Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: Howard walking with stat sheet after game showing it to teamates

Quote Originally Posted by SCdac
    I've watched him enough to know they're treating him like pretty much a role player, ala Tyson Chandler... He turns the ball over, yes, but his leash is shorter than it should be. This is a player who's ALWAYS turned the ball over and ALWAYS shot poorly at the line... Fact of the matter is, in wins he's putting up nearly 20 ppg. If I'm coach, I'm trying to get him to the number, not shut him out.

split stats are here ... (he turns the ball over virtually the same amount in W/L's)
    http://espn.go.com/nba/player/splits.../dwight-howard

These are good points but I don't think it's fully accurate. I think his stats are more an indication of his approach and his performance in those games. There are way too many games where he gets stripped a million times or can't handle the pressure and bobbles the ball until he either puts up a good shot or leaves someone else in a position of having to make something happen against the shot clock.

Someone made a point that Kobe and the team have to come out and say Dwight is gonna get at least 15 shots, and then make sure that he gets at least 15 shots. That's all well and good, except Howard should stop being a bitch. No one should announce or gameplan him to get 15 shots. He should play better.

Can't believe no one's talking about this from the same article:

Despite Kobe Bryant shooting at a career-high level, Howard has mocked Bryant's shooting stats behind his back when he hasn't shot well, leaving Lakers teammates feeling awfully uncomfortable.
    Seems to be just as big a deal as him walking around like a dork with that stat sheet.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue

Seems to be just as big a deal as him walking around like a dork with that stat sheet.

I wasn't willing to read anything, so I had no idea. If that's true, Howard has got to be traded TODAY. And if I'm Houston, I no longer am interested. Harden's points can go down and that's fine for him, but they have other scorers and I'd really wonder about Howard's ego now.

If this is actually true, then he either has to make up NOW or he has to be traded NOW. That's it.

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

Well it was inevitable.
    Coach taking huge and undeserved heat....
    Kobe twirling strings trying to be the puppet master.......
    Next, I predict Shaq will be traded to some team where he will pretty much win another ring....
    Oh wait this is different ..... right?

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    I wasn't willing to read anything, so I had no idea. If that's true, Howard has got to be traded TODAY. And if I'm Houston, I no longer am interested. Harden's points can go down and that's fine for him, but they have other scorers and I'd really wonder about Howard's ego now.

If this is actually true, then he either has to make up NOW or he has to be traded NOW. That's it.
    Yeah. I mean, I know everyone here likes to bash Kobe, and his fans have done a great job adding fuel to that, but to say that somehow Dwight is completely blame-free here is absurd. I think maybe myself and a couple other people here wanted nothing to do with Dwight during the Dwightmare because of his immaturity and because we already have an excellent, capable center with Pau. It's ridiculous that people here somehow think that Kobe's the only one to be held accountable on a team of this caliber.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue

it's obvious that Dwight doesn't even want to be in LA. The Lakers are looking to trade the wrong bigman, but then again don't believe everything you hear.