doesn't make him better than Jordan, he isn't. But its part of his play.

  8. #68
    National High School Star DatAsh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,004

    Default Re: LeBron has never had a 50 point playoff game?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard
    LOL, oooohk. I get it. When I said Lebron could do it, it makes it seem like he could do things that Jordan did without putting a particular emphasis on it, I guess like Jordan did. Because Lebron could do it with a bit of ease, you want to make sure Jordan is protected or that he is unreachable. Comon man, its not like they are facing the same teams so why should it matter? Kareem had the easiest time scoring, so therefore, is he considered the best? Jordan's legacy isn't held down by his scoring outburst. Plain and simple, if you seen him play you wouldn't get defensive by guys having more impressive scoring feats being better than him. You insult him with this type of thinking.

    When Jordan stepped out on the court he first said he was going to win and score more than anybody else. That's Jordan, and that's what he do. It was personal for him. Really, really personal for him. Lebron didn't care that Durant outscored him. Probably never thought twice about it. So yeah, there is a difference in attitude. Hate it, disclaim it, say it ain't so, but its a reality. If you think their attitude and appraoch to scoring is the same you definitely didn't see one of them play. Its a very unique attribute of Lebron to not really have a scorer's mentality and score as prolifically as he does. It doesn't make him better than Jordan, he isn't. But its part of his play.
    Do you just like arguing for the sake of arguing? I'm agreeing with you silly. If Lebron set out to score as much as Jordan, he could. I agree with that. What exactly are you arguing?

    Also, you don't know Jordan very well if you think he was more concerned with scoring than winning. Jordan was obsessed with winning, not scoring.

    I agree with you that Lebron has a different approach to the game; he looks to get his teammates involved and is more effective at doing so than Jordan. Jordan looks to score first and foremost and is more effective at doing so than Lebron, and that's why he has more scoring outbursts.

    What exactly are you arguing again? I really can't understand that first paragraph. I can see that it's of a negative/sarcastic tone, but I'm not really sure what you're trying to say.

  9. #69
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,669

    Default Re: LeBron has never had a 50 point playoff game?

    It's cause Lebrawn don't play the fourth quarter.


  10. #70
    5-time NBA All-Star
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    11,079

    Default Re: LeBron has never had a 50 point playoff game?

    Quote Originally Posted by DatAsh
    Do you just like arguing for the sake of arguing? I'm agreeing with you silly. If Lebron set out to score as much as Jordan, he could. I agree with that. What exactly are you arguing?

    Also, you don't know Jordan very well if you think he was more concerned with scoring than winning. Jordan was obsessed with winning, not scoring.
    I never said he was more concerned with, did I???
    Did you read his books? Did you hear his hall of fame speech? Did you see him play a player that upped him a game before? You can have two obsessions very easily. Most healthy adults have three or four obsessions. Read Russell, Wilt and Hakeem if you think players have only one obsession. Winning was MJ's goal. Scoring was his personal investment. He was obsessed with both. When Pippen lead his team in every category all year long then Jordan first came back, Jordan didn't try to ease in the team. Jordan immediately took the majority of the shots, bad ones too, and imbalanced the team. He wasn't perfect, but he definitely was the best.

    I agree with you that Lebron has a different approach to the game; he looks to get his teammates involved and is more effective at doing so than Jordan. Jordan looks to score first and foremost and is more effective at doing so than Lebron, and that's why he has more scoring outbursts.

    What exactly are you arguing again? I really can't understand that first paragraph. I can see that it's of a negative/sarcastic tone, but I'm not really sure what you're trying to say.
    Wasn't a tone, it was straigt forward tellin you not to get defensive about another player scoring in outburst like Jordan. That Jordan's stature was safe. In was in direct response to you saying Jordan could have rebounded and assisted like Lebron. Which obviously makes me think that you are being defensive:

  11. #71
    I rule the local playground Jax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    548

    Default Re: LeBron has never had a 50 point playoff game?

    Should've destroyed Celtics in game 6. Shuck 15 shots in the 4th...

  12. #72
    Future GOAT PF BGriffin's Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,642

    Default Re: LeBron has never had a 50 point playoff game?

    who got mad?

  13. #73
    Future GOAT PF BGriffin's Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,642

    Default Re: LeBron has never had a 50 point playoff game?

    I wonder if he ever will?

  14. #74
    Knicks all da way imdaman99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    25,534

    Default Re: LeBron has never had a 50 point playoff game?

    Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Wow, 50 point games are extremely rare in the post season. Weird to see players like Carter on that list among some great players. Same with Floyd.

    Does anyone know if triple doubles or 50 point games are rarer in the post season? I'd imagine its 50 point games comfortably.
    50 pt games are so much rarer, as im sure you've been replied to hundreds of times with this

    just in recent memory, lebron, rondo, westbrook... and thats this generation, have dropped triple doubles.

  15. #75
    Knicks all da way imdaman99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    25,534

    Default Re: LeBron has never had a 50 point playoff game?

    Quote Originally Posted by BGriffin's Dad
    I wonder if he ever will?
    nah, he prob doesnt need to. hes had to when he was on the cavs with no other real scorers on that team.

    if he needed to, it means that wade and bosh both out with injuries. that means the heat are fcked

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •